“Great find” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bencho Cafe - CLOSED

Bencho Cafe
151 Earls Court Road, London SW5 9RQ, England (Earls Court)
020 7370 4825
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Earls Court
Valletta, Malta
“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

A very cosy, busy and informal venue. Friendly staff who can make you feel welcome even if they are run off their feet. Nice food including healthy variations of the traditional English breakfast.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great breakfast take away and coffe this morning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I ha a quick stop today in bencho cafe today to collect my breakfast. The food was of a very high quality and at a good price. Many thanks to the friendly staff!

Charlie

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Great little find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

During a recent trip, a colleague and I visited this venue twice - once for a late night coffee on the way back to our hotel and then for breakfast. The staff were friendly and attentive. The breakfasts were delicious and good value - we had an 'eggs benedict' and a poached egg on toast. The pastries looked amazing at the breakfast sitting but we simply couldn't fit one in despite being tempted. Can't recommend enough - lovely to find a personal service in London!

Visited March 2013
“Overpriced dinner and sleezy service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I walked past Bencho with a friend and we thought we'd try it as it had a cosy, homely atmosphere. The place has a good ambience.

However, the dinner that I tried ( priced around £11) tasted like a ready meal and had been reheated after standing in the display window. The pasta was very soggy, and the portion was small. The service seemed friendly at first, but started getting sleezy after a while. We ordered tap water with our meals, and the waiter didn't seem happy about this. He didn't bring the water until we reminded him about half way through our meal.

With the atmosphere, i wouldn't have minded paying for the food, had it been cheap. But i find the overall value was poor, and the service disappointing. I wouldn't go there for dinner again. The cakes looked tasty, though, and reasonably priced. I think this is rather a place to go for coffee or a snack

• 2 of 5 stars Food
London
“A lovely, warmhearted and cosy Cafè”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I love this tiny and cosy cafe in the middle of Earls Court. The ambiente is very nice and with the conglomerate furniture it´s even more homely. What I love most there is the cappuccino. I always get it topped with loooooot´s of cacao, and the coffee itself is also very good. Mhmmmm :D
I tried as well the pastries, the breakfast and the quiche.. They have a small but international menu like French or Italian Food or the classic English Breakast..of course:D
I do like the portions and how they serve their food. You get the quiche with seasonal vegetables and a small side salad which tastes all delicious. It´s true, that the vegetables aren´t chopped tiny, but I like it in this way. So I can only recommend the food!!
The staff is also very friendly and funny. If you need help with the food they kindly help you with their favorite dishes:D
They are all very obliging and try to make your cafe-stay comfortable.
I would recommend Bencho for everyone who is looking for a warmhearted cafe-break or who wants to appease one´s hunger.

• Visited March 2013