“Disappointment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Petrus

Petrus
1 Kinnerton Street | Knightsbridge, London SW1X 8EA, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)
020 7592 1609
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Petrus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 17,048 restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge / South Kensington
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Sean Burbidge is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 NEW

We went for my birthday and had the tasting menu. The ambiance is certainly lacking. There was nothing special about the dining area. The restrooms were equally average. The service was good but we were not blown away by that either. The food was good, as would be expected but fell short of amazing. Having recently been blown away by a lovely restaurant in Rome the bar was set high. Fine dining is a great joy that my husband and I both enjoy. One gripe was when I arrived, at Petrus, there was nowhere to put my handbag, whereas the restaurant in Rome had stools specially for the ladies handbags. However, mid way through our meal we saw another lady being given one of these stools for her handbag. Why was I not offered one? As it happens I managed to hook my bag on the back of my chair. It seems many other ladies before me had also done this as the chair itself was showing signs of wear. All in all the food was good but not excellent, the service also good but not excellent, the interior was bordering on drab as there is no view at all and the decor is passable at best. With coffee we were looking forward to petit fours but instead got a few squares of extremely average chocolate. The waiter was very pleasant and he was raving on about how wonderful it was that the chocolate was presented in a mini chest and that we had a choice of milk or dark. All in all it was a pleasant meal and I suppose that it was so disappointing because I had really been looking forward to it and also because there had been quite a lot of hype surrounding it. It did not live up to the hype. I will not go back out of choice. If friends want to meet there I wouldn't strongly object but I certainly wouldn't suggest it.

• Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 NEW

Was so looking forward to trying new site. Slightly disappointed mainly due to the price. It was definitely not value for money and you are just paying for the name. To put it bluntly, the food was on the stale side and service was over formal. Glad I've been but won't return.

Visited December 2013
London
“Fine dining at its best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 NEW

Go for real treat. Lovely service , not to stuffy. Everything faultless and exquisite. Felt thoroughly pampered and treated like royalty. Decor is amazing too.

Witham, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 NEW

We came for the set lunch menu which is very reasonably priced and the food was delicious. The service was perfect as expected, I look forward to visiting again for the tasting menu!

Malaga, Spain
“Great experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 NEW

We had a really fine lunch here. From the entrance on till the end of our lynch, staff was welcoming, attentive and helpful. The food was exquisite. If I have to say something negative, then it is the styling of the restaurant. Not very cosy in my opinion. A bit blend. But for the rest 5 stars+. We will be back

• Visited June 2014