“Good food at a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Siam Garden

Siam Garden
5 Hogarth Place, London SW5 0QT, England (Earls Court)
020 7370 4371
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,400 of 17,998 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Earls Court
Ashford, England, United Kingdom
“Good food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I found this restaurant tucked away in pretty much a hole in the wall, saw the sign saying Thai food and you go through a gap in the buildings which opens up into a triangular patio area with a few tables, the main restaurant was inside and as it was such a lovely spring day I really wanted to sit outside. One of these was vacant so decided to go for it, not expecting much as the food seemed quite cheap. I had a couple of glasses of red wine which was very cheap at £2.95 a glass and good quality. I had a starter of squid rings in batter with chilli sauce, it was nice but the chilli sauce was thick like honey, too much for me. I then had the Green Chicken curry and rice, which was brought out in a separate bowls and it was absolutely delicious, I could not fault it at all. The service was really good and prompt, I didn't have to wait long for any of the food. I had two waitresses serve me both in Thai dress, one was really nice and polite but the other older one was a little grumpy and never said a word. Good food, nothing fancy but good value and would recommend.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Punchy Thai food, cheerful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a bit of a gem, hidden away in Hogarth Place slightly off the beaten track.

Food is very punchy and authentic. Some dishes are almost too spicy - our friends we dined with were steering us away from some of the dishes as being too hot even for their experienced palates.

A good indicator of the authenticity of the place is the number of Thais eating in the place, including the brassy Thai hooker who sat next to us with a nervous American client last Saturday night.

All the food is good, the mixed starters is a great combination and you cannot really go wrong with the red and green curries.

Remember to keep the Singha flowing as the food is hot.

Waitresses are neither brassy or hot but are friendly cheerful Thai auntie types who bustle about not entirely efficiently but with lots of good humour and enthusiasm.

It's a whole lot more fun than any of your Thai Square formulaic chains and is definitely worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Authentic Thai dishes but nothing too fancy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We chanced upon this restaurant as we were very hungryI enjoyed my meal here, the food is authentic thai and the restaurant itself is very cute. The portions were not really large and perhaps because of that it could be seen as a bit expensive. The thai desserts were great, I had not had many thai desserts before but the green pancake was delicious. Staff are friendly but not too engaging. Overall, a very nice meal. Atmosphere was slightly lacking.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Too expensive for the offer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food is ok, but I had better Thai food in the area, the ambient and atmosphere remind me of my grandma stuffed rooms with loads of useless things, could be done much better. Price is the surprice as you could find better food and less expensive elsewhere in London.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“I wish they would improve!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Siam Garden has been in Hogarth Place for as long as I can remember, one of very few Thai restaurants in the area, believe it or not.

The food is authentic Thai, as is the decor and, most certainly, the service. But the standards are not high and I can only report this restaurant as average.

I'm so sorry and I wish you would improve. Oh, and stop adding a hefty service charge. Your standards are not good enough.

• Visited January 2013