“Fine dining” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Petrus

Petrus
1 Kinnerton Street | Knightsbridge, London SW1X 8EA, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)
020 7592 1609
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Petrus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 17,944 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge / South Kensington
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Sean Burbidge is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
London, United Kingdom
“Fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was my first experience in a Michelin-starred restaurant and I have to say the food was really up to standards. Yes, it's on the pricey side, with the cheapest option being the lunch menu which we went for. But the food was absolutely delicious. We loved the pork belly carbonara for starter, cod and mussels for main and salted caramel doughnuts for dessert. But not everything was as tasty as these dishes (beetroot terrine or melon salad, for example).

The service was really good and quick and the setting was very stylish. But just be prepared, this is a Michelin-starred restaurant and the service reflects that. I wasn't really comfortable with a waiter coming every few minutes and filling my glass with water, or people looking so pretentious. But that's just me, and I definitely didn't know what to expect. Just don't imagine this is the sort of informal place where you can just have a good meal and a long chat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
Swedish Lakeland, Sweden
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

ent there for a set lunch with my wife. We asked for two alternative dishes and it was no trouble. The food, service and ambiance were excellent. Will definitely go back again

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Park City, Utah
“A Lovely Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was working in London last winter and had heard of this award-winning restaurant but despaired that I could not find a reservation in the evening so I made one for lunch. I was alone in London and knew I would be dining alone--and some restaurants aren't particularly easy when one is a solitary diner. But Petrus was perfect. Plus the menu was divine, and to top it all off the Chef brought the 3 course desert to my table so we could discuss how he concocted such confectionary magic. In the middle of our conversation I realized I was late for a meeting (so lost in time had I become with all the courses) that I had to rush off. The hostess ran out and found me a cab immediately and sent me on my way in a flurry. All in all, truly delightful. Will go again next time I am there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Birthday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We looked at the bad reviews. Not a single criticism in any of them was evident in our lunch for my wife's birthday with friends in any way at all.
Welcoming, attentive, relative to the offering really reasonably priced. Not at all pushy or offish or full of themselves. Really smart restaurant, and of course fab food.
It has to be pretty much about as good as it gets.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southern California
“Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We celebrated our Anniversary at Petrus. The service is formal and you are served by a team of people. The food is generally excellent.
- We had the tasting menu, and particularly enjoyed their scallop preparation and roast duck.
- The ox cheek was our least favorite dish- it was in fact, dry and unimpressive. We recommend the duck instead.

Visited July 2014