“Excellent Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7UT, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #100 of 1,071 hotels in London
Manorville, New York
“Excellent Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had a room overlooking Big Ben. The sound-proofing must be good as my concerns about being woken up every fifteen minutes never materialized. This is not a cheap hotel, but the room was spacious for London. The restaurant wasn't very exciting, but you are in the center of London so you shouldn't be eating in. The same can be said of the bar. Very sterile; but there are a ton of traditional pubs within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your review JackMor11, glad you enjoyed our location and that Big Ben didn’t keep you up all night!

5,018 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,084)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel is beautiful and central to some major attractions and the tube (metro/subway). The hotel staff is very welcoming and helpful. We were offered to upgrade our room for about 25 pounds a night and it was worth it. They also took Discover/Diners club which is rare in London (this card had not foreign transaction fees). The hotel is very chic and beautifully designed with great views of Big Ben and the House of Parliament. The rooms are very spacious and the beds were super comfy. The bathrooms and shower were also very clean and worked great. The room service which is available 24/7 is really fantastic every time. The food was always great. The hotel also has a great bar/lounge area where you can have breakfast and lunch and dinner with cocktails. The lounge is always pretty full and has music at night themed differently.The also have an amazing French restaurant. Everything we ordered was just delicious. I would def recommend the scallops and macaroon dessert. The cocktails are also pretty darn good. The hotel is walking distance Big Ben, The London Eye, Aquarium, Tate Modern, Westminster Abbey and some fun restaurants. Its also short walk to/from the tube/metro that takes you to Oxford street, Tower Hill/London Tower and many more stops. I also highly recommend doing the Baths, Windsor Castle and Stone Hedge Tour. Its pretty fun and amazing with transportation provided from the hotel and they stop you close back where you can take a taxi or metro back to the hotel. Walk with a rain jacket because it get rainy, comes off and on and sometimes really really windy. Umbrellas don't stand a chance. Other than that, its pretty wonderful hotel with a great staff, food and rooms close to a lot of attractions. Also if you are taking the train to Paris, pack light.

Room Tip: Ask if you can be upgraded for a about 25 pounds extra per night to a room with a living space or if...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you Vtravels5050 for your detailed review.

Glad you enjoyed our amazing location, our comfy beds, a great dining experience in Brasserie Joel and some of our wonderful cocktails in Primo Bar.

I hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stay here when in London on business and its an excellent location for anything connected with Westminster and has easy access to all the tube stations. Also truly fantastic views of the Thames and the bridge at night. Rooms are spacious, quiet and modern. Really the best central London hotel I've stayed at - and there can be some real shockers in London that will cost just as much as the Park Plaza Westminster.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your review Sam P and for giving us such an accolade as the best London hotel!

I hope we can welcome you back again soon and I thank you for your recommendation.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Firstly I admit only travelling here on work, so I didn't pay of it. But I have stayed in a few hotel in the UK and in Europe and am often very disappointed compared to the luxury that would buy in asia. However the Park plaza was different. A pleasant surprise.

Staff were lovely and helpful and efficient. Amazing. The rooms were large though if you want a view avoid the construction site. And for what I thought was a business hotel there were plenty of families which made the place come alive. All too often business only hotels are full of single travellers on their blackberry's chomping on their black coffees and dodgy muesli ,not here. Good breakfast, nice coffee, and some variety, good ambience.

The only negatives but they weren't really negatives, was the lack of natural light in the hotel,and the fact there were only two restaurants. The latter encouraging the a bit of exploration of what is quite a dynamic city.

All good,very happy, would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your review QueenBeeSingapore, glad that you had an enjoyable business trip.

We’re pleased to be able to provide our family guests and business travellers a great atmosphere.

For your next visit, please note we’ve got a great Starbuck-esk cafe called Illy situated on the ground floor. Illy serves a great coffee and offers another option for breakfast, lunch and dinner....definitely have look the next time you’re here, we have various promotions during the week as well as monthly promotions.

Yateley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here at short notice last night due to an emergency eye operation that my husband had at St Thomas'. The staff in the business centre would not help me in any way when I was trying to use the hotel computer to try and book a room and eventually told me there were no rooms available anywhere even though they knew that I was looking for one!
I returned to reception to book a room and was given a good deal thanks to the kindness and proffessionalism of Ali who was so helpful to me at a very difficult time.
We had to have room service as my husband had to lie down and found the food rather tastless apart from the curry. The breakfast this morning was utterly bland, the scrambled eggs were almost white and even the baked beans tasted of nothing! The stuffed mushrooms were greasy and heavy.Why no fresh orange juice or proper coffee?
We were very impressed with the staff and their courtesy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barbara A,

Thank you for your review and I do hope your husband is recovering well.

I’m sorry about the confusion at Guest Services, I have shared your feedback with our Guest Services Manager and I am pleased that li was able to assist you better.

I’m sorry to note you found some of our food tasteless, this is certainly a surprise as we have recently reviewed our Room Service menu and have received positive reviews. However, I have shared your feedback with our Executive Chef.

