“Just gets better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palmers

Palmers
238 Roman Road, London E2 0RY, England (East End / East London)
02089805590
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Palmers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #283 of 17,940 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, Diner, Seafood, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: East End / East London
Description: Palmers Restaurant is a stylish yet informal brasserie-style restaurant in Mile End that is a smart spot filled with natural light, bright artworks and smiley staff. Decorated with tiled floors, wooden furniture, floor-to-ceiling windows and plum-coloured banquettes – this dining room has a friendly, linger-over-dessert-and-wine vibe and regulars know the star of the show is the creative modern British menu which is filled with gems such as the queen scallops with slow-roasted pork belly and Madeira sauce; the Bresse Bleu pear and walnut risotto; and the quince and hazelnut crumble with custard. Suitable for working meals and family nights out, Palmers – which is located on Roman Road, has earned an enviable reputation with local food-lovers.
London
“Just gets better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I eat here again last night with a friend. It started off pretty quiet but as the evening wnt on it became more busy and with that a great atmosphere.
Just like my two previous visits the food was fantastic, great menu choice, well presented and very tasty.
I love this place and now that it seems to be getting busier so too must other people.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing steak, amazing value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

When we moved into the area 2 years ago we stumbled into Palmers the first night. We've been going back regularly since. The food is very good (mainly mixed classic and modern European) and incredible value. The Czech family that run the place are lovely. The decor is awful (slightly disturbing, almost anatomical, vegetable photos), like the lobby of a cheap business hotel, and the music almost invariably Massive Attack or Morcheba (at least it's not shabby chic!) but don't be put off the food is in a different league!

London, United Kingdom
“Palmers is my new favourite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This restaurant is a real find, we live nearby and decided to take advantage of the 50% off food before 7pm, Monday-Thursday. I wasn't expecting too much of this place before we went, it isn't an obvious location for a restaurant, I thought it was an estate agents the first time I walked past the building! We turned up and were greeted by a friendly and attentive waiter. He was the only member of wait staff we saw that evening, and even though the place got quite busy by the time we left, we were never left waiting or trying to grab his attention. He recommended a wine to suit us, which was delicious. The menu is seasonal so only a few choices, but I could quite happily have ordered anything from it, it was varied enough to cater for lots of different tastes. For starter we had crab tagliatelle, which was an ideally sized portion, and was fresh and delicious. We also ordered scallops, which were the best I have had anywhere, really tasty. For mains we had rib-eye steak, ordered rare, and it came properly rare! It was really good quality. We also ordered the swordfish, which was fabulous. We had dessert too, chocolate pudding with creme fraiche and berries, again it was perfect- just the right amount of rich without being overpowering. I would have happily paid the full price, and will do in the future, for food of this exceptional quality, but with the half price offer it was unbelievable value.

The warm, friendly service and the utterly excellent food really wowed me. I could not recommend this place highly enough, and we are going back tomorrow.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A Real Little Gem!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

If you are in the Bethnal Green area and looking for a really good meal, find Palmers on Roman Road!!
I always pay them a visit when I'm in London and I think the food is very very good. Restaurant itself is very pleasant as are the staff.
Prices are very reasonable too.
It's a real little gem!!

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just moved to Bethnal Green and was meeting a friend for dinner so looked up places to eat in the area and noticed Palmer's was highly regarded. They offer 50% of all food if you arrive before 7pm so we booked for 6.30.
To start we had the scallops with chorizo and the crab tagliatelle - both of which were lovely. We both had the rib eye steak with chimichurri for a main - nicest rib eye I've ever eaten and brilliant steak chips. For dessert I had cherry and bourbon sorbet and my friend had chocolate brownie (which I helped her polish off) which were again both excellent. We also shared a bottle of house white which was only £14 and very good.
Definitely worth a visit - especially if you can arrive before 7 - it was only £25 each for 3 courses and wine (including service charge). It wasn't particularly busy when we arrived but all the window seats and a couple of outdoor tables were taken by the time we left. Only one waiter but service was still of a high quality. Highly recommended!