“Perfect Location, Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W London Leicester Square

Save Saved
You added W London Leicester Square to your Saves list
W London Leicester Square
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Wardour Street, London W1D 6QF, England (Leicester Square / Shaftesbury Avenue)   |
Special Price
Get up to 20% off
Ranked #357 of 1,075 hotels in London
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Perfect Location, Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We read some reviews and were concerned about a few things with this hotel. First, the noise, and second the service. Let me assure you the service was excellent. Doormen were outstanding, Bernard at the front desk was outstanding and even gave me a sim card for my phone. The front desk agents were very nice, although I do think they were a bit understaffed (there was often a wait to speak to an agent).

The location couldn't possibly be better. Right in the middle of everything. It is similar to Union or Times square in NYC. The hotel was quirky and cool, which is why we stay at W's. We are an SPG member and were extremely jet lagged. We were upgraded, but told our rooms wouldn't be ready till late in the day and at 1pm we crashed. I asked again at the front desk and the agent must have seen the tired in my eyes, he upgraded us again to a corner room with an adjoining room for the kids. It was spacious and very very nice. He warned us in advance that there could be a noise problem, but the alternative was a smaller room. We took the large room.

The noise. Yes, there is a bar and a small club in the hotel. Rooms on the second floor that are above the bar and club can be noisy. Bar closes at 1am. Club closes at 3-4am, but is only open wed-sat (it closes early on wed). This worked out well for our trip (sun-wed) but even without the club, there was DEFINITELY a noise issue from the bar DJ. Didn't bother me, we were warned, but I could definitely see this being a problem for others. The club is extremely popular, so from a business perspective it doesn't make sense to close it just to make 5-6 rooms happy. They probably make 10x the rack rate on that club every night it's open. That said, its horrible customer service to sell rooms that are noisy not because of the street, but because of you're own club/bar. They did warn us, and I'm sure they sell these rooms last, but still, it seems counter-intuitive. You're a hotel, not a bar/club. Convert the club to something else, or put better soundproofing in. That said...you're staying at a W...it's a cool, hip, young and fun place. I expect some noise...but not a nightclub under my room till 4am.

Lastly, we have two kids and they treated them exceptionally well. I would highly recommend this hotel for families, for couples, for anyone really. It's location is unmatched, and it delivers the "W" brand exceptionally well.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1,055 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have been a platinum SPG member for over 8 years and generally stay at Starwood properties over 100 nights a year. On check in, I was not offered an upgrade not even to a higher floor and when I asked that I at least get a room that was quiet, I was put instead in a room above the nightclub which went to 3am ... loud bass-filled music until 3am! I spoke with both SPG global ambassador and the front desk manager about the less than satisfying stay. The front desk manager informs me that this is Leicester Square so it is like NY's Times Square so it is going to be noisy. Ok ... 2 things. I stay at the W and Westin in Times Square a lot and it is not as noisy and on another note ... this is not street noise, this is YOUR nightclub. It was incredibly condescending. I was also told that no upgrades to suites were available because the hotel was sold out. Interesting ... I was still able to book a room on my iPad while being lied to. I also reminded him that I was NOT requesting a suite upgrade but hey .. considering my loyalty, just a quiet room would have been great. It almost felt like I was being painted the unreasonable American instead of really listening to my perspective. It does not stop here. My sister and I went out for the day and on our return, find the hotel cordoned off. While we stood outside people watching, we see loads of people walk into the hotel. We finally decided to walk in only to be stopped to ask if we are guests there. Racial profiling maybe?? All the others ahead of us were not questioned so my comment to the same manager is, be consistent if you are going to tell me this is for security purposes. If true, stop EVERYONE! We were supposed to stay there for 3 nights but left and moved to another hotel after 1 night. There is more I could share of the less than satisfying experience ... but enough.

