“absolutely amazing!!! no wonder it's no1” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Petrus

Petrus
1 Kinnerton Street | Knightsbridge, London SW1X 8EA, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)
020 7592 1609
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Petrus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 16,890 restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge / South Kensington
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Sean Burbidge is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
London, United Kingdom
“absolutely amazing!!! no wonder it's no1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

we went to petrus on 27th Feb for my birthday. I can't describe the experience as it was just phenomenal! the quality of the food was amazing, the presentation was just like a piece of art. we had a set 3 courses meal for £65, and in between we had a lot of complimentary stuff, I was so full that I couldn't finish my desert.

staff were amazing and so friendly, they gave us a lot good recommendation about the food, wine and cheese.

overall I couldn't be more happier, and would definitely go back.

93% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Monaco
“Go at lunch for an affordable taste of true elegant dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Honestly, I had not heard anything about Petrus, but my fiancé calmly informed me that I must have lived under a rock my whole life to not know the awesomeness that is Petrus.

We booked in for a late lunch last Friday, and as fiance was thirty minutes late to greet me, I started with a "fine, i'll have a champagne then" champagne, which was lovely and really set the tone nicely. There are easily as many people on staff as their are guests, all of them waiting silently in the wings, waiting for the exact moment to come refill your wine or mark your table or take away your appetiser plate when it will be non-intrusive. Its service like that which seperates the men from the boys in fine dining.

Food was excellent, as was expected, and for 30GBP for a set-menu lunch, it was incredibly affordable!

I had foie gras and pork belly with black pudding, fiance had carpaccio and turbot. The amuse bouche was an especially excellent mushroom "cappuccino" soup...I don't even like mushrooms, and I would have eaten an entire bowl of that soup. The foie was perfectly cooked, the fish flaky and delicate. Pork belly was good overall, but the "crispy skin" was so thickly cut and so very crisp, i was unable to cut it and therefore unable to eat it....which was disappointing.

Dessert consisted of a chocolate ganache for me, espresso for fiance. Again, well-presented dish with good texture and really high-quality ingredients.

I would definitely go back...though it was "just lunch" for us, this place deserved a special occasion.

sidebar: fiance was most enamored by the rounded-glass wine cellar int he center of the room. It really was spectacular.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“The most amazing meal i have had in my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to Petreus on 21st february for our one year anniversary. I cannot explain how amazing it was. To start with it was more of an experience than just a meal. With so many little tasters in between courses. We had the three course meal for £65 per head. My boyfriend didnt eat any of the starters so they made him a lovely salad as it was the same price with or without the starter. The food was in describable. I cannot fault a single thing. The wine was quite pricey, with the cheapest bottle at £39, so we stayed on sparkling water at £3 per big bottle.
They brought out a lovely extra for our anniversary which was lovely.
The service was second to none. The waiters appeared as if out of nowhere with the food, they were friendly and immpecable. They were really lovely, were forever refilling our glasses for us.
overall the best meal we have ever had, will be so difficult to beat a+

Herts
“I want to go back !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Went to petrus yesterday for my birthday lunch - 2 mins walk of main rd in Knightsbridge, down a charming , quiet rd. a lovely reception shown straight to our table by incredibly attentive staff. We had a set lunch time 5 course taster menu. Starting with a white bean cappuccino, followed by rabbit 4 ways starter, pork belly main , mango sorbet with ginger sponge , then chocolate sphere , with a couple of other treats along the way.....Wife had duck tortellini to start and guinea fowl for main which she loved......food was incredible ,loved the setting , service 2nd to none , would go back at a shot and highly , highly recommend....

A

Bristol, United Kingdom
“All i can say is wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went to petrus as a group of chefs, the experience was second to none, from the moment we arrived we were made to feel like the only ones in the restaurant, although every table was taken. The front of house team are truly amazing, nothing is to much trouble for them!
The food was amazing, with little extras between courses which was fantastic.
We only went yesterday and i am already planning our return visit.
Thank you petrus for making our visit outstanding!