“One of the world's very best hotels” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Corinthia Hotel London

You added Corinthia Hotel London to your Saves list
Corinthia Hotel London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Whitehall Place, London SW1A 2BD, England (Westminster)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Weekend Wonder
Ranked #14 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Near Boston, Massachusetts, USA
“One of the world's very best hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here and mad it our home base for my 60th birthday celebrations in London. From the very first time we stepped out of our transportation to the hotel and the warm welcome by the ever present doormen who always had a warm word of welcome, until the time we left and the door was closed for our trip back home, the place was magical. The hotel's general manager managed to find out the reason for our stay and sent a note - as well as a wonderful cake. Thomas at the door actually remembered to wish me a Happy Birthday and remembered my name! The superbly knowledgeable bar manager and staff remembered us over several visits. Each and every one of the staff was a pleasure to talk with - making us feel ultimately welcome as if we were honored guests in their own home. I am easily able to compare this hotel (and I am so distraught to use that word - since it is so cold now) to the extremely warm memories I have of the once famous Oriental Hotel Bangkok. I can only dream of returning.

Room Tip: I am sure that any room at this place is wonderful. Recommended without the slightest hesitation an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
First of all let us again wish you a very Happy Birthday and many happy returns. Thank you for your kind review, especially regarding our excellent customer service levels throughout the business. Our aim is always to exceed our guest’s expectations and treat each customer as an individual with the warmest of welcomes. Please do make your dreams a reality and make us your home from home as we look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate many more occasions.

Kind regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Polish first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We recently stayed there for 3 nights. My husband and I usually stay at a similarly high end hotel nearby but it was strongly recommended by our agent to try the Corinthia. It Is everything we expect in a top-level hotel in London. The service was wonderful; from housekeeping, technical support with WIFI, food, gym and spa, check-in, porters and very importantly, concierge. The room was spacious (we had a jr suite) and the amenities and features were perfect. My needed to work fro the room and he was very comfortable and the strong and consistently strong wifi made it possible for him to work without any breaks..We are fussy travelers with high needs and expectations and are prepared to pay for it. Our expectations were realized and more. We will return and look forward to it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our hotel. We have strived to meet the needs of the 21st Century traveller with state-of-the-art technology and free wi-fi throughout the hotel for all our guest and visitors, as well as our business centre included in your room rate. Our rooms are indeed amongst the largest of all the major London hotels and finished to exemplary standards. We will pass on your compliments to our teams regarding the wonderful service, and we are delighted we could exceed your expectations. We look forward to being able to do so again soon.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The service at the hotel was amazing. The entire staff bent over backwards to ensure that we (2 adults and 2 children) had a fabulous stay. Talk about going the extra mile - they sent the kids robes, slippers, lollipops, juice, cookies and bags of candy. Not to mention arranged a wonderful day at the aquarium for us! Each night after a day of touring, we were thrilled to come back and enjoy our fabulous hotel. One other important note, the rooms almost seemed sound proof as we couldn't hear anything from our neighbors - very rare indeed!

Another huge bonus for the adults - there was no nickel and diming as you often find with hotels. We got charged the nightly rate and not a cent more for any extras - including breakfast (included in our rate), wifi, etc.

This will be my go to place in London for the fabulous service, dining, location and atmosphere. Thank you Corinthia for a fantastic weekend. Can't wait to see you again next week!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. We take great pleasure in welcoming children to the Corinthia Hotel London, and enjoy going the extra mile in our customer service standards to exceed our guest’s expectations by providing those unexpected touches. Our rates are extremely competitive, especially as we include so much as part of the package, including our fabulous spa, which we hope you will be able to enjoy on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Kind regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I really struggled with the Corinthia. My girlfriend and I had a great meal downstairs in a fairly empty restaurant but nevertheless, the food was delicious. Staff were nice and friendly, very courteous if a little bit aloof but they seemed to mean well. However, when we got to our room and got into bed, I was astounded. The cheap spring mattress they had was super uncomfortable, I barely slept a wink all night. I didnt exactly expect a memory foam mattress but was a cheap mattress topper too much to ask???? If they could sort this out, Id come back but until then, no way

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments following your recent stay at Corinthia Hotel London. I am sorry to hear that you and your girlfriend did not like our bed mattress and that it affected the quality of your sleep. Corinthia Hotel London uses one of the best brands available, however we do understand that all our guests have a personal preference when it comes to mattresses and I am only sorry to hear that we learnt of your preference after your stay with us. I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel London in the future.

