“Holy guacamole” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cantina Laredo

Cantina Laredo
10 Upper ST. Martin's Lane | St Martin's Courtyard, London WC2H 9FB, England (Covent Garden)
+44 20 7420 0630
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cantina Laredo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #614 of 17,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
north east uk
“Holy guacamole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The guacamole prepared at the table was lovely. A more upmarket Mexican restaurant with different choices from standard burrito/chimichanga. very good

Visited April 2013

London
“Excellent Mexican food in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Being an American and living outside of London, it is hard to find good Mexican food and I miss it. The few Mexican restaurants around my area all seem to be about drinking Tequila with the food being an afterthought...I didn't feel that way about Cantina Laredo. My wife and I had a very good 2/3 course lunch that was both good value and absolutely delicious...oh and we did have a couple of very nice Margaritas! :)

Highly recommended for those looking for really good Mexican food in the capital!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nice but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Visited Cantina Laredo yesterday before a trip to the theatre. Restaurant was very quiet when we first got there because we were quite early but after about an hour it started filling up.

Food was nice. We shared the guacamole to start - nice touch it being made at the table and it tasted very fresh. Felt the portion size of the mains was rather small - both of us had tacos, me vegetarian and my partner had pork. Three tiny flour tortilla, the pork ones had quite a bit of filling but the veggie ones had just a small pile of veg in each with a bit of cheese. Both dishes were described as being served with rice but this turned out to be barely a spoonful. Having said this the flavours were lovely, so was a real shame they portion sizes weren't more substantial.

I also had the pecan brownie which was very nice, however the waitress did get the choice of ice cream I asked for wrong. I also had to ask for the dessert menu twice before she brought it over.

All in all, at just over £50 for a shared starter, two mains, one dessert and a drink each I felt it was overpriced for what it was. Very doubtful I would visit again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Hot & Spicy... :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Lovely Setting in Covent Garden, Very Busy so glad we booked in advance. Food was lovely and well presented. Staff were very good. Cocktails & Wine choice were plentyful. It is very noisy so I wouldn't go if you are on a date, I would also bear in mind the food is quite potent in smell, our clothes smelt of it some time after lol ! other than that fantisco !

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Terrible lukewarm American ersatz Mexican. Overpriced and soulless restaurant. Service fine but didn't begin to compensate for the food which was literally inedible: stale enchiladas with overprocessed filling and glutinous gravy.

When we tried to complain the Manager was "busy in the kitchen" so clearly no real interest in their customers either.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere