“Fabulous W Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W London Leicester Square

You added W London Leicester Square to your Saves list
W London Leicester Square
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Wardour Street, London W1D 6QF, England (Leicester Square / Shaftesbury Avenue)   |
Special Price
Get 10% off Suites
Ranked #389 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Boston, MA
“Fabulous W Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The location can't be beat if you are looking to stay in the heart of the city. The property is modern, sleek and everything I've come to expect from a W experience. Beyond the physical structure with all the little extras that make a hotel stay that much more pleasant, the staff are first rate. I truly felt that each staff member appreciated my presence and my business at their hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear FrequenFlyer047

What a wonderful review to read. Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and it makes me really happy to see that my team exceeded your expectations on numerous occasions.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to W London soon.

Warm Regards
Ian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I will start by saying that I'm a big fan of W hotels generally. I have a very high status with Starwood (Sheraton/Westin/St. Regis/etc.) hotels - which always means that I consider this brand first of all. I was in London on business, familiar with many other options (including Meridien, St. Regis, Marriott, Hilton) and really wanted to see if W would live up to its name.

W is meant to signify style, trend and "kitsch" to its extreme - some properties have flat-screen monitors on the elevator walls, ceilings, floor AND insdie-doors...

It all starts off very well - Leicester square is a very trendy London address - where all the movie-stars come to, on the border of Soho - and the hotel has successfully captured this atmosphere with their massive, glitzy "W", with often queues of people waiting to be let into the hotel bar. You will definitely feel special, simply being allowed to jump the line and go right up to check in.

The hotel itself cannot be faulted, altough compared to other W hotels it might disappoint, feeling unspectacular. Check-in is very fast and efficient, but misses some of the glamour of other W properties. The rooms are small and might disappoint. They are certainly on par with rooms of other hotels, but I feel, fail to capture the essence of the W brand. They are, though, very trendy and fashionable, if not all that spacious.

I even ate in the restaurant, which I also found to be very good, but not fantastic. Although the bar certainly does live up to the hype... I also found the gym/spa to be just a tiny bit disappointing - it doesn't just feel sypecial and relaxing enough - changing areas are just too small.

This is certainly a great hotel - with wonderful staff and many great features - I think I'm only being over-critical when comparing it to other W-Hotels. It has a great location, great facilities - just bear in mind you are in Soho - so think of it as having a 4-hour time difference. Breakfast at 10am is truly desserted...(!)

Room Tip: Do avoid the lower floors - Soho just keeps going until the early hours...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear SPG_JJ

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London Leicester Square. I am very happy to note that overall you had a pleasant experience with us.

I read your points about the design element of W London, and the duality of London and the British culture has been captured in the overall design of the hotel. I am very sorry that it did not live up to your expectations having stayed in other W Hotels.

I would very much like to discuss your constructive feedback personally on a one to one basis. If you would like to take this opportunity please contact me directly. Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com.

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a night in the W London. We were greeted somewhat frostily by the man front desk, and this feeling remained for the duration of our stay. The rooms are so modern that they are completely soulless and uncomfortable, as well as impractical. It's not ideal for romantic breaks and definitely NOT family friendly. As well as being ridiculously overpriced, it is impossible to feel at home in this ultra-5 star, slightly creepy hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up are less noisy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Minnie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent feedback on your stay at W London Leicester Square. I would like to apologise that we did not exceed your expectations on this visit.

I am sorry that the service levels were not what I would expect from our team. I will be investigating this and continuing further training within these teams to ensure they are raised to the high standard which we expect at W London.

I am also sorry that the design of the rooms was not more to your liking. We did have them designed to maximise space with the comfort of the guest in mind. But I realise that it is not to everyone’s liking and I am sorry for this.

If you would like to discuss anything further I would be happy to do this personally. If so please contact me directly on: ian.ciappara@whotels.com.

Warm Regards
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed in Room 734 with a corner view of Chinatown. It was chic and sophisticated with colors of black, gold, siilver and red. There was creative use of recessed fluorescent lighting in the room and bath. The room contained a king bed and chaise.

