My fiancée and I stayed at Seraphine Hotel, Kensington for 4 days in January. We chose the hotel based on web reviews, an apparent 4 star status and location - we had high expectations, but were immediately worried when we first arrived. The hotel starts at first floor, but to get there you have to climb a steep staircase - terrible! We lived at 3rd floor, but was in very poor condition so it took a lot of time and effort (a button must be pushed hard all the time for the elevator to move) to get up.
The room was quite clean and appeared well equipped, however very, very small! Further we found that the iPod dock didn't work, the bathroom smelled and many appliances were hard to reach; and when we found a way to make room for our stuff by moving furniture etc. we sadly found that the stuff was moved back every day by the maid. Also a very noisy vent was placed just outside our window.
The bed was absolutely fantastic though!
The service was mediocre and the staff didn't pay much attention or provide anymore than a minimum of service. In this regard we were quite disappointed by the continental breakfast - it was OK when the staff filled up, however some days the selection was terrible and we had to ask for more things, which wasn't provided anyway.
We had a great time in London anyway and the hotel was fine IF we had expected a budget deal - we didn't and therefore we felt disappointed.
+ Plus on Location and Bed
- Facilities, breakfast and value
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on High Street Kensington, just a few minutes’ walk from the High Street Kensington Tube Station, this modern, intimate chic hotel overlooks Holland Park and is in the vicinity of Kensington Palace and Gardens and is the perfect choice for either a pleasurable few days holiday or short business trip. In the surrounding area of the hotel one can find stylish shops, bars and restaurants. Art galleries, the Natural History and Science Museums, Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace and The Royal Albert Hall are just a few of the many attractions which are located within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel is very close to Olympia and Earl’s Court Exhibition Centres. All guests staying at the hotel get free entrance to the Connoisseur Casino, which is located near the hotel. All our rooms, which are all individually designed, offer the ultimate facilities that one would expect from a hotel of this quality. All rooms have complimentary High Speed Internet access and WIFI, laptop size safe deposit box, full en-suite facilities with bath or shower, IPOD docking system, TV Entertainment system, Tea & Coffee Making facilities, air conditioning, telephone, triple glazed windows, desk, electronic door locking, opening windows and hair dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Seraphine Kensington Olympia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- BEST WESTERN Seraphine Kensington Olympia Hotel London, England