“Great Hotel, great location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Corinthia Hotel London

Save Saved
You added Corinthia Hotel London to your Saves list
Corinthia Hotel London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Whitehall Place, London SW1A 2BD, England (Westminster / Belgravia)   |
Special Offer
Easter Elegance
Ranked #7 of 1,069 hotels in London
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Hotel, great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We booked Corinthia on Trip Advisor's comments and it didn't fail. The location was fantastic, staff were great and we couldn't have been happier. We booked a rollaway for our 12 yr old and it wasn't set up when we got there. It did take 4 phone calls to get it organized that evening but that's a minor thing. Definitely stay there. It's fantastic!

• Stayed December 2012
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are indeed centrally located for all of London’s major sights and cultural activities, and an adjacent transport hub of Charing Cross and Embankment stations. We do apologise that your rollaway bed was not ready for your arrival and that it took time and effort on your part to rectify the problem, this should not have happened and your comments will be passed onto our Executive Housekeeper. We are really pleased you would recommend others to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you once again to Corinthia Hotel London.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager

1,005 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a 'River Suite' on New Years Eve. What a fantastic location!! - We had a perfect view of the fireworks, London Eye ect. The rooms were great with everything you could possibly want. I especially liked the Nespresso coffee machine! The rooms were immaculate when we arrived, then, while we were out for dinner they came along and tidied all the mess I had made getting ready to go out. The bathroom comes with separate shower & toilet, a TV in the bath & underfloor heating as well as complimentary toiletries from ESPA downstairs (which was also lovely). We also ordered room service in the evening & morning which was excellent and arrived exactly on time.

There were just a couple of small negatives - the fire alarm went off so we were evacuated and not told when we could go back inside - not helpful! (for the rest of the stay all of the staff were super helpful though).
Secondly, this may just be me, but, on the bottom of the bar bill, room service bill ect there is a space for a tip. This would be fine if they hadnt already added on a discretionary 12.5% - just seems a bit cheeky to me!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of Corinthia Hotel London. The River Suites are indeed the perfect spot to view the fireworks over London on New Year’s Eve with spectacular views of the River Thames. All of our rooms as standard come complete with a Nspresso coffee machine and ESPA Life products in all our bathrooms. We are pleased you enjoyed our extensive in room dining menu and that service exceeded your expectations. We apologise that the fire alarm sounded during your stay, unfortunately this was activated by circumstances beyond our control and we must evacuate the building and not re-enter until we have authorised clearance from the London fire brigade. Thank you for pointing out the space at the bottom of the bill for tips, we do add on a discretionary 12.5%, however many of our guests want the facility to be able to add extra for staff who have gone the extra mile. We hope that spending New Year with us was a great start to 2013 and we look forward to welcoming you back throughout the year.
Kind regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at the Corinthia London twice in 2012: once in March and again during the week between Christmas and New Year. Really appreciate their flexible check in/check out policy. How nice when you arrive early in the day from an overnight US flight to find the room ready and waiting! Similarly, if you're flying out late, an afternoon check out is available. This is just one of the ways in which the hotel excels at customer care. All of the staff, on both occasions, were warm and welcoming, willing to assist in any way. Room service was quick and delicious, efficiently set up and removed promptly. Breakfasts in the Northall were excellent. The room during my first stay was enormous! But even on the second stay, it was very comfortable and well appointed (well set up for working or charging multiple electronic gadgets). The laptop sized safe, conveniently located in a drawer, was a big plus. The bathroom was also very well appointed (appreciated the underfloor heating). I didn't use the spa but did use the hair salon (a branch of Daniel Galvin, one of the city's top salons) on both occasions, once for a blow out and once for wedding "do" and appreciated both the skill of the stylists and the flexibility about scheduling. Only downside was room temp on my last visit--it was too hot and the temp couldn't be lowered.

Location is great for theatre; easy walk to most theatres on the Strand or near St. Martin's Lane and very convenient for the National Gallery and Portrait Gallery.

I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your positive feedback following your recent visit to Corinthia Hotel London. The hotel has been designed to accommodate all the needs of a 21st century traveller and we have therefore pioneered a flexible check in and out policy allowing the ultimate luxury for our guests. As you mentioned this allows international guests to check in straight away making their stay easy and comfortable. Our well-appointed rooms are some of the largest in the London luxury market with an average size of 45m2. Equipped with the latest technology in the bedrooms and the bathrooms, we hope that all our guest find their rooms to be spacious and luxurious. Attached to our spa, Daniel Galvin at Corinthia is ideally located for those who have just visited ESPA Life at Corinthia and for those visiting the hotel for an event. I hope that when you are next in the country you will come back to visit us.

Kind regards
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

More often than not I am unbelievably disappointed in hotels in the UK. The Corinthia hotel has changed that for me!

We checked out of the Corinthia today after a 7 day stay. Here are my thoughts:

The Good -

*Gorgeous, well-appointed rooms. Beautiful lobby. Loved the Harrods "store."
*Staff is unbelievably nice and bends over backwards to accommodate requests.
*We didn't eat in either hotel restaurant but breakfast (via room service, which was included in our rate) was top-notch. Not sure what the Corinthia cook does with his scrambled eggs but they are divine!
*Location is a bit off the beaten path but the hotel is quiet which is nice. The hotel is just a 3 minute walk from the Embankment tube station which is very convenient.

The Not So Good -

*Room Service is delicious but every day something was inadvertently left off our delivery (butter and/or milk for tea and/or water, etc.). Not a big deal bit just something to note.
*Shower water temperature changes randomly which can be a bit dangerous.
*Check out was the only real issue...the clerk tried to charge us for breakfast (which was included in our rate) and also refuted the spa credit that was allotted to us. Not sure why this was such a problem since I booked our stay directly on the Corinthia's website and thus everything should have been clearly indicated in their system? Everything was sorted out in the end but I hated leaving on a slightly negative note.

