“Fantastic room with a view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London

Save Saved
You added Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London to your Saves list
Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   354 Queenstown Road, London SW8 4AE, England (Clapham / Battersea )   |
Ranked #121 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Fantastic room with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a 1 night stay and loved every minute of it. Upon arrival we were upgraded to the 1 bed suite on the 11th floor. The suite was simply amazing- lounge, bedroom, shower room, bathroom and little kitchen area. Huge balcony area with great views over Battersea Park. The bed was a super king with lovely bedding. The en suite bathroom had a tv overlooking the bath- pure indulgence. The room was like a dream. The pool is at the bottom of the hotel- good pool, sauna and steam room. Wasn't too busy when we were there so nice experience. Dinner and breakfast were good and all the staff were very helpful. An amazing stay in a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel twice over the last two weeks whilst working nearby. The staff were very friendly, the hotel well appointed and the rooms very comfortable, The food was good though a little on the pricy side, and there is a discretionary service charge added to food and drink to watch for. All in all though very satisfied.

Room Tip: Try to get a rear room if you want to see BAttersea Power station, the Eye, the Shard, big ben and S...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I only had a one night stay for a business trip but will now use this hotel as first choice. Great first impressions from check in staff - friendly and helpful. The room was excellent with a very very comfy bed and also very quiet - a major plus in a London hotel! Large bathroom with separate rain shower and bath. The bathrobe actually fitted which is a first as they are usually made for giants! Transport easy - bus stop nearby with short bus journey to Sloane sq to pick up tube, Only slight niggle is the complicated log in for free wifi which never worked for me but it was not a major requirement. Overall a great place to stay for either business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Quiet room on upper floors. The rooms with view overlook the railway and view not very picturesque!
North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

what a great hotel, stopped here a few times now and been excellent on every occasion! Rooms were super, excellent leisure facility, great staff. I really can't critice this hotel, I've stayed all over the UK and London and this is right there at the top!

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was here for a 3 day conference with a lot of international colleagues so we really needed wifi for our phones and laptops. Unfortunately it was a real pain for most people trying to use the wifi because of their complex pay wall. Even with the passwords I spend an hour every morning trying to get in.

If they want to be a business hotel... Pestana should absolutely have easy access open wifi.

• Stayed January 2013
pershore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

arrived on a very wet Saturday earlier than check in time. Receptionist was very helpful and found out nour room was already ready for us so we checked in early. The hotel is bright and and modern with contemporary decor.
Room was comfortable with a fairly spacious bathroom with funkly mood lighting.

The buffet breakfast was plentiful with choices suitable for most tastes from healthy cereal and fruit to ham and cheese and a full English breakfast. Juice tea or coffee and toast was plentiful.

Situated in what will become a developed area of Battersea ( opposite the Park) it has a view of the Disused Battersea Power Station but this does not detract from the Hotel.

It is a fair walk to Sloane Square but cheap to get on a bus which you can pick up just a two minute walk from the hotel.
It will cost you about £15 one way to the Play house theatre - fairly central and close to Whitehall if you go by Taxi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Pestana for business reasons on the night of Thursday 17th January 2013.
Having tralled in excess of 350 miles that day i was looking forward to arriving at the hotel and simply relaxing.
Due to the unfortunate Helicopter crash, i arrived in London to find multiple diversions in place and horrendous traffic. I arrived late having made a 1.5 hour journey last 4 hours.
I had booked 2 rooms at the Pestana, one for my company Director and one for myself, my Director having arrived way before me.
I was very pleased to find that the parking facilities were right beside the hotel, with plenty of spaces and (for £20 per night) very reasonable priced for London Central.
Feeling that this easy parking was setting me up to unwind for the evening i optomistically headed to reception. My ensuing relaxed feeling did not last long.
On arrival at reception i was greeted professionally and politely and given a key to room 405, on the fourth floor obviously, so i made my way to the elevators and headed to the room. The room has a key-card entry system that you just have to hold in front of the door. I presented my key to the door, only to find that, in response, i got a red light and a beeping noise. I tried the handle, re-checked my details to confirm i was at the right room and tried again. still the door wouldn't open. I asked a passing porter who very kindly offered to go to reception for me and fetch a key that worked.
When he returned with a new key i noticed, before trying the door again, a noise coming from the room that sounded like a shower running. The porter put his ear to the door and confirmed my suspicions, the room was occupied already.
I then had to go back down to reception and tell them i needed another room. I had been at the hotel for about 30 minutes by this time and was really quite tired.
The man on reception apologised, explained that his 'system' showed the room as vacant but instead gave me the key to room 415. I made my way upstairs, AGAIN, and tried the key to room 415, which this time worked.
I let myself in the room and was greeted with someone elses possesions already in the room. I recognised the coat to belong to my Director. They had given me a key to his room.
I had had enough by now and returned back to reception, yet again. The guy on reception couldn't grasp that he had already allocated the room to my director and asked me if we were sharing!! Best i don't print my response.
I was given yet another key to yet another room (407) and returned upstairs yet again, this time to find a room unoccupied.
I was offerred a beer as compensation which i feel doesn't really go far enough for the inconvenience suffered, the potential embarrasment of actually walking in on someone already in their room (or worse, in the shower) and the sheer task of getting myself successfully checked into my room.
I must point out that my room was at the back of the hotel overlooking the railway lines. I noticed other people have complained about the noise but, to be fair, i hardly noticed any noise from passing trains and i was only on the fourth floor.
Other point to make was that, despite my phone having full signal and 3G showing, i couldn't access any internet. It was as though the hotel had found some way of blocking the signal so you had to purchase their WiFi but maybe this is just coincidence and i am being too cynical.
I was not going to bother writing a review on trip advisor, instead opting to e-mail the hotel direct and give them a chance to apologise. I am now writing a review as i have had no reply or even had a response to my complaint.
P.S. The breakfast is a huge price to pay so i chose not to.

Room Tip: try to get a room at the front of the building as the back overlooks the railay lines.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London? Share your experiences!