“Excellent location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

You added Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7UT, England (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel during June 2012. Travelled with my wife and my teenage daughter. We had a very roomy suite at a reasonable price (booked ~ 3 months in advance). The suite had a king bed and a separate room with a sofa. Two TV sets, fridge and a small sink. Good quality breakfast. The hotel has an ideal location: just across the Big Ben and Westminster. Plenty of restaurants in the walking distance along the Thames banks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your review GoguBoston, glad you enjoyed your time with us last year and hope we’ll see you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,539)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Whenever I come to London, I always stay in Park Plaza Westiminster. I really like the location, quality of services and generous staff. Especially Mr. Reshu at the Breakfast center is very humble, polite and professional. It is staff like Reshu that makes a great Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you Vineet1979 for posting another 5 star review for our hotel and your kinds words for Reshu.

We are delighted you enjoy our hotel and hospitality and look forward to your next visit.

I do hope you are a Club Carlson member as you could be earning points towards future stays and other great benefits, join now at the Club Carlson website.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my two adult children we stayed in a studio room which is on the exterior of the hotel. I think many of the rooms don't have windows to the outside. I think all studio rooms do but check. The location is perfect for access to many of the key tourist locations.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your review Carync6, I’m pleased you and your family enjoyed your time with us.

You are right, our Studio rooms all have external facing views, however, for an iconic view you would need to select a Studio Iconic or 1 bed room suite Iconic view.

Worcester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a well oiled huge machine of a hotel, which reading other reviews evidently occasionally hiccups. It did absolutely nothing wrong for me, but it's size and scale could feel impersonal. If you want modern stylish accomodation, in an enviable location in London for business or tourism, this is hard to fault. You pay a lot, you should get a lot. I did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you WanderingBlue, I’m delighted there were no hiccups during your stay!

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Wolverhampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Fantastic location on the South Bank near Westminster bridge so lots of choice for food and entertainment.
I used my Carlson points so was disappointed with the allocated room. Room was close to the lifts so you could hear them in the night and it faced inwards so there was no daylight and the room was dark. If I had to pay then I would have been extremely disappointed.
Breakfast staff not welcoming and made it very clear what I could and could not eat for the continental breakfast which is a first - personally I think cold meats/cheese are part of a continental breakfast. Choice of fresh fruit limited; more tinned than fresh.

Room Tip: Make sure the room is on the outside of the building if you want to see daylight - but looking at ot...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear HIllbee,

Thank you for your review.

For your next visit please do review our room types on the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website, also, please note on the Club Carlson website the necessary points required for the various room types. For and external facing view you’ll need to select Studio and for and iconic view, it’s Studio Iconic.

I’m sorry to note your poor breakfast experience and that you did not see our selection of both fresh and tinned fruit. I have shared your comments our Breakfast Manager to ensure this is not repeated.

Thank you and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Chelmsford, Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

First impressions count and to start a stay with a hotel and be met with rude and incompetent check-in staff is unprofessional. I was told that the room was no longer available and shown some pictures of a twin room (I had booked a double king) and then a disabled room. Then I was asked to prove that I had made the booking, thankfully as this was a business stay I had proof.

Compare this treatment to my recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel in Whitehall a hotel I can wholly recommend with great professional staff, sumptuous public areas and superb rooms.

The room at the Park Plaza when I got it, was very gloomy as it was located in the atrium and despite the fact the window was opaque it was quite disconcerting to have guests wander past the window. Liked the mood lighting, hated the full lighting – that was rather harsh. Good well-equipped bathroom the bedroom had a very comfortable bed but lousy pillows, worn out and no pillow protector – yuk! The air-conditioning was broken but I was attending an Award Ceremony in the hotel and had no time to make staff aware, I am sure they would have replaced the pillows and fixed the air-con.

Public areas where nice and spacious and you have a beautiful view of the Houses of Parliament and the River Thames from some rooms (I would imagine) Interesting to experience the business facilities, they were good, the food was good at the event and well-served. As the evening progressed my vodka and tonic appeared to missing the er vodka, but that could be down to busy staff.

Overall like the staff – a bit miserable – and a bit gloomy like a lot of the hotel, but the breakfast, though busy, was good and we did win 4 Awards at the ceremony held in the Ballroom

Room Tip: Stay away from Atrium rooms, they are gloomy and guests wander past your window
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear CreativeRadioUK,

Thank you for your review, however, I am of course disappointed by some of your comments.

As per my messaged dated 5 July 2013, I duly await your booking details so I may investigate fully and respond accordingly, therefore I am unable to comment freely, but apologise if you felt you were treated unfairly.

As you have stated, we were not given the opportunity to rectify the air con or replace your pillows as were not informed but of course would have been more than happy to assist upon notification.

I hope to hear from you soon to be able to fully respond to your comments.

Tumut, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We spent 4 nights here and had asked our travel agent for a room with a view. We could see Big Ben which was fantastic. The room we had was huge, a lounge room with separate bedroom. The rooms are very modern and very clean. There is a bar fridge and plates & cutlery, we picked up some breakfast items and just made our own most mornings. Our bed was very comfy, we arrived about 1am so were very tired and our check in was super quick and efficient which was what we wanted.
We had one night of room service and the meal was very nice, hot was well which is a bonus. We also had breakfast in our room on our last day and it was huge. The prices were surprising good, compared to Australia we thought the prices were very reasonable. We had one afternoon in the bar after a big day of sightseeing the staff were amazing, great drinks and reasonable prices again.
This is a very big hotel and with loads of customers coming and going but you still felt like you were being looked after. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear krush7,

Thank you for posting another 5 star review for our hotel.

We are delighted to have served you and that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London? Share your experiences!