I have never written a review before ad i have done lots of travel. But I couldn't help myself on this hostel! Despise the no locker situation and sharing a bathroom with loads of girls my stay was going ok, until...
I came back from a day trip to find my stuff GONE! Everything cleared out and bed made. Freaking out I went to reception and the man at the desk said "well you should have checked out shouldn't you?" in the most condescending tone you could imagine. Before even CHECKING to see if the hostel had made a mistake, I was made to feel like rubbish. After a 2 second check on an iPad another man goes "oh there was a mistake". He walks off to bring back my stuff while the other man turned to me and said "you have so much stuff, how do you expect to fit it in one bag? You just left it everywhere, all over the floor, it's unacceptable really."
I was in shock! My stuff was neatly packed under the bed when I left that morning. Always making an effort to keep stuff out of the way and when the other man returned, all my stuff was in black rubbish plastic bags. I am still horrified at the poor service, terrible manners and total lack of management skills. The most simple thing to do FIRST was to check their stupid iPad - instead of go through ALL my belongings and shove them (including my laptop and $2,000 camera) into rubbish bags.
Terrible hostel, I will never stay there again. They have no customer service and treat you like rubbish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A London Hostel Providing Cheap Hostel Accommodation in Central LondonThe Hostel 4 Star @ The Piccadilly Guest House is a new, modern, penthouse-style ladies only hostel providing comfortable, cheap hostel beds in Central London.We offer a low cost, safe and convenient hostel accommodation for ladies to stay when visiting London England.Based on the top floor of a modern block on historic Jermyn Street, it is moments from top London attractions, including the West End Theatreland, Piccadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, and Oxford Street.Easily accessible via Piccadilly Circus, Green Park and Leicester Square underground tube stations, and just 15 minutes from Waterloo, Piccadilly Guest House should be your choice when planning a trip to London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, EasyToBook, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Priceline and Venere so you can book your 4 Star Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piccadilly Guest House Hotel London
- 4 Star Hostel London, England