“Simple accommodation, brilliant personalities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bennys B and B

Save Saved
You added Bennys B and B to your Saves list
Bennys B and B
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   44a - 46a South Ealing Road | South Ealing, London W5 4QA, England   |
Ranked #105 of 525 London B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“Simple accommodation, brilliant personalities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family of three (toddler) used Benny's as our main base for London. We were on a UK holiday, and these days were meant to be mostly business for me, with time for fun in the off-time. Benny's is a well-priced B and B. We stayed on the third floor (I think) with double beds. The room had a kitchenette (sink, kettle and mini-fridge) and small bathroom. In a separate room there was a microwave and toaster. Listen, this is basic accommodation. It is absolutely fine for a just place to stay.

What really gives Benny's a great rating from us is Benny himself, and the folks helping him. He was full of suggestions for where we could go, and what we could do. At breakfast we would often have talks on politics, or anything but politics, giving a great communal atmosphere. Benny even walked with us to a nearby park to show our son the birds--brilliant.

So in terms of facilities--it is a basic place to hang your hat for the nights. In terms of meeting a nice owner who looks after his guests, A+.

Room Tip: Bigger is probably better. Though the walls seem thin sometimes.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Had a lovely welcome with a cup of coffee. Room small but clean with an ensuite including a bath. Safe area for parking and a budget stop over. Bed was comfy with clean bedding and towels, hair drier in the room and a mini fridge. Warm room breakfast basic but good.

• Stayed November 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was my first trip abroad and I had no idea what to expect. The room was clean, had all the basic necessities, and although I was in a room facing S. Ealing Road, the traffic and pedestrian noise didn’t bother me (I travel with earplugs). Benny is a kind soul and has a terrific sense of humor. My family and I spent many a cup of tea with Benny, Andre, and Sindu, as well as other guests from all over Europe. The location was a perfect “home base” with a bus station right outside and a Tube Station just down the road. Perhaps it’s not exactly like other bed and breakfasts you might find in other towns—it felt more like an international boarding house—but it was a comfortable place to return to at the end of a long day of Tube hopping all over London and the surrounding area. I especially loved sitting around swapping stories with Benny, his staff, and his guests. And may I add that the iron Benny and Sindu lent me was the best iron I have ever used—ever? Thanks, Benny and company, for one of the best trips in my life thus far!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room that does not face S. Ealing Road.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at Benny's for 3 nights- 2 parents and 2 kids (6 and 8). We shared a small room, double bed for us, bunk beds for the kids. We had our own very small bathroom in the room. The location is terrific. It's a 3 minute walk to the South Ealing tube stop on the Picadilly Line- perfect for being a tourist. There is a really cute neighborhood (Ealing), about a 15 minute walk or 5 min bus ride, with tons of restaurants and shops. In terms of cleanliness, well, it's not the Four Seasons, but it's also just fine. Nothing was actively dirty and yes, I plan to stay here again and will recommend it to friends. For 82 pounds a night, breakfast included, safe neighborhood, super easy access to Central London, hey, it's a great deal. And, Benny and Andre are wonderfully friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Call them directly instead of booking via the website. They are wonderfully nice and can help you ge...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night only and thought that it was the dirtiest place I have stayed in during my frequent travels in the UK and overseas. I have attached pictures to back up this statement and cannot believe how anybody could give it a good rating.

Fisrt of all the check in area is basically a junk cupboard at the end of a hallway. The stairway carpets and walls are filthy and most of the room doors look as if they have all been kicked or punched at some time. The room itself was over a busy main road and did not have double glazing so there was a lot of noise all night. The curtains did not fit the window so there was also light coming into the room all night.

The bed had a matress that was a maximum of 1.5 inches thick so the frame of the bed was poking through this and sleep was virtually impossible.

The TV was a 15 inch 1990s model high up on the wall and was that small and far away, it was not easy to see what you were watching. There are no bedside lamps so the only frm of lighting was a single bulb hanging from the ceiling.

The positves: The bathroom was fairly clean and the breakfast room was OK. I am assuming that Benny was the guy serving breakfast and he was very pleasant. Oh I forgot to add that I paid £70 for single occupancy for the pleasure of staying here!

Room Tip: I dont think good rooms exist
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Victoria, B.C., Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights at Bennys. We were enroute to Athens from Edinburgh and chose Bennys due to positive reviews we had read and the fact it is closer to Heathrow. Bennys is a very basic place. The rooms are small, but clean and comfortable. The carpeting in the hallways needs to be replaced as it is very tired and grungy. Benny and his sidekick, Andre, are very nice gentlemen. They offered us lots of advice on where to visit in the short time we had available and Benny gave us some solid suggestions for dinners. Our breakfasts were basic, but satisfying. We had no complaints at all. Bennys is a bit far out. If you were to use it as your base to explore London, expect about a 40 minute tube ride to get to the central part of London. The South Ealing area is not at all touristy. We enjoyed walking around and exploring the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I recently stayed in Benny's while on a short business trip in London. It's perfect location if you're flying into Heathrow with only a short 20 minute trip on the tube to get to and from there.

The guest-house is a short walk from the station, in a very safe part of the city. I was checked into my room in only 5 minutes, with fingerprint access being very handy as you never need to worry about keys or cards.

Benny and his friend Andre were in reception to greet me when I arrived and they had a cup of tea and a toasted sandwich in front of me in no time, knowing I'd be hungry after a day of travel and work. That's the type of thing you just don't get in a hotel, and with the friendly chat with both Benny and Andre, you'll feel right at home in no time.

The rooms are perfect, adequate for what you need. They are clean, roomy, and the shower is warm and powerful. Probably the best thing about staying there is the high speed internet. Again I have never stayed in a hotel that had as good a connection - so if you value good internet this is the perfect place.

If you're looking for a cheaper option when staying in London, look no further than Benny's, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Bennys B and B? Share your experiences!