The Bottom Line - I will definitely stay at the Corinthia on my next visit to London. This was definitely an overall fantastic experience and I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We are ideally located in the heart of London within walking distance of many of the city’s main attractions making it a fantastic place to rediscover London. The hotel has been redesigned to accommodate all the needs of a 21st century traveller and I am glad to hear that you found the rooms to be comfortable and well appointed. GA Design International are responsible for the design of the hotel and they have managed to incorporate the perfect balance of modern freshness and traditional grandeur. We aim to provide our guests with the best service possible, going above and beyond our guests expectations and I hope you found this to be the case. With regard to the issues you experienced during your time here, please accept my sincere apologies. We value all the feedback we receive as it is only with this that we can continue to improve our product and service. I hope that when you return you will have time to experience our two restaurants, The Northall and Massimo Restaurant and Oyster Bar, as well our magnificent spa, ESPA Life at Corinthia.

Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I went for a massage during the weekend. The whole design and facilities are very impressive and clean. it even has a quite room for you to have a short nap! Had a great massage from a skilled masseuse. Service is great. The only suggestion I would like to give is to provide herbal/infusion tea instead of iced water right after the massage so that the body could be kept warm. Overall, I will want to come back again for a SPA!
After a very relaxing SPA, I went to the Lobby to have afternoon tea with my husband. We started around 5.40pm, however, we only managed to finish at 8.30pm due to the slowness of the service. We didn't eat a lot, as the sandwiches are quite dry and desserts are too sweet. It wasn't a great experience because we had to wait for a long time for each food service (apart from the normal set, we only ordered one extra round of sandwiches and 3 extra desserts). The back door was opened by guests coming into the hotel from time to time, and there was no doorman looking after it so where we sit was sometimes very cold (my husband had to go and close it at least twice). I would really hope the hotel could have enough staff to look after the guests at the lobby and make sure that the service is smooth and attentive, to meet its 5-star standard.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you kindly for taking the time to write your review, your feedback is much appreciated. We were delighted to learn you enjoyed all the ESPA Life facilities and indulged in some luxury pampering. We are most thankful for your comments regarding the provision of herbal/ infusion tea following a massage, which will be shared with our senior management. It is most apparent your Afternoon Tea experience in our Lobby Lounge was marred by the delays in service and we were only too sorry to learn the quality of food did not meet your expectations. We would very much like the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel and we would highly appreciate for you to contact us directly at your convenience. We very much look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We had a Boxing Day lunch for 16 people, including young children. Unfortunately, the reservation process to make the booking was less than satisfactory - we had to leave messages that were not responded to and we very nearly gave up after three days of trying to get a confirmation or response. However, the lunch in a private alcove off the main dining room was well worth it. The menu was ideal to cater for a range of tastes and ages and was not too fussy, just what we needed after Christmas. The service was friendly, quick and efficient with no long waits between courses despite the size of the group.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of The Northall Boxing Day Brunch. Please accept our sincere apologies that the reservation process was unsatisfactory and rest assured your feedback will be shared with our senior management immediately. We are pleased that despite the set back you managed to make a booking and enjoy your Boxing Day Brunch with us and your family in The Northall private dining room and that the food and service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Corinthia Hotel London in 2013.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My mum and I stayed here between Christmas Eve and Boxing day and it did not disappoint. The staff were SO welcoming and warm (despite having to work over Christmas!) and the room was very plush- my favourite touch was the television in the bath! Turn down service included a box of treats on our pillow, which I thought was going to be chocolates, but I was pleasantly surprised to find contained old-school penny sweets!

The location is great. I live in London myself and I like the fact that the hotel is very central, but the street itself isn't too busy or noisy. It's a 15 minute walk to Regent Street, which meant on Boxing Day we could hit the shops for the sales and be back in the hotel quickly without having to worry about transport.

Breakfast was wonderful; something I would come back for even if I wasn't staying at the hotel overnight. Again, the staff were on point; not overbearing, but we didn't need to ask for anything at all. A great selection of choices and the room that it's served in was stunning.

And finally the spa, probably the best I've been to in London (and I've been to few!). Plush dressing gowns, a lovely pool, sauna and hammam and really clean, well kept facilities.

I really can't find anything that I could really fault the hotel on; my only (minor) gripe was that there isn't a ramp at the Whitehall Place entrance for suitcases, so luggage had to be carried up a few stairs. I hope that the Corinthia manages to keep up such high standards in the long-run, as they are becoming very rare in the hospitality industry. The stay wasn't cheap at all, but it was money well spent. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an extensive and glowing review of Corinthia Hotel London – great feedback is always very much appreciated. We are so pleased both you and your mum enjoyed all the facilities Corinthia Hotel London has to offer. Our hand-picked team love going the extra mile to welcome and please all our guests and we are delighted that this was noticeable during your stay, especially over the Christmas period. The hotel is located within easy distance of so many of the delights London has to offer, public transport is just a few minutes away with Charing Cross and Embankment station, the National Gallery is just north of Trafalgar Square, and London’s West End is but five minutes walk away, as well as access to some of the world’s best shopping.
Breakfast in The Northall is becoming a destination restaurant and offers both a great buffet as well as menu choices, and we welcome external guests as well. I am glad you enjoyed using our exceptional ESPA Life spa and gym, indulging in the four floors of pure luxury pampering.
We do apologise for the for the absence of a ramp at the Whitehall Place entrance for suitcases and we have duly noted this point with the team. We look forward to welcoming you again soon so that you can see we have maintained our high standards.

Kind regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager

Been to Corinthia Hotel London? Share your experiences!