“A nice treat.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sanook Spa

Sanook Spa
19-21 Great Marlborough Street | Courthouse Hotel, London W1F 7HL, England (Soho)
+44 20 7297 5563
Attraction Details
London, United Kingdom
“A nice treat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I booked the spa through a Groupon deal for a friends birthday. I had read the reviews on Trip advisor. I wasn't expecting a 5* spa,but our massages were very good. Given by Cerys and Jo.
It was a very pleasant few hours. It is on the small side,but we were lucky to be the only ones there at the time. The spa most probably needs a little up dating.Our towels and gowns were laundered and our slippers new. We were very pleased.

Visited October 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Spa treatments at Sanook”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Felt in need of a treat so booked a couple of treatments - one for an eyebrow shape and tint plus lashes and eye recovery and one a 45 minute massage focussing on a very knotty back. I was looked after brilliantly by Jo for both treatments. It is rare to get exactly the pressure you ask for with a back massage but she took trouble to find out what pressure I wanted (very firm!!) and delivered exactly what was needed. I shall defintely be going again - especially as it was extremly good value for the West End.

Visited November 2012
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

A friend and i booked this to celebrate her birthday. We booked the travelzoo deal, inc 60 min treatment and afternoon tea.
I had natallie do a fantastic full body massage, thank you natallie ! Not rushed, perfect pressure, very relaxing. To improve, make room slightly warmer and a nice smelling candle would be an extra touch.
Afternoon tea was lovely, especially the scones !
Ok spa area very small, but a massage and tea in london make this fantastic value for money ! - We will return.

Visited June 2012
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Great Relaxing Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had booked for 6 people but one of my party had to cancel last minute so there was 5 of us who went to the spa in the end. We booked through Travelzoo (deal included a 60 min massage and afternoon tea) and cannot say enough how how good value this deal was. The comments below reflect the general opinion of my entire party.

The spa itself is very nice, albeit small but they've really used the limited space they have well. The pool, which others have made negative comments about, we all thought was lovely. You can't go wrong when you have the whole pool and other facilities all to yourselves! Its dimly lit with soft lighting and a nice depth to be able to relax and unwind in. The spa provide you with ample magazines and water bottles while there which is handy. The only thing lacking was a jacuzzi (although the need for this is somewhat diminished because the pool itself is so inviting and relaxing) and a larger changing room with more showers.

The massage itself was superb! My massuese Jo was brilliant. Not sure why the other reviewers found the massages lacking in anyway as the masseuse asks you from the outset what type of pressure you would like and if, like myself, you're not sure you can ask her to try a couple before you start so you can decide. I went for medium-hard all over but hard on my back neck and shoulders which was ideal for me. Half of my party had another masseuse and half of us had Jo and everyone was very happy with their massages.

All in all a great day out and for the price you can't fault it. Anything more should surely require that you PAY more!

Visited April 2012
BeckyBT
“Relaxing afternoon with Great Massage”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

After reading through the other reviews the day before we were due to go I was very worried about what to expect. I too had booked through Travelzoo for the massage for 2 people and the afternoon tea. It was a great deal just £89 for 2 people to have a 60 minute massage each and then afternoon tea in the Carnaby restaurant afterwards.

We arrived about 90 minutes before our treatment time to use the spa facilities. It is small and if there are anyone than 4 people then it would be a squeeze but we were lucky enough to have the whole place to ourselves most of the time and it was lovely. We had a quick swim, a sauna and then relaxed in the chill out room with our books. There are two loungers in the chill out room which overhangs the pool and a selection of magazines to enjoy. Overall the spa facilities are a little tired but all functional and ideal to waste away an hour.

We then went for our massages with Jo and Natalie who were wonderful and very welcoming. These girls are new to Sanook so ignore the other reviews which say the staff and treatments are substandard. We both opted for the 60 minute swedish massage and were treated side by side in a lovely treatment room which was dimly lit with candles and relaxing music...the massage was amazing and we walked out of the room feeling completely chilled out and relaxed.

The afternoon tea in the Carnaby restaurant was a lovely way to finish our afternoon.

Overall I think the travelzoo deal was good value for money...you are paying for the massage and afternoon tea not the spa facilities so look at these as a bonus!!

Visited April 2012