“Best London Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

You added Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7UT, England (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersGold level
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
“Best London Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I took my partner to this hotel for the weekend as we have never had the budget to stay in a hotel that close to Westminster and tourist attractions, we was a little worried that we would feel out of place as its a more "upper class" hotel but as soon as we walked into the hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful with check in. we stayed in room 588 a studio room and it was beautiful, the room was very clean and there were no damages to the room, we had a few problems attempting to work the appliances in room but we called reception and they walked us through it all and was very helpful. I was also worried about being woken up in the morning by the light as floor to ceiling windows were adjacent to the bed however the black out blinds were brilliant we actually ended up oversleeping out alarms by 2 hours because the comfy bed, blackout blinds and easily controlled fan air con made it a really good nights sleep. we had breakfast sent to our room the following morning which was the only disappointment of the stay because my partner is a vegetarian so didn't put down sausages and bacon yet both of these were on her plate therefore she only ate the continental breakfast selection but we didn't complain because there was enough of the other food and meant i got more bacon. As the attractions are so close to hotel we went out for the day and on our return our hotel was clean, the bed was made and the shampoos,coffee etc were all filled. I looked on the TV to view the bill and there was a mini bar drink added to our bill of which we didn't drink therefore we went down the reception to clear the problem up and a member of staff called Myles was extremely helpful sorting it out and helping up understand the bill, the rest of the stay was brilliant including the pool and spa which was lovely and clean. when we went to check out we used the express check out and was confused as to whether to put the key cards in the envelope or to hand them into reception but Myles came over and once again was very helpful and took them all for us so we could leave straight away, He made our stay very pleasant and easy with how helpful he was. not once did we feel out of place or of a "lower class" which has resulted in me and my partner now planning on returning once a month for the foreseeable future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear AmyRobinson47,

Thank you for your amazing detailed review and for choosing our hotel for your stay.

We are delighted that you enjoyed a warm welcome and our hotel.

I’m sorry to note that you received breakfast items that you had not requested, I have shared your comments with our Room Service Manager, thank you for your feedback.

My team and I are delighted to be you number one choice when visiting London in the future, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Don’t forget to join our rewards program, Club Carlson, you could earn points for use towards for future stays as well as other great benefits.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,539)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Lower your prices! this is far too high to tempt guests to book for longer.
Location is excellent. More seating could be introduced in the reception area for those waiting to be booked-in, including people of mature age who cannot stand for very long.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your review John R.

We offer the Best Online Rate Guaranteed, subject to terms and conditions, via the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website. Do register to receive our newsletter and you will be kept up to date with any offers and promotions.

We have additional seating in Primo Bar, just to the left of the escalators as well as at Guest Relations (opposite Reception).

Thank you.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Located strategically at the Thames River bank. Just few steps to London Eye, Westminster, Big Ben and Waterloo station.

Front desk staff were not too friendly, may be we are ASIAN.

Nevertheless, the Concierge staff were helpful and fantastic.

Breakfast buffet is good enough with lots of variety.

Overall it is value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear SemanthaChong,

Thank you for your review, however I must address your comment regarding alleged discrimination.

I would like to assure you that none of our team members are discriminatory in any way. We pride ourselves on welcoming all our guests, this is our business and it would be of no advantage to us to discriminate in any way. I am sorry that the welcome was not our usual warm welcome and I have shared your comments with our Reception Manger as this is not the impression we want any of our guests to have.

I am pleased that our Concierge team proved helpful and assisted you.

I’m pleased you enjoyed great value for money and hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Goshen, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Staying at this Hotel was the Crown Jewel of our summer vacation. The second we walked in the door, weary from travel, we were made to feel so welcome, as they grabbed every stitch of luggage from our hands and whisked us speedily through checkin and then sat us down with our tour company representative. Our tour company erroneously booked us a room with two single beds, which the hotel immediately rectified. The hotel is right at the foot of Westminster Bridge with an excellent view of the London Eye and Big Ben. They have an excellent, helpful concierge staff. The rooms are spacious, modern, and very clean. Our lodging included a sumptuous daily breakfast. We will positively stay here again on our next london trip.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the view of Big Ben
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your great review for our hotel RowenaandDavid and for adding another 5* review for our hotel.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

This is a huge tourist hotel that is really conveniently located near many landmarks and attractions. If you are in town to do that, this is good choice.

