“Great hotel for a short city stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W London Leicester Square

You added W London Leicester Square to your Saves list
W London Leicester Square
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Wardour Street, London W1D 6QF, England (Leicester Square / Shaftesbury Avenue)   |
Special Price
Get 10% off Suites
Ranked #391 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great hotel for a short city stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I really enjoyed spending 3 nights at this hotel but I can’t really imagine spending a whole week since you have the impression to live in a club. The hotel is very trendy and you will only come across young, beautiful and trendy people.
Our room was huge (cool corner room) and very stylish. I had a “coups de coeur” for the bathroom with the huge shower and TV on the wall. Moreover I really appreciated the Bliss products.
The hotel location is just perfect and you can go almost everywhere by feet.
The only disappointed was the breakfast – it was really poor and staying at a W you expect something more.

Room Tip: "Cool corner Room"
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Charlie_Papa84,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay with us at W London – Leicester Square. I am very pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with breakfast. Your feedback is important to us and I will
I will certainly share this with the relevant heads of department to make sure standards are met at all times.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to W London, so please contact me when you plan your next stay, as I would like to oversee your reservation personally. You can reach me via email Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com anytime.

Ian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I booked my sister into this spa for an afternoon and she loved it. It was a belated birthday present and they made her feel very relaxed and at home as well as giving her a free glass of Champagne. Would highly recommend it. The location is perfect as you can step out of the hussle and bussle of the West End.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Chris H

Thank you for sharing your review. I am very pleased to hear you both enjoyed our Rock Afternoon Tea and that you sister enjoyed her relaxing time in our AWAY Spa.

I look forward to your return to W London – Leicester Square.

florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nice size room, but not as clean as one would like (white tile floors showing age, black 70s carpet collecting dirt, etc.). Awkward reception area (ends up requiring double or triple-tipping of bellman), less than friendly reception staff. In vicinity of good shopping and restaurants, but immediate vicinity is noisy, overrun with tourists (think Times Square).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Lewisjp,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square was not to your expectation.

As we pride ourselves in setting high standards in cleanliness. Your comment on this subject is important to us and I will certainly be sharing this with the relevant department to ensure standards are met at all times.

I would like to welcome you back to W London, so please let me know when you plan your next stay, as I would like to oversee your reservation personally. You can reach me via email on Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com

Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

i'm starwood platinum , and i stay 100++ nights in hotels around the world.
it was my second time at this hotel , loved this hotel design , and the vibes on the evenings at the bar.
i would like to mention Christian Nikles, Director of Rooms, W London Leicester Square, highest level of service , that makes you want to come again and again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear EyalS,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback following your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square. I am very pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay with us and evening in our W Lounge. Thank you for your kind words on Christian Nikles, Director of Rooms. You will be pleased to know that he has been promoted and has relocated to Brussels. However, I will certainly share your feedback with him and my entire team.

I hope to see you again soon.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just back from my first trip to London. The W does not disappoint. The rooms are small (Europe in general does not have large rooms) but innovative. Location is fantastic and close to the tube. Oddities: 1. Very dark hallways. I think this was for "effect", but I'd rather be able to see down the hall. 2. Sink is in the middle of the room. Innovative way to try and save space, but not conducive for storing toiletries or trying to use the desk area. 3. Gym is on the 6th floor. Beware of 5th floor rooms.

Room Tip: Gym is on the 6th floor. We did hear noise from it staying on the 5th.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Joe343,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to W London – Leicester Square again. Please let me know when you plan your next stay, as I would like to oversee your reservation personally. You can reach me via email on Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com anytime.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Location of W London is unbeatable. It stands right at Leicester Sqyare where surrounds with plenty of shops and restaurants opened til late at night, The nearest tube stations are either Leicester Square or Picaddily Circus both take abbout a nice and short 10 minutes walk. The road condition between the tube stations and the hotel is also easy to walk with luggage. Even in the late evening, I felt pretty safe to walk around the area.

I got to the hotel when my room was not ready yet. The person at front desk who explained the situation and stored my luggage for me was friendly and efficient. I could not find my receipt for the luggage after I came back in the evening but they managed to locate it and the bell person delivered it to my room within only a short wait. Concierge was knowledgeable but could be more attentive. I had a parcel delivered to the hotel but I did not get any notice until I asked. I'm curious if the SPA was not owned by the hotel due to I called Whatever/Whenever service to ask the operation hour of the sauna and steam room in the morning but the person did not have any idea about it. I had to go to the other floor with bathrobe and found it was still closed.

The size of the room was decent with very cool and chic interior design. The king size bed was extremely comfortable and provided me good quality sleep. I did not wake up even once in the middle of the night and almost refused to wake up every morning. The working desk is also part of the sink and vanity which makes it dangerous to put any electronics on it and is a bit inconvenient if you have to work. There is no water boiler or coffee maker in the room. It is recommended to bring your own tooth brush, tooth paste and in door slippers since I did not see them anywhere in the room. It was expectable since most of the hotels try to go green this era. I don't know if the hotel would charge or not if you need any of them since I did not request any of the items.

Overall I had a very good experience at W London and would definitely recommend to people who enjoy the cool disco concept, chic room and convenient location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear ICBLR,

Thank you sharing your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square in particular the comforts of your room.

Your note on my team is greatly appreciated and I will certainly share this with the relevant managers to ensure standards are met at all times. Our AWAY Spa, this is managed by the hotel and is open every daily from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM. I apologise if this was not explained to you at the time. Thank you for your feedback on the design of the vanity units. These were designed with the approval of health and safety.

I hope to see you returning to W London – Leicester Square. Please let me know when you plan your next stay, as I would like to personally oversee your reservation. You can reach me via email on Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com

Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Let me premise this by saying that I've stayed at W properties all over the world and have always considered Ws as a safe "go to" option.

When I first checked in, I was pissed. I had to call Whatever Whenever b/c I thought my room didn't come with a bathroom. Come to find out, the bathroom is hidden INSIDE the mirrored closet. Lol. The size of the room is slightly bigger than a dorm room (think NYC), but they did manage to fit in a desk, sink, toilet, closet, seating area, big screen, mini bar and a king-sized bed. How, I have no idea...

So, after about 3-days I've grown accustomed to my little space. The shower, although "in" a closet, isn't that bad and the service has been spot on, wifi is fast, cocktails are yummy, you're in a great location, and I return to an immaculate room every evening. Oh, and the gym is exquisite.

Downside: Really noisy, but you can ask to be placed in a quieter part of the hotel. Amenities weren't stocked. I had to ask for a bunch of things, which they brought up quickly, but still. The curtains also don't block out light so it gets bright at like 6AM. The whole separate Ground vs. Reception floor is awkward to me and such a hassle (design fail).

Like some of the other reviewers mentioned, it's probably best for vacationers who want to party. You're like smack dab in the middle of club/bar/theater district. I would probably stay here again, but i'd also be down to try something else...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Michele W,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay with us W London Leicester Square. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay.

However, I was sorry to hear the amenity was not replenished. I have shared your feedback with the relevant manager to ensure standards are met at all times. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

I hope we do see you return to W London – Leicester Square. Please let me know if you do so as I will be happy to oversee your reservation. You can reach me via email on Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com anytime.

Ian

Been to W London Leicester Square? Share your experiences!