“Wonderful tour...book quickly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The English Bus - Day Tours

The English Bus - Day Tours
Belvedere Road and Chicheley Street, London SE1 7BP, England (Southbank)
+44 20 7183 8427
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 472 Tours & Activities in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Top quality small group, personalised and highly enjoyable day tours from London with a maximum 16 passengers. Tours to Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, Cambridge, The Cotswolds, France, Belgium, Brighton and more. We go where the big buses can't and you get the personal attention from your extremely passionate, articulate, knowledgeable and personable guide that you cannot get in a larger tour group. Don't get lost in the crowd - guaranteed small groups for an unforgettable tour experience!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Philadelphia
“Wonderful tour...book quickly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

What a great day. Easy to pick up. Interesting group of people who will be your friends by the end of the day. Chris was very friendly and knowledgable. Stonehenge was amazing as well as Bath and the 'Secret Places'. Highly recomend but book early as he is popular and a great example of a small business man made famous by social media!!!!

Visited August 2013

Hong Kong, China
“highly recommend!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The small group tour is wonderful!! Chris explains everything clearly and livelily! It was very thoughtful of him to drop off all the group members in our preferred location in London!!The bus is comfortable and everything is well-organized!! Highly recommend!!!

florida
“Wonderful Day in the Country!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This day trip was one of the best days that my family of 5 and I enjoyed in England!! Chris was very knowledgeable of English history, as well as very entertaining. The small number of people on the tour was wonderful, and the small bus could fit on some of the tiny English roads that bigger tour buses would not have dared to go down. We loved all of the sites, but I have to say that the "secret places" were probably our favorites! We highly recommend Chris and this tour.

Irmo, SC
23 attraction reviews
“Stonehenge, Bath, and Shhhhhh...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Chris gives a wonderful small group tour. I initially made a reservation mistake and had to move it. The day i wanted was full but they were able to pull some strings and get my wife and I on the tour. We did the tour backward - meaning visited the places in reverse order due to his expectation of crowds , not drove the route backwards, and it appeared he was right. The secret places are just as interesting as the "headliners" just not as well known. Bath had some great history and spectacular Georgian architecture (except maybe the new baths) and Stonehenge was historically very interesting - though I just couldn't stop thinking of Spinal Tap, it looks alot bigger in person. It rained for our stop in Stonehenge - I suspect that just kept the crowds down, and made us a little wet (at least warm and wet). One oddity: when I got back to the States and turned on the television - there was a short segment on one of the secret places...maybe not completely secret, but it meant so much more just having been there....

Calgary, Canada
“Highlight of my England trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Chris's The English Bus operation was a definite highlight of my whole trip to the UK. I had found out about it via word of mouth and after having gone on the tour cannot recommend it enough myself. Chris brings many interesting facts to light about every place you visit and gives you a very personal and memorable experience that a lot of bigger tour companies simply could not do. The secret places were not a gimmick, but actually incredibly cool off-the-beaten-path locations that would have been worth a trip to alone. If you take one guided tour in England, make sure this is it.

Visited July 2013

Been to The English Bus - Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The English Bus - Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.