“OK but was expecting more after all the great reviews” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BrakeAway Bike Tours

BrakeAway Bike Tours
London SE1 7RY, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)
0207 183 1865
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1,022 Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: With BRAKEAWAY BIKE TOURS you’ll see more in a few hours than most see in a few days. We pride ourselves on being a smaller company, with local tour guides, who limit the size of the groups so that you are always involved and remain safe at all times. So, come discover the real London, as we tell you tales about sites that breathe life into the history of one of the greatest cities worldwide.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
4 attraction reviews
“OK but was expecting more after all the great reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Have done similar bike tours in other major cities and I love the concept. It's a great way to see the city and to hopefully learn a thing or two along the way. So much depends on the particular guide you get. I found our guide to be very polite and attentive but wanted to hear more detail on the sights we were seeing. At times I felt like he was just there to make sure we didn't get lost. Wasn't a bad way to see London, just would love to hear more stories and tales of the place.

New bern nc
“Great way to see London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Would do this tour again! A great way to hit all the fine points of the city as well as many back street/ally sights only an insider would know. Chris is a great guide!

Visited February 2013
“Get on this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I have been in London for nearly a month seeing and exploring lots of weird and quirky aspects of this great city. Brake Away Tours was a nice addition to our holiday. Chris really gave us a great insight into some of the less known but equally beautiful aspects of London. Twisting through back streets, watching canals and seeing some of London's sights from a new angle. Loved this 5 stars. Riding a bike in any city can be crazy, but this is a safe and inexpensive way to see London. Stopped at a lovely pub, just off Brick Lane before heading out for part two of the ride.

Visited February 2013
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I booked this bike tour as part of a birthday surprise for my Canadian husband despite not ever having attempted cycling in London. I was a little apprehensive initially because it was meant to be a rainy morning but decided to go for it anyway. I'm so glad I did. The weather was much better than anticipated and it was so much fun. Chris is a great tour guide and kept us entertained throughout. My husband loved it too. Can't wait to book my next bike tour - there's no better way to see the city. It's a must do!

Visited January 2013
Dallas, Texas
“GREAT IDEA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Would completely do this again and again! Even though I had lived in London, I had never seen some of the back gardens and alleyways where this wonderful tour took us! I felt completely safe and loved every minute of this bike tour!

Visited October 2012