Upon check-in the clerk very politely informed us that we had booked a room that was not suitable for sharing with our teenage son, but she immediately provided a solution. She offered an upgraded room at a reasonable increased rate of 50 GBP which had a chaise or enough room for a portable bed. When we saw the size of the chaise we decided that the portable bed was not necessary.

The bedding was so comfortable. Three three of us slept very well. The bath had shower only with both spray and overhead rain shower. We made use of the gym on the 6th floor.

As we were about to leave after a two night stay we found that there was a small disco area in the lounge. It would probably be lots of fun.

We left on Christmas day. There were virtually no choices for breakfast, but the hotel staff was very accommodating in providing us with a lovely buffet. They could not have been more kind.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again on my next visit to London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here on the 9th Feb 2013, what can I say… beautiful hotel, very model and stylish with a touch of elegance. The bar is very nice and great for a either a quick drink or somewhere to spend the night and party.. I’ve heard allot of good things about Wild Bar in the hotel but wasn’t able to go unfortunately.
I was to propose to my girlfriend that day in London and wanted the room to be extra special for when we got back to the hotel, so I spoke to Nicola who working in the hotel known as the ‘Insider’ for ideas on making our stay extra special. She was absolutely amazing and provided some great ideas which she executed down to a tee, my fav touch was having our personal mixologist in our room making some amazing cocktails! Also Nicola managed to upgrade us to the WOW suite which was absolutely amazing and managed to book us at very short notice at the Novikov restaurant which was also great. We had breakfast at the Spice Market restaurant at the hotel which was also nice.
I’d recommend this hotel if you want to treat the misses and to wow her you should defiantly ask for the Insider (Nicola).

Room Tip: Contact the hotel and ask for the Insider (Nicola) she'll be able to advise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sikh,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am so happy to hear that you chose our hotel for such a special occasion.

I am delighted to hear that Nicola looked after you in true W spirit and that you enjoyed our Wow suite. Our W Insiders do work very hard on the Wow experience element and I will be sure to pass these comments on.

It is also great to hear that you enjoyed some of our fabulous cocktails.

I hope you return to W London to stay with us very soon.

Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Took 6 yr old daughter on first trip to London during half term this week - thought we'd do it in style so she gets an inkling on why I'm always going on about the need to work hard so you can afford nice things - and booked the W.
From moment our taxi drew up we were impressed - this is a proper 5 star and deserves its rating!
YES, uber chic and dark moody lighting; great rooms with quirky 'hidden' shower and loo; but not standoffish cool from staff - they were positively warm and friendly and couldn't do enough for us! Everyone lovely, but of particular note were Chris and Adam on the door - thank you boys.
Location was great for us - steps away from Chinatown (useful for Wonkey Wong Kei's!) moments from Piccadilly Circus and a short walk from Hamley's (very welcome when you're carrying that much swag!)
[Issues raised by previous Reviewers like traffic noise and nightclub noise were not noticed by us - and we were only on 4th floor]

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear MadameBrutale,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am happy to hear that you had a lovely experience here with your daughter.

It is great that you are introducing her to the W brand very early in life.

I hope that you will continue to come here together in the years to come.

Wakefield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Once again, I was lucky enough to have another business trip to London, and had my choice of Hotels. I've stayed at the W Leicester Square about 5 times now, and the place always makes me smile!
The staff is warm, welcoming and accommodating, the rooms are sooooo cooooollll!....the neighborhood is so interesting, with Chinatown and Soho right there! (Love Soho and the nightlife :-D )
David, who manages the bar and nightclub, recognized me (it'd been at least 6 or 7 months!) and made me feel like I was a regular - he's the best and deserves a raise!
Thanks, everyone at the W, I look forward to seeing you again soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mark,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am so pleased to hear that you love being one of our regular guests.

I am glad to hear that David made sure that you were well looked after and I will happily pass on your kind comments. He will no doubt be delighted to hear them.

We will certainly be looking forward to your return.

Ian

Been to W London Leicester Square? Share your experiences!