“Day trip to Bruges.. Christmas Market” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The English Bus - Day Tours

The English Bus - Day Tours
Belvedere Road and Chicheley Street, London SE1 7BP, England (Southbank)
+44 20 7183 8427
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 472 Tours & Activities in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Top quality small group, personalised and highly enjoyable day tours from London with a maximum 16 passengers. Tours to Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, Cambridge, The Cotswolds, France, Belgium, Brighton and more. We go where the big buses can't and you get the personal attention from your extremely passionate, articulate, knowledgeable and personable guide that you cannot get in a larger tour group. Don't get lost in the crowd - guaranteed small groups for an unforgettable tour experience!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Burbank, California
“Day trip to Bruges.. Christmas Market”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Did the day trip to Bruges Belgium from London (Kennington tube stop). Very enjoyable trip and informative. Rode in the chunnel tunnel with Chris' bus (named "William"). Myself and my husband (long time married couple from California, USA). Wonderful food including fries and chocolate. Bruges is a fairy tale city (Christmas was in full bloom) and now we know where Disneyland steals ideas from.... I would recommend to anyone... Bruges is very accepting of Englsh speakig tourists.

Saint John, Canada
32 attraction reviews
“Fantastic trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Jen & Chris are absolutely fantastic! I was traveling alone, and unsure of the tube system, but Jen was able to give me directions and make me feel at ease in getting to the pick up point. I did the day trip to Bruges, Belgium and it was great. We left London at 8 am and were back in the city around 10 pm. The ride to Belgium was great, and Chris offered a lot of great ideas on what to see or do before sending us out on our own in Bruges. I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone in London looking to do a day trip.

South Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Wonderful Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

So happy that I found Chris and The English Bus. I took the one day tour to Stonehenge, Bath and the very Secret Places. In November, I took my first trip to the UK and was traveling solo. I had no desire to drive myself out to Stonehenge and Bath, so I booked a tour. What a find! Not only did I get to see two sites that were on my must see list, but some "secret places" as well. There were other solo travelers and couples on the day of my tour. The number of participants was "just right". Chris made quite an impression. Professional and knowledgeable, but warm and witty. What great luck we had with the weather. I've already passed on the English Bus info to a colleague who is traveling to the UK next year.

Boulder, Colorado
“Excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We went on the Bath/Stonehenge tour. Chris was a great guide and it's obvious he enjoys what he's doing. I went with my 7 year old son and he definitely enjoyed this tour more than the others we went on and i'd have to give Chris much of the credit... He was patient with my sons interruptions while still staying on topic for the rest of us to enjoy his explanations and knowledge. We will definitely take another tour through this company again the next time we're in London, I wish all tour experiences were this good!

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderfully Unique Day Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I booked the trip for my parent's visit to England in order to show them more than just London. While I myself had gone on other tours to Stonehenge and Bath, I decided to go with Chris and The English Bus because of the fantastic reviews and small group experience. I was extremely pleased with our day and felt we had ample time to explore both places as well as the secret locations. Chris was extremely informative and kept everyone's attention whilst traveling place to place as well. What makes him special is his genuine interest in each of his passengers unlike many of the larger company's guides. I would definitely recommend Chris and The English Bus.

Visited November 2012

Been to The English Bus - Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The English Bus - Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.