“Posh and central” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

You added Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7UT, England (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersGold level
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Posh and central”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed for 4 days. amazing central location. a bit expensive but then again its now and again its a real treat.food is good and so are the staff - helpful and courteous.
rooms are good size given the central location, most london hotels are no bigger than a shoe box

Room Tip: ask for Bin Ben facing rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thanks for your review AnuRo, we're pleased you enjoyed your 4 day stay with us with our helpful team and one of our spacious rooms.

We hope to be able to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,538)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reading PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel is a great launching spot for your trip to London. Quite literally across the bridge is Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament. Waterloo station and the London Eye are in the other direction. Clean, friendly, spacious rooms with staff who are always happy to help you. The food is overpriced but that's true of any hotel anywhere in the world. Pool, Spa, etc if you like spending time in your hotel - we didn't.

The bathrooms are wetroom style and the AC/Heat worked VERY well.

They tout their view but paying extra for a "view room" is up to you - we didn't - although it is pretty nice.

Whether travelling for business or leisure I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms without the great view are quieter and still offer plenty of light.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your great 5 star review kaw19602.

Our location is hard to beat and I’m pleased you found our team members able to compliment our location by providing a great experience.

As you’ve noted, we have a number of room types, starting with our entry level rooms which is the Superior category which have no external views, for an external view its Studio or for an iconic view its Studio Iconic or One Bedroom Suite Iconic.

Thank you for your recommendation.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Our third visit to this modern hotel which has the best location. A five minutes walk to either Westminster or Waterloo tube stations. Lot-shirts of attractions within a short walk. Rooms are a good size, clean and contemporary. Breakfast is way too expensive £25 per person however this is only a small negative. Atrium rooms offer a different aspect, ours had a view of big Ben. Overall mot cheap to stay here you can pick up advance web deals, but most importantly is the location is pretty unbeatable!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and continued loyalty sellersalian. I do hope you are a Club Carlson member as you could be earning points towards future stays as well as other great benefits, just visit the Club Carlson website to register.

As you’ve noted, we have some great Advance Saver rates, subject to terms and conditions, via the Park Plaza Westminster website.

Thanks once again for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

If you love fabulously situated, enormous, busy and slightly impersonal hotels (and I do) then the Westminster Plaza is for you. The views from almost every vantage point are amazing! I stayed one night for business but was very impressed. I often visit london with my family and will definitely stay here next time. The whole place is enormous and I did have a little difficulty finding my meeting room initially. When I did it was locked (I was very early having flown in) and there was no one around. As it was on the 12th floor I couldn't be bothered to go all the way back to the reception so hung about for 30 mins waiting to be let in to my meeting room. Meeting aside, the rooms are very well appointed and for London are an excellent size. I noted that I had an adjoining room which would be helpful for family stays. The minibar was well stocked, the was a hair dryer, full length mirror and iron and board. The bed was large, very comfortable with great pillows. The bathroom was immaculate and one of the nicest I've seen in a while, it also had a stand alone shower as opposed to an over-bath shower. This was a big win for me as I really dislike over bath showers. The public areas were well staffed throughout, with everyone helpful and friendly - but not obsequious. The hotel has a thriving separate bar and coffee shop, allowing both to be good at what they do. The bar had a real buzz about it - and served as long as you wanted (well certainly until 4am!). The hotel also has a spa and pool etc which I didn't use.
That said I do have some negatives which I have already shared with the hotel. Check in was very busy and rather slow. I would have liked to see more desk staff at that time. The housekeeping staff were a little over zealous. I was initially woken at 8am by housekeeping wanting to ascertain if I'd checked out. They then knocked twice further in an hour (once when I was in the shower) to again check. In hindsight I should have used my 'do not disturb' sign, however it can't be beyond the wit of man to electronically inform housekeeping when guests have left. Finally and rather alarming, the doorman, when asked to get me a cab tried to talk me into getting a cab to LHR rather than Paddington. His reasoning being that there were problems on the Heathrow Express. I found him rather aggressive in his manner and didn't absolutely believe him. I was right not to. There was no Heathrow Express problem. I don't know if they receive some kickback for the higher cab fare or what but I was left feeling pretty uncomfortable about it.
However, that all said, I really like this buzzy, busy hotel and will definitely be back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear AmY209,

Thank you for your detailed review, I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us despite some hiccups.

With regards to the meeting room, without knowing your full details I am unable to comment freely, our usual practice is to have a confirmed arrival time with the meeting organiser to ensure this type of error does not occur, I’m sorry that you had to wait.

I’m pleased you enjoyed one of our spacious rooms and well designed bathroom.

Please allow me to confirm that our Doormen nor any member of our team in no way receive any kickback for hailing or booking taxis or any car service. Without knowing the details of your request I am unable to comment freely but would like to assure that we only have our guests best interest at all times, offering them the relevant information and services available enabling them to make an informed choice.

I am pleased to note that you would return to us for a future visit and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband, 10 year old daughter and I had a two night stay at the hotel recently and were pleasantly surprised by its fantastic position (couple mins' walk to the Eye), polite and accommodating staff, facilities, and well appointed and clean room (king studio with sofa bed). Check-in was quick and first impressions were good. As we were booked in as 'room only' we booked breakfast on arrival and upgraded to the Executive Lounge package which included breakfast, afteroon tea and drinks and canapes in the calm and fabulous setting on the 2nd floor looking out across Westminster Bridge towards Big Ben (relaxing treat at the start and end of a busy day's sight seeing). The spa facilities were good and we made use of the gym and swimming pool (book a time slot for the swimming pool if using it late afternoon/early evening). Check-out was again quick. We would definitely recommend this hotel and will certainly be returning on our next visit to London.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review Ann J, we’re pleased we provided such a wonderful experience for you and your family.

I echo your words regarding the Executive Lounge, what a great treat and value for just £39 per night (2 sharing).

We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have been in this hotel for my birthday. Its a nice hotel with stunning view. My room had london eye view and entered executive lounge during my stay which has parliament building and bigben view. I loved it. I highly recommend it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and recommendation eileencan and for choosing us for your birthday stay

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were very happy with our stay. Excellent location close to several main sites to visit. Clean rooms with very nice bathrooms. It was close to the train station so it was just a 5 minute walk over the Thames. The staff were all very nice and the lobby area is attractive with the changing colors in the lights going up stairs. You can get coffee and pastries right in the lobby which is convenient. Lots of restaurants right in the area so you can go out any time. We will be staying there again the next time we vidit London.

• Stayed November 2012
We’d love to welcome you back on your next visit Juniper25_2000!

Thank you for your review and we hope to serve you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London? Share your experiences!