“The smallest room ever!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shaftesbury Suites London Marble Arch

You added Shaftesbury Suites London Marble Arch to your Saves list
Shaftesbury Suites London Marble Arch
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Great Cumberland Place, London W1H 7LG, England (Marylebone)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
FREE BREAKFAST & WIFI
Ranked #664 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Bath
“The smallest room ever!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I booked a Deluxe Single room. The furnishings etc. matched, the size and location did not. The room was next to the luggage store behind reception, had no natural light and the hum of next doors air conditioning. The size was the real shock, maybe 10 by 6. Tiny. The room wasn't cheap. I complained. If I left then there would be no refund. There were no other rooms. Eventually at around 9.30pm, once it was clear no room could be sold, I was offered a different room after complaining for a third time. I would recommend some caution.

Room Tip: Check the size.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
marseiLle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

The hotel was veRy good, Service, room, cleanliness ,location was perfect! Staff member were very nice. I really enjoy my time in this Hotel

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Shetland traveller
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Arrived in the evening (9pmish) – check in was up the street in another hotel. Apparently there's no reception after 7pm. Long wait, at the Montcalm reception followed by a charge of £360 for two nights (not including breakfast). Then I was taken back down the street and shown to the SMALLEST hotel room I have EVER seen… I thought the Station hotel iin Zug was bad, but this was about the size of your average dog basket, The infamous room 6. Smaller my kitchen larder, containing a single bed, wardrobe (12 inches across containing an ironing board, so that you couldn’t hang anything in it), a small bedside table, a desk (4ft x 2ft) – but no chair – covered in kettle etc, so couldn’t be used as desk anyway. Bedroom curtains couldn't easily be closed because the bed was jammed up against it. The “bathroom” was about a third the floor area again containing a loo, shower etc. Suitable for a Mattel-sized Barbie: In fact Barbie's very small fluffy kitten would suffer irreparable / fatal brain damage if swung in either of these rooms. (meoooow, ouch!)... and the over-active heating (see "poor" review from 2011) is still not fixed! After a great deal of fuss, and a statement from me that I would move out in the morning, the gentleman on reception moved me to a double room (having first told me that they were full and didn't have any ..) – this room is more like the size of your average hotel room. Still an inordinate rip off at £360 a night. (plus a minimum of £12 for continental breakfast). Soundproofing is poor. I expect to pay more to stay in London, but I do not expect to be blatantly ripped off - what a shame. If the owner had not been so greedy guests would not be so disgruntled. This is definitely one to AVOID!

Room Tip: book a DOUBLE room. If you get offered room 6 - LEAVE and stay somewhere else. In fact stay somewh...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ALAHSSA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

the room were very clean very good furniture botek style but the hotel is very small entrance with side desk as reception i would recommend to go to the main hotel Montcalm .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed only for one night, but really enjoyed our stay. Hotal in a excellent location. The room was very modern, clean and staff very helpful. Will be definitely staying there again with in London.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I travel on a weekly basis with work and I must say this hotel was in a great location and the rooms were gorgeous BUT and there is a big BUT I got given a room which was straight next to the reception and front door to the hotel. I arrived at 3pm and there was building work going on both sides of the hotel I was not pre warned about this ! I would never normally moan as I know improvements need to be made but the noise was that loud even with my ipad earphones on the noise was totally unexceptable ! At around 6pm the noise stopped but all I heard was guests arriving at the hotel, staff talking on reception and the reception phone ringing and this was when I was trying to rest. I went to my awards evening and on my return I expected things would have calmed down but yet I still had to use ear plugs to sleep and I could hear the 2 reception staff talking. Then at 7am other guests started arriving and all I could hear was suitcase after suitcase being dragged along the wall and loud voices and then toTop it off at 830am the bagging and sawing noises started again and the car traffic noise was crazy ! Possibly the worst night sleep ever ! Please do not except the room next to reception as you will regret it ....Its such a shame as the rooms and located were great !

Room Tip: Never choose the room next to reception
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Shaftesbury Suites London Marble Arch? Share your experiences!