“Fantastic with a capital 'F'” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 612 activities in London
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Top quality small group, personalised and highly enjoyable day tours from London with a maximum 16 passengers. Tours to Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, Cambridge, The Cotswolds, France, Belgium, Brighton and more. We go where the big buses can't and you get the personal attention from your extremely passionate, articulate, knowledgeable and personable guide that you cannot get in a larger tour group. Don't get lost in the crowd - guaranteed small groups for a unforgettable tour experience!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Francisco, California
28 attraction reviews
“Fantastic with a capital 'F'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My mom and I did the Stonehenge, Bath and Secret Places tour on Monday, Jan. 14 with one other family and two young Aussie ladies. It was a small group and so perfect for exploring. Chris, like everyone mentioned before is AMAZING. No seriously, he not only knows a lot about everything (even stuff that's not tour related - you can just ask him for advice about London in general) he is funny, personable and like we say in Hawaii "loves to talk story". It makes your long day with him a lot of fun.

For us, when we got started it was snowing. It picked up and dropped off and by the time we got to Stonehenge it was raining. It was so cold, but we went around and listened to the audio because this is such a fascinating place. Coming in the winter time was still the best bet -- no crowds!!

Chris took a great picture of my mom and I when we were there. Freezing, but all smiles!

Then we left to Bath and when we arrived the rain stopped and the sun came out. I got the best pictures and Bath itself is just gorgeous. We all opted to stick with Chris and got a really interesting tour of Bath and then we had just enough time to pick up snacks and souvenirs. OH LUNCH! We ate at the Crystal Palace - we had fish and chips. It was just Okay, but beer was better. However, later we opted to get Pastys (like Chris told us we should) and OMG, I was in heaven later on at home. SO GLAD we picked some up to take home with us.

After that we did secret places and I can't tell you where we went BUT OMG...it was an adventure. For me and my mom a slightly spooky adventure, but I'm telling you right now -- no other tour company was where we were at. Chris takes you literally to places other people DON'T go which makes this tour unique.

Price is worth it. Chris is amazing! You won't regret it. Book now.

New York
45 attraction reviews
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I did the Stonehenge, Bath & Secret Places tour and loved it! My favorite part was Bath because of the architecture and all the pretty alleyways strewn everywhere. You can totally roam around by yourself but I definitely recommend going off for a little bit and then joining Chris for his two walking tours. What I really liked about the tour was that it didn't seem like Chris was reading from a script. He had tons of local knowledge and it wasn't a tour that read like a history book. Chris talked about everything from what locals thought about a council tax increase to help rebuild the Roman Baths to London's reaction during the 2011 riots.

The only glitch was that Stonehenge happened to be closed due to snow on our visit. Chris was super apologetic about it. His fiancé actually called in the morning to confirm that it'd be open, but the officials decided to close it later on while we were in transit. He made it up to us by taking to us to another prehistoric monument, which was even better because it was much quieter and allowed us to get closer than we would have been able to at Stonehenge. He even bought the entire group drinks and chips, which he didn't have to at all but was a really great gesture!

My only bummer on the trip was that I was so exhausted by the time we left Bath that I passed out and probably missed a ton of details during our drive back to London! It's a well timed tour but prepared to be a little tired by the end because Chris does his best to maximize the tour schedule. I used to be pretty anti-tour before this but you won't have a dull, cookie-cutter experience if you have the right guide (i.e. Chris).

Brisbane
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I did the Stonehenge, Bath and secret places tour on Saturday 5th January and it was a great day tour for those in London for only a short amount of time and would like to see some of the countryside of England. Stonehenge and Bath and the secret places were awesome! Chris is very knowledgble about all the places we visited and gives you extra information that you would otherwise not receive. He is willing to answer any question and makes everyone feel welcome on the tour. The new tour bus is very nice too!
Thankyou for a great day.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“The Best Tour I Have Been On”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I'm not a big fan of guided tours because I usually find that the tour guide is so boring and monotonous and the trip feels too restricted. HOWEVER, I found the tour with Chris to be the best tour I have ever been on! I did the Bath and Stonehenge Tour for £69 per person and it lasted 12 hours so worth every penny! Chris is a fantastic guide, incredibly knowledgable and answered all of our questions as well as being very easily to get along with and was really invested in the group. He even included some bonus "Secret Places" on the way back to London which was really enjoyable. This tour comes from me with the highest recommendation, great job The English Bus!

Visited January 2013
“Amazing sites and guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Day trip was amazing Chris knows absolutely everything you need to know and more!!! The secret spots where sensational, highly recommend this company and tour! Thanks for a great day!

Been to The English Bus-Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The English Bus-Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later