“Very nice, slightly expensive, solo guest for one night only.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London

You added Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London to your Saves list
Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   354 Queenstown Road, London SW8 4AE, England (Clapham / Battersea )   |
Ranked #128 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Very nice, slightly expensive, solo guest for one night only.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed for one night only as I was taking part in the London to Brighton bike ride the following day. The hotel was clean, staff extremely helpful. The room was spacious, nice bathroom and bed was extremely comfortable and big. The only minus was that the pool, sauna and steam room closed at 9pm and as I arrived later in the day it would have been good if it had stayed open until 11pm or 12am. Great breakfast buffet in the morning. Slightly expensive though. If money is not an issue, highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in mid June. Primarily, it was a surprise treat for her as she had recently had so much extra on her plate after I became partially incapacitated due to a broken collar bone. Pestana Chelsea Bridge did not disappoint. The room was very comfortable (although the exercise bike a little unnecessary) and the swimming pool / sauna / steam room an added, if underused by us, bonus, making up for not having breakfast included. The location suited us perfectly as our daughters both lived about 20 minutes away, admittedly in opposite directions. The area is wonderful too. Battersea (South Chelsea?) is an up and coming area and the park itself is lovely - whether to just stroll around in, or to join the numerous runners or skateboarders. If only it had a nearby tube station! The weekend was a great success and earnt many brownie points!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
North Yorkshire, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights on business so expenses paid, which is relevant to what I'm going to say.
The good things first. The hotel is tastefully decorated and the finishing is first class. There were some nice touches in my room (I was upgraded to a suite, presumably because I was on business and they hoped I'd want to come back) such as an espresso machine and TV in the en-suite bathroom.
That said I wasn't impressed by my reception where there was an issue about who was going to pay, the company or me. Fair enough if they don't have an authorisation to debit a company card then there has to be some guarantee of payment but there was no willingness to make any enquiry. The room was pleasant enough but with a view of (pretty derelict) Battersea power station I begrudge £182 per night, even with someone else paying, just for somewhere to sleep. Breakfast was an eye-watering £18.50, which I refused on the basis that if I ate enough to justify the cost I wouldn't move for a week. The final insult on the costs front was the charge for wi-fi, ranging from £5 per hour to £15 per day. In this day and age how can this be justified? The two terminals in reception that were the free alternative were too public and unreliable to be usable for business. The hotel claims to have a gym, which was nothing more than a few fitness machines and minor weights in a bedroom; the pool is ok for a splash but nothing more.
I did nothing at this place other than sleep. My exercise was in Battersea Park across the road and my Starbucks breakfast was £2.50. I will not allow the company to waste its money there again and my view of this hotel is that it is for people who need to spend more money than is necessary because it makes them feel good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I loved staying in this hotel this Valentine's Day. The place is a real treat for anyone. Beautiful bedroom and although small, the spa is quite special. If you want a touch of class and a special treat, I think this place is ideal. I would definitely like to go back there and seriously hope that my partner treats me again soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Popped to London to celebrate my daughter's promotion and hubby's birthday - the hotel was right next door to her flat and opposite Battersey Park -which is lovely to walk through. The hotel was lovely, fresh, friendly, lovely breakfasts (I asked for something different and there was no problem at all). Even the bar prices (for London) were very reasonable. Bed very comfortable and everything you could ask for in the room with friendly maid and porter service I could not fault. I would stay there anytime I was in London, bus to Sloan Square (10 minutes) and you're just about in the center of everything. Get an Oyster card as soon as you get to London - very handy and makes travel much cheaper

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed on business for 3 nights. The hotel was ideally located for our access to Battersea Park and surrounding area, the staff made our stay very pleasurable. We ate off of the bar menu the first night and the food ( pizza and salad ) was very acceptable, Miguel our bar server was a really nice guy who couldn't have done any more for us.
The basement spa was also very pleasant with pool, steam room, and sauna.
The gym was a disappointment, very small for the size of hotel....best of luck if you can find it...floor 2 it is in effect one of the rooms converted in to a gym !!!!???
The taxi system at this hotel is also a bit of a mess !!!!!! We had problems getting cabs in the morning with staff trying to hail down cabs for us !!!!
WARNING only take the London Black Cabs from this hotel,they have meters, the private cabs dont and are ripping off un- suspecting tourists and guests with double and larger fares....we got burnt on day one....you have been warned.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We booked through Secret Escapes and stayed for two nights - Saturday and Sunday. The hotel was much better than we had expected. Staff courteous and pleasant, room spacious, quiet with a kind size bed which was very comfortable.
Breakfast was excellent - refreshed constantly and with something for everyone. Extremely enjoyable.
We didn't use the pool or spa but if we stayed again, I would definately bring my cossie. There were loungers in a chill out area by the pool, and with the dimmed lighting, it looked a very inviting area to chill out.
The location may deter some people but it was perfect for us as my son lives close by and we met for a picnic in battersea park which is across the road from the hotel.
I am not a connoisseur of London hotels but we felt the pestana hit the spot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pestana_Chelsea, General Manager at Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and I’m pleased your stay here ‘ticked all the boxes for you’. Our location is actually one of our best kept secrets as it can be a little misleading when we appear on the ‘south’ side of Chelsea Bridge, however, we have extremely convenient connections to central London and many of the most popular tourist destinations, either by bus (literally outside the hotel), or from Victoria and Sloane Square tube stations. We hope on your next stay you will have the opportunity to explore the neighbourhood a little more and thank you for your valuable support.

Arturo Esposito, General Manager.

Been to Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London? Share your experiences!