Room Tip: No idea is there is a tip to get a better room .. know someone who works there?
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here in June for couple of days. That was my first experience in a W Hotel, and definitely not the last. Generally for me the design or the style of the hotel not essential, although i enjoyed the modern design of the room.
In my opinion the entire experience depends on the staff, how memorable can they make your stay in every single hotel.
During my stay here, I had interaction with several members of the working staff, couple of them to be mentioned Chaz (doorman), Bernard (reception) and Steve (concierge).
I really enjoyed the way they brought their own individual personality through our conversations which made me feel like having a chat with my friend back home. The informal way of approach and type of teasing jokes and witty personality of the concierge made my stay.
Thanks for the fun stay guys. See you next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel was really lovely and everything that we needed.
I booked 2 twin rooms for 4 ladies on our friends hen night after night on the town.
Very clean , spacious , modern rooms.
Service was brilliant too .
Staff couldn't do enough for us.
Would highly recommend & will definately stay again.
Only bug bearer was £4.50 for a latte very expensive just walk outside & grab a costa

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Lancelot111,

WOW!

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience including the comforts of your room. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best and we look forward to your return.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here as part of my birthday weekend.
I'd always walk past the hotel at night when I was in London and it looked amazing.
I managed to grab a fantastic deal online to stay the day before my birthday.

We stepped into absolutely gorgeous foyer and we were greeted by the friendly concierge.
We had placed a note when booking online about wanting a twin room, unfortunately this didn't make it too the hotels information. We were told the hotel was fully booked but they would see what they could do, 5minutes later we had our keys to our twin bedroom.

The room wasn't massive but it had everything you needed and was decorated as beautifully as the foyer.
The bathroom was split behind two separate doors, it was small but it worked, with the sink making up the centre counter in the room.
The detail of the furnishings was 5star. Photography books, pieces of art and even the possibility of having a record player and your choice of vinyls brought to your room.

We ventured to the bar on the 1st floor, again stunning. A wall of plates with photography on (I wanted to purchase them all but alas they no longer sell them).
We tried to find a seat at around 6:30pm but the majority of the seats were reserved. This was the only downside, we had to wait a while for a table to free up, having 80% of your bar reserved so other hotel guests can't sit down is a bit of a pain.
But the waitress was lovely and we had a few delicious cocktails before venturing out into the city.

On return to our room there was some exceptionally loud music coming from outside, after a while I went out to the reception to talk to someone, they came back instantly with ear plugs that worked wonders.

After a very good sleep we got hot drinks ordered to the room in the morning. The service was very quick.

Checkout was a breeze.

If you fancy a very cool and modern hotel right in the middle of it all in London, this is the place for you. It's a stone throw from Covent Garden, Leicester Square and easy to get to all other areas via bus, tube or taxi.

I'm planning to return again on a girls weekend.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Sam H,

WOW!

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

However, your feedback on W Lounge is important to us and I am sorry to hear you had a long wait before you could be seated. We will review each point made to ensure that we maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from a W Hotel.

I hope you will decide to return to W London in the near future, please let me know as I would like to personally oversee your reservation. You can reach me via email coen.vanniersen@whotels.com

Wendover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for two nights. Platinum starwood member, so upgraded to a suite. Very nice. Great view looking over China Town with the new year in full swing. I think slightly overpriced for the hotel it is and there are other W hotels better, but it is definitely such a lively place and right at the heart of it all. Stunning rooms and bathrooms. Bar was very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sandeep B,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience including your room and view. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best and we look forward to your return

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed at the W in Leicester Square with my wife when we traveled to London and I was completely underwhelmed by the hotel. the staff was not very helpful and the service was poor overall. The hotel was dark and dingy not the cool atmosphere I am used to experiencing at the W hotel. I would not stay in this hotel again. Also, due to the location of the hotel it is very busy and very noisy.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mchavez78,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square did not meet the level of expectation that we strive to achieve for each one of our guest.

W is located in the heart of London with Soho’s electric nightlife at our doorstep. We appreciate that this may sometimes affect noise levels. But rest assure we are always looking for ways to improve guest experiences. We value each point made to ensure that we maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from a W Hotel.

I hope you will decide to return to W London in the near future, please let me know as I would like to personally oversee your reservation. You can reach me via email on coen.vanniersen@whotels.com

‘Keep in tune with what’s new and next at W London – Leicester Square’

Been to W London Leicester Square? Share your experiences!