Where to start!! This hotel is absolutely AMAZING!! I'm quite hard to please when staying in hotels as i'm a clean freak and a good bathroom is a must. The first thing i alway check upon arrival in every hotel is the cleanliness of the bathroom and the quality of the bedding......5 stars for both accounts!!! Plus there was mood lighting throughout the room, funky blue lights in the bathroom and a very relaxing orange glow from behing the window's netting.
My fiance booked this hotel as a birthday treat for me, i like luxury and am a fan of the Chelsea area so thats why he booked this particular hotel. Upon arrival it's obvious no expense had been spared on the look of every area, reception, bar and even the seating outside the entrance all ouse luxury and class. Check in was prompt and staff were very welcoming.
As i said previously the rooms are nothing short of fantastic. We had a deluxe king room on the 8th floor overlooking Battersea Power Station and the railway. After reading reviews on here i was immediately terrified that we would have an uncomfortable nights sleep and to be honest this ruined the excitement of how wonderful EVERYTHING else was. I didn't even fully appreciate the view of the river, The London Eye, Big Ben, The Shard and St Paul's, which is fantastic!!! My partner was going to call and ask if we could have a room facing Battersea Park instead by i decided to just stay where we were as the room was so incredible and we were settled in.
We spent much of the day/evening in London so upon returning with aching feet and feeling the cold all i wanted was a bath......spectacular!! Although no bubble bath (which is usually an essential for me to be able to enjoy a bath) this was the most relaxing bath i have ever taken. The back slopes down so you can very comfortably lay in it without any ackwardness of how to position your head (you know what i mean!!)
The robes were just what i needed after the gorgeous bath and i can safely say this was THE best nights sleep i've ever had in any hotel. The bed and pillows were super comfortable and the linen smelt so fresh. This is a very important point i need to stress; THERE IS VIRTUALLY NO NOISE FROM THE RAILWAY/POWER STATION!!!! I was aware at first of a slight beeping and with the negative reviews on here in mind i though 'im never gona sleep this is awful' IT REALLY WASNT!!!!
Please don't let the reviews sway your mind, i cannot speak for the lower floors, however on the 8th floor it was no issue (during the day you can hear the trains every now and then but they arent so loud to cause any innconvenience)
Following a very peaceful night it was difficult getting out of bed, just too comfy! But we got dressed for breakfast, which was included in the deal my partner booker. BEST BREAKFAST!! When you look at the prces listed in the menu you do think it's a bit pricy, but well worth every penny. We had a fry up and as it's buffet style you can pile up as much as you wish. As we sat down a waiter immediately brough over a rack of toast for us (thats the attention they pay to their customers) so we didnt have to wait for toast before we could eat, it was there in a flash. When we took the last slice from the rack they immediately offered us more!!
And i hate how every establishment serve orange juice in such tiny glasses, but here the refilled our glasses 3 times! They cannot do enough for you.
After breakfast we went to the spa, a lovely pool for swimming lengths again with mood lighting, the steam room was perfect, not too overpowering, a small but perfectly temperate sauna and a relaxation area. If only we didnt have to check out at 11am i'd have stayed here all day!!! A fantastic way to start the day. Returning to our room i HAD to try the shower...blissful!
I was exceptionally sad to have to leave. Although it is quite an early check out of 11am before we could even enquire they asked if we wished to store any luggage for collection later. As we had some shopping to do this was very helpful.
Another negative people are pointing out on here is the distance to the closest Underground station. Sloane Square Underground is only about a mile away, and on a nice sunny day it's a very nice walk through Chelsea. It only takes about 15 mins to walk and very easy to get to but if you wish the buses are very regular, and obviously included on your travelcard. From the hotel to the station you get either the 137 or 452 bus which drops you almost right outside the tube, from the tube we took a left and walked down Holbein Place at the end of this road you join Pimlico Road, turn right, cross the street and take the next left Chelsea Bridge Road, which is the main road running past the Royal Chelsea Hospital and onto Chelsea Bridge. The hotel is just across the bridge. Almost immediately after turning onto Chelsea Bridge Road you see a bus stop and again the 137 or 452 take you almost to the doorstep of the hotel. VERY SIMPLE!!
All in all i hope people ignore the neagtives listed on here from other reviewers of the distance from the tube and the noise from the railway and power station. In my experience neither was even a point to mention let alone anything to ruin your stay.
I CANNOT WAIT to return to this hotel, the decor in the room was so impressive and modern i didn't want to come home! We are already planning a return visit and i highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone :-) Enjoy your stay, it's amazing!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel and Spa is a 4 star hotel in Chelsea, London, servicing both the business and leisure traveler. The hotel is ideally located in the prestigious development of Chelsea Bridge Wharf, one of the most affluent and fashionable new developments in Chelsea. Alongside the banks of the Thames River and close to one of London’s original public parks, the Battersea Park, with spectacular gardens and lakes ideal for outdoor relaxation and entertainment. Its location makes it one of the best hotels in London offering guests the convenience of the City Center atmosphere, combined with a tranquil and scenic setting. The hotel in Chelsea Bridge offers 216 spacious and modern air-conditioned rooms above average in size for luxury hotel rooms in London. Guest comforts include an LCD TV and iPod docking station, private bathrooms with separate bath and shower facilities and tea/coffee making service. An expertly designer Spa offers the very best in spa and beauty therapy including an indoor heated pool, sauna and steam room with a relaxation area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel And Spa London
- Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London England