“Two night stay at Waterloo Central” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge London Waterloo Hotel

You added Travelodge London Waterloo Hotel to your Saves list
Travelodge London Waterloo Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   195 - 203 Waterloo Road, London SE1 8UX, England (London Bridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Saver rooms available
Ranked #464 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Kettering
“Two night stay at Waterloo Central”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

On arrival at the hotel we requested an extension lead as my partner has sleep apnoea and uses a machine to breath, despite being promised one by two members of staff they finally admitted that the only one in the hotel had been stolen by a previous guest, We had to move the bed along the wall to reach a plug socket.
There were no mirrors anywhere near a plug socket so drying my hair was a challenge.
On arriving back at the hotel mid afternoon the room hadn't been cleaned, I spoke to the housekeeper and said that provided we had clean towels and coffee and tea sachets we would be happy to leave the room, but an hour later the housekeeping had gone home and forgotten even though they had written the information down when we first spoke about this.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Korean first
Pontefract, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Stayed here with work on a thursday in december. Myself and a colleague went at 13.50pm to drop our bags off only to be told there was no such facility. We asked if it would be possible to check in, only to be told that check in is not until 14.30pm but we could check in early... for £10 per room! Had no option but to pay the £10 to check in 40 mins early as we didn't want to carry bags around! The receptionist was sour faced and pretty uninterested. It is clean and in a decent location. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great value at £100 or thereabouts for excellent room (on 8th floor), quiet and with reasonable outlook (inc. London Eye). Staff very friendly and ready to help. Breakfast really good for less than £8, breakfast room tables well set out and pleasant atmosphere. Drinks at the bar surprisingly inexpensive. Another winner for Travelodge. Locations near Waterloo makes travel around the city by public transport very easy.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Was very annoyed about my stay at the travel lodge london Waterloo. We only stayed for the 1 night. To start with we checked in using the self service check in which was i was impressed with and then went to find out room. No hello or welcome from the staff at all wasnt very inviting but that being said at least it was clean! We couldn't find our room despite following the signs which are poorly placed for rooms 0-28 and very misleading but again no customer service what so ever. The key cards didn't work for our corridor so it felt like anyone and everyone could stroll down as they please being a customer or not, which I think is the case with the bar also.
Which leads to the worst experience I've ever had!!!! About 4am there was exceptionally loud shouting and banging on doors down my corridor. Group of I presume men who I doubt were even customers but due to the poorly working key cards they could just enter as they please. This was going on for about 1/2 an hour and then they left. Thought they would be gone and then they returned again and again!!! Was so annoyed I was awake most the night and because the walls are like paper thin you could hear people just talking outside let alone shouting. Only
1 staff member mentioned it to us he was very apologetic and explained the situation, think we should have been offered something more like a discount but I was sleep deprived so that was the least of my worries!!
Other than that the hotel was nice clean and quiet.

• Stayed December 2014
Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

As soon as we were invited to a Nephew's wedding in London, we booked a room here for 2 nights for about £150 and it was the best deal we could find anywhere at the time. We usually use Lenny Henry's recommendation but Travelodge if was to be this time based upon cost.

A week before, we went on-line to check the booking and decided we'd better add eat,y check-in for an additional £10 (rip off) and breakfast for us both days as it was £1 cheaper to pre-book. However, the website said it couldn't do this and we should try later which we did again and again.
Eventually, I telephoned the 10p per minute help line (rip off number 2) and was then told that as I booked it some time ago, I would need to speak direct to the hotel and was given a number which was unobtainable as was the number on the booking web site. The only thing left to do was to leave a message with the support team which I did. This was last Tuesday and I'm still awaiting a reply! Lenny Henry would have replied.....

So, we turned up to check in early and ready for a fight with a rehearsed speech about abysmal customer service but after the cleaner had tried to work the computer, one of the Reception staff booked us in, added early check in and the breakfasts. I should have argued that I wanted a £4 discount for not being able to get the cheaper fed for booking breakfasts online but I couldn't be bothered.

So, what is the place like? I found it to be less inviting than Lenny Henry's place but it was clean and functional, the rooms had little decoration, a small TV, not many sockets and a small bathroom with only a shower. That said, the shower was one of the best I have had anywhere, hot, powerful, full flow and endless hot water, I enjoyed a fantastic shower both mornings. The shower was worth the fee alone!
The breakfast was adequate, whereas my hotel chain of choice offers a choice if eggs, scrambled is the only option here and no mushrooms, hash browns etc. that said, I enjoyed my breakfast both days, it was fine.
The best thing about this hotel though, apart from the pride and the shower is the location.
Just up the road from Waterloo station, it was near enough to town to walk there and back and also, we got a bus fro across the road direct to Euston on our way home.
They also gad a bar cafe serving very late and some nearby mini supermarkets which were handy too.

I still prefer my usual holiday hotel chain but next time in London, I'd need a really good deal to draw me away from this place

Room Tip: 340 has a cracking shower, mist others probably do too
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Aylesbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The room was very clean and tidy I paid £118 for one night which I think is expensive. I would probably recommend they not make their rooms so expensive per night. I don't think the room does room service which would of been good, plus there won't a telephone in the room so you couldn't ring down to reception if you needed to.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at the Waterloo Travelodge with my boyfriend over the weekend. The hotel is really nice and comfy and the staff were all friendly. The only criticism I can say is that the bathroom floor wasn't as clean as it could be. Apart from that it was a really great experience and I would recommend it who wants to stay near Waterloo/South Bank.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge London Waterloo Hotel? Share your experiences!