“Absolutely Fantastic.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 17,150 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: At Terry's we pride our self on only using quality locally sourced produce. The ethos at Terry's is to provide good honest food in an inviting friendly manor. Our meats come from smithfield meat market (where Terry used to work prior to the cafe) and our fresh produce comes from the famous Borough market. More recently in 2011 we introduced our coffee machine to the forecourt of our shop We enjoy a good relationship with Monmouth coffee co who have supplied us from the outset. We bake our own fresh pastries on the premises daily. Lunch time you can enjoy one of our home cooked daily specials from £8.00, such as "Toad in the hole ", sausage & herb pie, Traditional Roast dinners or Fish and chips, all cooked the premises and cooked to our own families recipes. Home cooking at its best! If your looking for a michelin star rated restaurant your in the wrong place, if its a Traditional English cafe, serving unpretentious good valued food and service look no further.
durham
“Absolutely Fantastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

First visited Terrys after seeing reviews on Trip advisor.I was not disappointed.This is a fantastic little cafe serving really delicious food.Have visited on 3 occasions and had the works for breakfast each time.These were the best breakfasts that I have had.They were really huge and the quality of the food was superb.They really set you up for the rest of the day.The staff are really friendly and the atmosphere is great, with trad jazz playing in the background, and a great mixture of customers.If anyone is staying in the London Bridge or South Bank area, give your hotel breakfast a miss,and go to Terrys,and enjoy really superb food.

94% Recommend
  • Polish first
Aberdeen
“Amazing breakfast - best hangover cure ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I went here for breakfast on Saturday morning. We ordered 2 'Blowouts'. What can I say?!! I had a queasy tummy from the night before but, after a few mouthfuls of Terry's lovely 'bubble & squeak' I was right as rain! The breakfast here is legendary and it is so good I will visit every single time I am in London. The food is fresh, tasty and if it's a nice day, you can sit outside. The staff are very attentive and genuine. The best London café ever!

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Just like mum cooked, but much much better,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Its a regular thing when were at the training centre that a group of us try and get into Terry's cafe before the rush. Although we might only go two or three times in as many months were treated like regulars, theres always a bit of banter which was tradition back in the day, and carried on with Austin. He runs a tight ship in there and has a total grip during the busy times actually quite a feat to witness. So im in there with a group of six of us first time for a few weeks and after a no nonsence dinner inside me im up to pay, Austin only goes and thanks me by name, my mates use my nickname but that showed so much about the man i had to write it somewhere. oh, i had the most outrageously good steak and stilton pie with all the trimmings. And a slab of bread pudding to slip into my bag for later.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Great way to start the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went to Terry's Cafe on Saturday morning having read lots of good things. Really enjoyed the experience, the food was excellent and the cafe had a really nice atmosphere to it. Cup of coffee for 60p as well!

Copenhagen, Denmark
“A true London gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Read the reviews on here and as we're staying just a short walk from Terry's it was obvious to go.

I've been visiting London multiple times and I have to state it is THE best English breakfast I've ever had.

The owner, the staff and other customers were extremely friendly making you feel very welcome indeed.

It is definately a place to visit again and again.