“Sunday lunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zen China Restaurant

Zen China Restaurant
County Hall, Riverside Building | Westminster Bridge Road, London, England (Westminster / Belgravia)
0207 261 1196
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zen China Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,415 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Westminster / Belgravia
Transit: Buses: 12, 53, 77, 148, 159, 211, 341, 381, 453, 507, C10, RV1 Tube: Waterloo, Westminster, Embankment Taxi drop-point: Belvedere Road off Chicheley Street.
Description: Located inside the same building as the London Film Museum
London, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had a really nice table looking out over the Thames to Big Ben and the food and service was excellent. Staff were really welcoming and friendly and the food was delicious. We couldn't eat it all and asked for a takeaway box. Flavours were excellent and presentation was great too. Lovely food. However, unless you know it is there though may be a bit difficult to find, they need to advertise more! The only downside to our lunch was the pompous French guy on the table next to us who seemed to delight in trying to make the waitress look small because she didn't know the vintage of the red wine he ordered. Very unnecessary behaviour and fortunately the waitress did her very best to avoid a scene and was professional at all time, he was the one who looked like a twerp!

• Visited April 2013

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese food I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went for one of the pre- selected menus- think £30 a head it was a 4 course delight!! Food was amazinf, staff were attentive and did not feel rushed. Such a hidden gem, wouldn't have thought about going until saw small sign but I would definately recomment this if you are a lover of chinese, even for the fussy there is plenty to choose from! Will definately be going again!

Visited April 2013
Whittlesey, United Kingdom
“Fabulous flavours, give it a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We visited Zen Garden on Saturday night 9th March with friends. We hadn't been there since 2010, what difference did we experience!. The service was excellent and the food unbelievable wonderful. The flavours with each of our choices was fabulous.I can say that this is the best chinese meal I have ever experienced, they certainly know how to present your food with wonderful different tastes. Be back next time we are in London.

• Visited March 2013
London
“Gorgeous food, gorgeous view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I visited last week. We had a table at the window with a great view of the houses of parliament. The staff were really friendly, service was great. The food was the best part, the starters and main courses were huge and absolutely gorgeous.
I live very near by and am gutted I have never been before. I will be going back again soon.
There are very few restaurants with a view of the houses of parliament and I would highly recommend this one for special occasions. I can't understand the previous poor reviews. I would never usually review a restaurant on tripadvisor but I was so impressed that I felt compelled to write about my very positive experience.

• Visited February 2013
Manchester
“Nasty, poor food, rude staff and bad hygiene”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I read the reviews but formed a view based on the 50 50 ratio, I hoped it would at least be able to put together a sweet and sour dish, how wrong I was. There is a reason this place is next to mc Donald's, it clearly feeds off their left overs, it was food that I wouldn't serve to my worst enemy, service that made me feel horrified to be in London and all of us have been ill since eating there.
Two hours, only one drink each between three people, no offer of a second one, prawn crackers that had clearly been sat out for days, starters that were frozen Iceland versions, mains that I cannot put in to words, plastic sauce, red and sticky mess, a crab dish served in a pottery crab! Yes really, it was like something from a horror film, stringy crab meat in a pottery crab shaped dish,
All the food we chose was dreadful, not a veg in sight, nor a real herb or spice, even the spring rolls were frozen ones.
Then to add to it all, finished our food for 20 mins, watched a fight between staff and never once offered another drink, a dessert or the bill, just sat and watched other unhappy customers leave in a state of shock.
Went to the toilets to find the loo brush on the sink. This place really is the pits and then some.
I have never written a review before but this is something I want to save people from, it shouldn't be allowed.
Then we ask for the bill, tell them we were not happy and the young girl who had been rude to us from the start told me I was obvioulsy having a bad day, took my card then flung it back at me.
My kids begged me to leave without drama so i did. I feel so strongly about this place that I will be informing trading standards.

• Visited February 2013