Kind regards
Matthew Dixon
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My recent 4 night stay at Corinthia London was very disappointing and in relation to the prices they charge I expected a LOT more ...I stayed in Room 214 which had nice bathroom but however the bedroom was very standard what you would find in any hotel with 2 tiny closets for luggage and clothes...My biggest complaint is that my room was FREEZING cold and I spoke to Housekeeping on 3 different occasions to try and have AC controls repaired. They brought an Engineer but it was still freezing afterwards . When sitting at table near balcony window there were terrible draughts around the window which is not double glazing . In the end I had to request a heater which was finally rolled in (on 3 wheels 1 broken) after 40 mins and 2 further calls to Housekeeping ...Staff were indifferent and from older reviews I see that this problem of temperature control had occured previously so its not a new issue...also on check out when I checked over my bill an extra £74 had been added to my bill for Mini-bar items which I hadn't consumed and which was removed without question when I pointed it out...One wonders do they add on amounts randomly which people sometimes end up paying for if in a rush checking out...Final word to Management : sort out the glitches they ruin the experience ! Beware anybody visiting if you're allocated Room 214 !!! I would NOT return EVER
The courtyard area below the balcony of my room had lairy drunks screaming till early hours of the morning so POOR sleep quality also

Room Tip: Dont accept Room 214 its very cold
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at Corinthia Hotel London. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you unfortunately experienced, as a result of a malfunction with the heating system in your room and I can appreciate that this must have been very frustrating.
Our housekeeping and engineering teams were unable to immediately fix the air conditioning unit in your room and in this instance you should have been notified and an alternative room found for you. I am extremely sorry that this was not the case and that your stay was effected as a result of this.
With regards to the extras added on to your bill, this was evidently a mistake, and I was pleased to read that my team immediately removed them from your bill. I would like to assure you that it was a genuine posting error.
I would like to invite you to contact me directly here at the hotel on Tel: +44 (0) 20 7930 8181 as I would be delighted if you would allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. I look forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards,
Matthew Dixon
Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Booked as a very special treat...and it was. Charming staff, quiet comfortable rooms. Fab location. Check out as flexible as you want. Breakfast was lovely - choices of everything you could possibly want. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Phoned to make the reservation and the chap on the line couldn't have been more charming - chocolate cake in room to celebrate special occasion.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your great review of Corinthia Hotel London. We are really pleased we were able to exceed your expectations and make your special occasion even more enjoyable by spending it with us. We look forward to sharing your next special occasion with us.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have stayed at the Corinthia Hotel in London three times and it is the most luxurious hotel we have stayed at in London.

This was originally built as a grand hotel before being consigned to being a government office block for many years. Its re-emergence from its multi year refurbishment has set a new bar for the other so called luxury hotels in London.

Our rooms could have made the most wonderful studio residences with each having a separate hallway (that can be closed off from the room with sliding doors) and a large walk in wardrobe off that.

Bathrooms are of varying size from the large to the cavernous with separated wc and wet room showers.

The finish on these rooms is to a ridiculously high standard with even the smallest having a two seater round table which is better than any hotel desk I have seen.

The staff are all extremely attentive and helpful - and always cheerful.

The spa area is in itself amazing.

I almost don't want you to go here because it will make it harder for me to get a room if everyone finds out about it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review and for your continued support with your third visit to our hotel. Our rooms are amongst the largest of any of the major hotels in London, and we have prided ourselves on the attention to detail and finish of every room, with our aim to redefine luxury. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Corinthia Hotel London for your fourth visit.

Kind regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.

Been to Corinthia Hotel London? Share your experiences!