“Terrific Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W London Leicester Square

You added W London Leicester Square to your Saves list
W London Leicester Square
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Wardour Street, London W1D 6QF, England (Leicester Square / Shaftesbury Avenue)   |
Special Price
Get 10% off Suites
Ranked #389 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Wakefield, Massachusetts
“Terrific Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed twice at this hotel, with a trip to Italy in between. The first stay was business related - the second was vacation and paid for using my Starwood points, and there was no difference in the way I was treated or the quality of the experience. In fact, I was welcomed back, having been remembered by several of the staff.
The hotel is very cool and interesting - from the quirky yet comfortable rooms to the very hip and happening night club. The reception staff was very accomodating, suggesting I use the spa facilities to wash up after my overnight flight from Boston, since my room wasn't ready at that early hour.
Several other stand-outs I'd like to mention - Jess at the concierge desk was very helpful and professional; Vilvin Sabu always had a smile on her face and helped me maneuver through the crowds at Wyld; and David, the club manager is friendly, generous and fun!
I can't wait for my next trip to London!!

Room Tip: I heard that the noise from the club can be distracting; during my first visit, I was on the 7th flo...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
DenneDempsey, Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Mark,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester square. I am really pleased to hear that you had such a great stay with us.

It is really encouraging to know that we are getting it right as the team are working very hard to make sure every guest is made to feel special.

We hope to see you very soon!

Christian Nikles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011 via mobile

Loved it. Soundproof rooms in the heart of Leicester square. Shower is the best. Awesome check in service. Ruben was too kind. Wish there are more people like him at other W's.

• Stayed October 2011
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Dear Shefpat,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

I will certainly pass your message on to Ruben and he will be delighted to hear it.

See you soon,
Kevin.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I had been researching this hotel for a very long time. We were on a special trip and wanted to make sure it was the right place to stay. Based on the research I liked the style and cool factor that is has and still do. But based on the reviews and pictures of the hotel I guess my expectations had been set to high based on reality.

Strengths:
* Has a cool factor with the decor if you are open to modern design.
* Very good location to a lot of places to see and visit.
* Sent amenity gift for my wife and I for our annivesary.

Opportunities:
* Check in process took longer than expected and was kind of lied to. I was really wanting to get in the Wow Suite. I was told by W staff member hotel was sold out and the room was not available. I am SPG Platinum but i was using points. I understand it could be different if I was paying vs. points but i was lied to. Once i was on Wi-Fi I checked and room was available during our stay.
* Noise from ground level was loud at least the side we were on until at least 1am.
* Service when making request for room or about area. Several times was told would be called back and was not. Had to call again to follow up.
* This one is good and bad. We left an item in the room and never got a call that it was there. I called and asked if they found and they did email back to say they did. I was expecting them to reach out to me first vs. me having to contact them. I do have to say the communcation since has been very good.
* I would have liked more info on how to use the room and where things are. For example, we didn't realize there were no power outlets in the bathroom (corner suite). The hair dryer is above the safe? The key has to be left in the outlet to turn on most of the lights?? This was a few items and some I should have learned based on prior comments.

Overall it is a very cool hotel but I just had higher expectations based on what they promised and some of the prior reivews.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher room and get a full explanation of what ever room you get so you know where item...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Snj,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations on this occasion.

All of our Platinum SPG guests are highly valued at W London and we offer some special features as part of our Platinum SPG programme. However, to clarify, SPG Platinum members are eligible for Standard Suites which include the Cool Corner and the Studio Suites, anything else is not part of this programme. I hope this helps clarify the situation further for you.

I have also taken on board the points which you raised about instructions in the room and I will certainly look into this with my team.

On a more positive note, I am very happy to hear that you had a lovely anniversary whilst here.

I hope we can welcome you back to W London again in future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

The W hotel experience was everything I was hoping for; stylish, cool, hip and inviting. What made the experience over the top was Josh Brown, head concierge who rescued our birthday dinner plans with amazing and perfect results. The hotel is centally located; we walked everywhere and loved ending our evenings at the stylish lounge with beautiful surroundings and comfy window seats to sip your cocktail and savour your experience. Can't wait to return!

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hi Wendy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I am so pleased to hear that you had a fabulous time with us on your trip.

I’m very happy to hear that Josh looked after you and that you had a lovely birthday enjoying our delicious cocktails.

See you next time.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

If you want to sleep Thursday-Sunday before 3 am don't stay at the "W". Not the typical experience of a W hotel. A great place for young folks that want to party all night. The staff were young but the quality of service was very good. Also very interesting room and bathroom set up. Great location in the city.

Room Tip: 7th floor on the opposite side of hotel away from Wardour Street.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear Luanee,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It’s nice to hear that you appreciate that we are not a traditional hotel and that you enjoyed our friendly staff and experienced good service levels.

We hope to welcome you back to W London again soon.

madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011 via mobile

Modern, stylish and in the middle of the action. Expensive but worth the price.

• Stayed September 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

This is the best hotel in London without doubt and I visit a lot owning my own head hunting company recruiting within the 5* hotel market within London. Exquisite is a word I rarely use, however exquisite is the only word that comes to mind in describing this hotel. I would like to point out that This hotel is not a client of mine but never the less I would proudly say without a doubt that it is something special, not just a great London hotel but holds its own on a global level - World Class!!!!! I want to highlight in particular the Service from Arian (Ari) and Ania who were simply fabulous and went beyond any call of duty to help me and My party in particular Ari who organised a car early hours in the peak of the a Saturday night out in west end as if we were royalty. I am very hard to please admittedly and often find it easy to compare hotels to something better somewhere else I’ve stayed. Not this time I was blown away by whole experience in particular the service. This hotel really is W for WOW!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Hi Damien,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. It is so nice to receive such high praise from you.

I am very glad to hear that you were well looked after by our Welcome Ambassadors. I will be sure to pass on all your comments to Ari and he will certainly over the moon to hear this.

See you next visit.

Kevin Rockey

Been to W London Leicester Square? Share your experiences!