“Just amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London

You added Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London to your Saves list
Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   354 Queenstown Road, London SW8 4AE, England (Clapham / Battersea )   |
Ranked #129 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Just amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at the Pestana while working over in Vauxhall - I don't usually stay here as it's a good long walk from my office, but was pleasantly surprised by the decor, room and the staff.

Upon arrival, I was hot and bothered - the guy on reception offered assistance with my bags (1 rucksack and 1 sportsbag so I declined), checked me in and was happy and chatty.

The room was the nicest and cleanest I've been in for a while (there have been a LOT) - the bathroom was amazing and the whole experience was great. I HAD to try the chaise longue too - first room I've been in with one :)

I only ate there at breakfast, but that was a clean, sane and friendly affair with very attentive staff and very good coffee.

Checkout was another nice, sane affair.

It's a pleasant walk from the tube station and a short walk out has great views of Chelsea bridge and power station - it's a nice 40 minute walk from Trafalgar square mostly along the riverside too.

My expenses covered this trip, but what we paid for for this hotel it was worth it despite how far it was from my office.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was a nice experience, I went there with my girlfriend to stay for one night, the pool was closed when we arrived which was annoying but the room was nice. The only negatives would be the annoying flickering of the blue light we had in our room as it wouldn't let me leave the mood lighting on for over a minute or two. We ordered room service, it was delicious, lovely food with prices for what you would expect. Approx £55 for two people steak and salad and desert to share with bottle of water. (Which was free as we asked for tap water but they didn't do it so the staff gave it to us for free) The bed was not amazingly comfortable if I'm honest, not what you would expect of a £250 a night hotel in Chelsea. The staff were great, the food was great, the air conditioning didn't work in our room but I was too tired to complain, overall experience wasn't worth what I paid for.

I also contacted the hotel via email prior booking and asked if hey could arrange anything special for me and my long distance girlfriends reunion, I had a confirmation reply but nothing more and upon arrival nothing was acknowledged in my booking or anything.

We used the pool in the morning and rushed out by 11am. The pool is lovely, we had it all to ourselves which made it great and had a spa feel.

To sum up, nice but didn't get my money's worth. Was frustrated that I didn't get an email reply, however nice pool. Nice atmosphere and an okay location, but annoying to walk by foot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here for our 5th wedding Anniversary. We had a wonderful stay the hotel is clean and welcoming the staff was kind and helpful. The spa was smaller than i thought but clean and very relaxing. All round was a very pleasant place to stay,
We will defiantly come back and stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had a recent 5 day stay. We booked a twin room with an extra bed. When we arrived the room was not ready. When the extra bed arrived it was literally dumped in the most awkward place in the room. We had to request that it be moved. There was dust on light fittings and bed side tables. We requested that our room be serviced every day but it was only done once automatically. On the other occasions we had to ask for towels, sugar, etc when we returned each evening and found ourselves being passed from reception to housekeeping. The attitude of the staff we came into contact with left a lot to be desired. We made a formal complaint whilst we were there - to no avail. Very disappointed. The corridor we stayed on was incredibly noisy with banging doors throughout the night so no chance of a good night’s sleep. The wifi access was disappointing as guests only get free wifi in the lobby, not in bedrooms. This was no way near the experience you would expect from a 4 star hotel. Would not stay here again and would not recommend it to others.

Haverthwaite, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Clean, excellent swimming pool and the attendant was superb in her customer service skills, rooms delightful and would recommend staying here, but, use booking .com or similar for good room deals. Nothing was a problem for any of the staff, the breakfast buffets were again superb and the choices fantastic.

Room Tip: we had a room facing Battersea powerm station, we adored it and took many photos of this iconic buil...
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We popped into the hotel to feed the kids some lunch before going onto Battersea Park (opposite) so we can't comment on the accommodation. We looked at the restaurant but it was very formal and pricey. We ordered a sharing platter of Mediterranean & middle eastern 'mezze' amongst other light bites and were very pleasantly surprised at the authenticity and flavours. The staff were efficient and pleasant and the cost for a family of four including drinks from the bar was a very palatable £55.

leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I happen to like Pestana hotels and this one did not disappoint. The room was a good size, well-designed, stylish and relatively quiet. Breakfast was pretty good, and one evening meal when we entertained a friend was also good - but personally I wish there'd been more Portuguese dishes in this Portuguese-run hotel! You can get a bus less than five minutes walk from the hotel which will take you to Sloane Square or King's Road in 10 minutes, and in fact you can get very regular direct buses to Oxford Street or the Albert Hall (and far beyond). Take a stroll across the road into Battersea Park and walk along the Thames. What negatives? I slept well each night but my wife was woken once or twice by doors closing heavily. Walking on our corridor in this no-smoking hotel we seemed to catch a whiff of nicotine from one or two closed rooms, which wouldn't be a surprise since there were usually plenty of young guys smoking on the front terrace. Well - it was London in August and the city was heaving, and I'd rather go back out of season.

Room Tip: Even numbers face west, towards the front courtyard, and you might get road noise if the window was...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London? Share your experiences!