“A beautiful hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London

You added Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London to your Saves list
Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   354 Queenstown Road, London SW8 4AE, England (Clapham / Battersea )   |
Ranked #128 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A beautiful hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My partner and I stayed in this hotel from the 25/08/12-26/08/12 (one night). I booked this for my partner's birthday and we had a truly enjoyable stay, and were sad to be leaving after only one night!
STAFF/CUSTOMER SERVICE: On the whole the staff were pleasant and helpful, and all had a professional attitude. When we first arrived at the check-in desk, the receptionist asked us whether we would like to add breakfast to our stay (despite the fact that I had paid for a package which includes breakfast). After I explained this to the member of staff he soon confirmed that we had in fact already paid for breakfast. The woman working in the Spa was very friendly and helpful, and during breakfast the next morning we received pleasant service from all of the staff.
BREAKFAST: The breakfast buffet had a great variety of foods to choose from, all of which we tried was of a good standard.
SPA/POOL: We did not have any spa treatments due to the short duration of our stay, however the pool, sauna and steam room were excellent. The room for all of these facilities was very relaxing and romantic, and during the quiet hours (early morning and late afternoon) it was a perfect place to unwind after a busy day of shopping in the city centre.
OUR ROOM: The room we were given was incredibly spacious and very modern. There was an exercise bike in the corner of our room, an iPod docking station, TV and a big sofa which added a really luxurious feel to the room. We had both a bath and a shower in the bathroom which was a lovely quality, and there were two choices of lighting which we felt added a special touch to the room. The bed was also very comfortable and we heard no sound from the train station nearby.
I was very satisfied with the quality of this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. I would recommend this hotel for couples and friends seeking a few days of relaxation, however be aware that the hotel is a 10 minute walk from the nearest tube station (Battersea Park).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very big room for London. Contemporary. The noise from the railway lines did not bother us due to very good sound insulation. Good value for money. However nearest tube station is well over a mile away

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I hadn't heard of this place before doing a search of London hotels for a weekend break, but it was a fantastic choice. Just south of the Thames, by Chelsea Bridge and across from Battersea Park - with Battersea Power Station right next door on the other side - it is in a prime location. The rooms on the higher floors also offer views out to the London Eye and Westminster, St Paul's and the new Shard skyscraper, as well as the river.
We booked two rooms, to take my mother-in-law and her husband to the Smoke for a birthday trip, and they loved this hotel. It has a very stylish exterior, with outside seating, and the lobby, bar and restaurant areas are full of modern, smart furniture and decor. The same can be said for the rooms, which are particularly trendy, with eye-catching art-work dotted around, along with white leather sofas and - in the 'club' rooms, an exercise bike, of all things!
I asked for an upgrade for my mother-in-law and her husband, as it was her birthday, and Pedro at reception managed to make it happen, without charge. He was very helpful. In effect, the 'club' rooms only offer the bike and the improved view when compared to the standard rooms, but the phrase 'complimentary upgrade' always goes down well and keeps the guests happy!
In terms of the hotel facilities, we didn't have a chance to use the gym, spa and pool, which was a pity. My wife and I ordered room service which was of a high standard and as we just shared one dish, they waived the usual tray charge - another impressive touch. When we ordered coffees in the lobby bar they were extremely expensive, but that is a London issue, not a problem just restricted to this hotel.
The hotel is right next to a busy train track, so especially if you are on a lower floor on that side, it is best to keep the (double-glazed) windows closed and use the air-con to cool the room, to keep out the noise. But we didn't find that a major hassle. In fact, the proximity of two train stations, with services to Victoria and Waterloo, was another of the positive aspects of this place.
Overall, for the reasonable price we were extremely impressed and would stay there again if needing a base in central London.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Battersea Park side are quieter, but rooms on the other side have better views - take y...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Went to london for aniversary whilst there my boyfriend proposed. no faults with hotel. great service tasty food gorgeous rooms :) staff really helpful. bus stop right outside complex go to kensington victoria and other places. battersea park just across the road nice to walk around hand in hand

• Stayed September 2012
Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Excellent rooms, really clean and modern and great value. Hotel has a nice feel and looks great. Private car park right next door for £20 a night and we didn't have to enter the congestion charging zone. Would definitely stay again.

Would have awarded a five star excellent, just a little irritated by a few customer service incidents; when I'm checking in and have to wait for the receptionist to finish a long telephone call recommending an external restaurant, please don't then answer the phone whilst trying to check me in. The receptionist proceeded to ask if I wanted to prepay for breakfast the next day and forgot to charge this to me (may have been distracted by the phone?). The next day, after thinking I had prepaid, I was challenged whilst eating and said there must be some mistake. After some further discussion, the waitress didn't get to the bottom of what had happened and made me feel that I was being a pain in the backside. Not a great attitude. I had to go to the front desk to sort out as the attitude of the waitress was causing embarrassment to me at my table. All was sorted. Upon departure, I wasn't asked if I had enjoyed my stay. Disappointed by these issues as a lot of the other reviews say how good the staff are whereas I was a little irritated and disappointed by what I experienced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Marburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Kind and attentive service. The rooms are quite big compared to many other hotels in London. The cleanness of the rooms was without complaint. From the hotel you can reach Victoria Station /Underground within a ten minutes walk or by bus/train close to the hotel. The Battersea Park is right is just in front of the hotel entrance and invites for footing or walking.
On the back side of the hotel pass the trains to Victoria, in case of west wind direction the planes to London Heathrow approach in some hundret meters above the hotel, with closed windows this was not a problem to us, but might be to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Third visit and nothing has changed. It still is a wonderful guest experience from the front door to the staff, bedrooms are by far the best four star rooms in London. Need I say more. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London? Share your experiences!