This is *not* a business hotel. If you are coming to London for business, avoid this property. It is crawling with families and it does not cater to the business traveler as a default.

Also if you decide to stay here, do not pre-pay through an Amex travel etc. The front desk is a processing function, they will not upgrade you, give you options to go to a bigger room etc.

We are staying three in a studio room. Okay for a night. Not three. I understand there are bigger and better rooms, they are probably quite worth the added expense. Also go for iconic views if you can get them, lovely as I understand.

I will update my review at the end of my stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review LiveDave, I hope you had a chance to update your review.

Not sure what happened at c/in but regardless of payment type, upgrades are subject to availability and guests are not penalised as Amex users.

We encourage all guests to review our room types via the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website, where it clearly states the various room types and room rate accordingly. As you can imagine with over 1,000 bedrooms, not all room have that amazing iconic view. For an iconic view you will need to select Studio iconic view or One Bedroom iconic view.

It is our pleasure to welcome both business travellers and leisure/families guests to our hotel, however, during half term or the summer holidays obviously there may be an increase in families visiting as they enjoy the holidays together.

Thank you.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stay at this hotel around 40-50 nights per year when visiting London, so have got to know it pretty well.

It's well located for Westminster Tube plus Waterloo tube and railway station. Close to the London Eye, The Houses of Parliament and the River Thames, so excellent if you are a tourist and wanting to be within walking distance of the West End of London (10-15 mins to Piccadilly by foot by a scenic walk).

The rooms are very comfortable and of a good size with a modern design. Beds have nice linen, bathrooms a good size with bath and shower plus decent towels. I always look to get an outside facing room, rather than atrium facing. The rooms are well insulated against outside noise, have a/c, a mini-bar, sink and tea/coffee facilties plus good TV and channels. Wi-fi is free upon registration throughout the hotel.

I've also had one of the suites on the upper floors which had amazing views of The Shard (rear view of the hotel). If you get a front facing Big Ben view it will be a special treat for your stay.

Breakfast is plentiful with a good choice for all tastes. Adesegun and Bianca in the restaurant are always helpful and give a big helpful smile and both deserve a special mention for their positive attitude and welcome for regular guests, always going the extra mile.

The hotel has a nice sushi bar, plus coffee shop. I have dined in the restaurant, where food quality was also very good. The bar can get busy, especially if there is a large conference on, it also offers entertainment on many nights.

The hotel has a pool (which is often used for mother/baby swimming lessons on weekday mornings), a sauna and steam room. There is also a gym (which I haven't used). Staff are helpful and friendly in the spa.

My only continuing niggle is the check-in process, the hotel is aware of this and has looked to try and improve the process. I think they should put a roped area in front of the desk for people to queue as often there is confusion as to which desk to approach. However, this is a minor point and should not influence your decision to stay.

I think tourists and business travellers will find the hotel very acceptable in terms of comfort, location and cost.

Room Tip: Ask for one exterior facing room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Philby37,

Thank you for your detailed review and for your continued loyalty, sound like you have enjoyed some of our different room types.

We’re pleased you found our team friendly and welcoming throughout the hotel and thank you for your kind words for Adesegun and Bianca.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Having never been to London I was a bit stumped on what location would be best. Boy am I glad I went with my gut and picked the Park Plaza. We had a tremendous view of Big Ben and the Parliament building from our room, and getting there by foot couldn't be easier.

The staff at the hotel were tremendously kind, especially the concierges who helped us secure some last minute reservations at Gordan Ramsey's restaurant Petrus. Nes and Ivo at the hotels lobby bar were terrific, very professional and personable.

I had to take a star off due to the service in the lounge area of the lobby bar was a bit slow but I chalk that up to them being understaffed while we were there. Also, the housekeepers only seemed to make the bed and drop off fresh towels but did no other picking up.

All in all, I would certainly stay at the Park Plaza the next time I visit London.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and recommendation NYGiants4xChamps and for your kind words for Nes and Ivo.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London? Share your experiences!