This hotel is situated just on the south side of the Chelsea Bridge with frequent buses to take you over to the north side where you can pick up another bus or tube train to take you into the tourist areas. It wouldn't be an ideal location if you wanted to visit the City or the east end of London. We travelled all around London by bus, which is great for sightseeing but a bit slow during busy times. Next time, we might look for somewhere a bit more central as it was a bit too far to bother to go back to the hotel between our daytime activities and a meal and show in the evening. It would be different if you were prepared to pay for taxis (approx £20-25 to Liverpool St station for example).
The Pestana hotel is well appointed with a simple modern style and clean. We had a lovely room on the 9th floor. I think we may have been upgraded as this floor had a sign saying 'Executive Rooms' whereas I didn't see any similar signs on the floors below. Our room was large with a 6 foot bed, plenty of storage space and a long comfy white leather sofa under the window. The bathroom had both a shower and a bath.
The only downside for me was that the mattress was too firm for my ageing hips. After the first night, on request, the hotel put a mattress topper (possibly a quilt) under the bottom sheet which helped. My husband had no problem, so don't let this put you off unless you suffer with the same problems as me.
There are two computers near the reception desk for customers' use and free wifi in the lobby area, but not in the room.
Breakfast (£15/head) is buffet style with a reasonable but not extensive selection of hot and cold dishes. For example, you can have scrambled eggs, but I didn't see any option for alternatives such as boiled or poached eggs. You pay extra if you want an omelette or pancakes. The fresh orange juice is lovely, but avoid asking for grapefruit juice as it's made from concentrate - they said it wasn't popular enough to stock it fresh. Having said this, we had a more than adequate breakfast each day with sufficient choice.
The staff were consistently friendly and helpful. For example, the doorman offered us umbrellas when it was raining.
I would recommend this hotel if the location is suitable for your needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel and Spa is a 4 star hotel in Chelsea, London, servicing both the business and leisure traveler. The hotel is ideally located in the prestigious development of Chelsea Bridge Wharf, one of the most affluent and fashionable new developments in Chelsea. Alongside the banks of the Thames River and close to one of London’s original public parks, the Battersea Park, with spectacular gardens and lakes ideal for outdoor relaxation and entertainment. Its location makes it one of the best hotels in London offering guests the convenience of the City Center atmosphere, combined with a tranquil and scenic setting. The hotel in Chelsea Bridge offers 216 spacious and modern air-conditioned rooms above average in size for luxury hotel rooms in London. Guest comforts include an LCD TV and iPod docking station, private bathrooms with separate bath and shower facilities and tea/coffee making service. An expertly designer Spa offers the very best in spa and beauty therapy including an indoor heated pool, sauna and steam room with a relaxation area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel And Spa London
- Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London England