Thank you once again and I hope we can be of service to you on a more leisurely visit next time.

edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I and our 6 year old son stayed here for 3 nights in February during the Scottish school half term. My husband stays here regularly for business and knows it well. We had a wonderful family room - with a wall separating the lounge area which had a bed settee for our son, so we felt we had some privacy. Very well appointed room - even a little kitchen area with crockery and cutlery so we were able to get some cereal etc and have breakfast in our room without paying £20 per person every day! Super bed linen and a comfy bed settee. A tv in both rooms as well which was great in the mornings for our son.
Good pool -my husband and son went swimming.
Business centre was welcoming, free and actually worked - not always the case. I needed to use it one morning and it was great.
Nice café downstairs near the business centre.
We had drinks and ate in the restaurant bar one evening which was child friendly as well as quite trendy - a real treat. Food was very good, service also very good. It's not cheap (£85 for the 3 of us for main courses and some ice creams) but it's London and the quality was excellent.
I had a divine Balinese massage on Valentine's Day as a treat and it was one of the best I have ever had in the spa - cost £85 but was wonderful.
3 complaints - we had numerous problem with our key card not working, once very late at night when my husband had gone downstairs to complain about the noise. It took numerous attempts to get it working and I didn't hear his call as was asleep.
Secondly - someone was having some sort of party in the room above us and it took far too long for hotel staff to put a stop to this. We had an awful night and felt it was never going to end. It was sorted eventually and we received a letter from the hotel while we were there apologising for the inconvenience and offering us some extra use of a business lounge. A bottle of wine or couple of drinks in the bar might have been nicer!
Thirdly - everywhere is so dark - the corridors and some of the public areas and the lifts and very contemporary but the lighting can be quite off putting.
But - can't fault much about this hotel. It's expensive but worth the money and the location across from Westminster is fabulous. We'll be back as a family again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear SallyEdinburgh,

Thank you for your detailed review, I’m glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

Sorry about the niggles you had with the key and the unfortunate noisy neighbours, Glad we could offer you use of the Executive Lounge as a goodwill gesture. Please note we serve evening drinks in the Executive Lounge or we would have been happy with your alternative suggestion.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed in the park plaza westminster for three nights this weekend just gone. There is no better place to stay if your looking to be in the heart of the city. The hotel was built in 2010 and cost 350million to build. Its a modern contemporary hotel set over 15 floors with another 4 floors below ground.
We stayed in the presidential suite of which there are four. Two are on the thirteenth floor with large balconies and two are on the fourteenth floor with no balconies. We had room 1318 on the thirteenth floor. Out of them all I would say this is the best with regards to view. Im told they are all the same size but haven't seen them to comment. Its a lovely apartment for two adults with two children. If I'm honest its probably a bit more than you need as there is a second sitting room come office which we hardly used. A two bedroom apartment is more than enough unless money is no object. If i wanted to be critical about the room there were a few things i could pick on. The tap on the master en-suite sink was loose. Every time you opened the fridge the freezer door opened with it. The flush gets stuck on now and again in the master bathroom, you need to tap it to stop the water running. The decking needs work as there are bits missing and bits twisted here and there making it look a bit shabby. Lastly some of the furniture is a bit rough around the edges. For the best room in the house you would think they would do there best to keep it looking nice. This is still a lovely room despite the problems, I only mentioned it on checkout to the staff as a way of improvement and not a complaint. As far as value goes the standard rooms are a little over priced as there are other hotels close that are cheaper. But if you want something bigger with views like the presidential suite has then it is very good value.
We opted for the executive lounge package which gives you breakfast snacks and drinks throughout the day. This is well worth having as the English breakfast is over twenty pounds per person so by the time you buy some drinks your quids in. You use your room key to gain access through the executive lounge doors which takes you into a 15 story room with views of big ben. Its nice and quiet and a good place to relax. There was less choice with the breakfast in the executive lounge so for two mornings we went into the breakfast lounge with everyone else. A lot more noisy but worth it if you want beans and hash browns with your breakfast.
The staff were very helpful throughout, the gay guy that takes you in for breakfast was just the best. He was like serge from the art gallery in beverly hills cop. It was the highlight of my day not that I'm that way but its worth staying in the hotel just to meet him.
The down sides i found to the hotel were if your staying in the suites on the top three floors of the hotel and you have paid or the executive lounge you need to take two lifts to get between each other. It was nice to have your own lift to the top floors as there is only 54 rooms you never have to wait but to get to the executive lounge you need to go down to the lobby change lifts and then go up to the first floor. I understand why its like this but think a little more thought at the deign stage might have helped. One thing that did disappoint me was i was not told the pool was out of order for refurbishment when i booked on the phone. I only found this out on arrival to the hotel and having two children with me we had full intentions of using it. Other guests i spoke to in the executive lounge said they had only booked the hotel because it had a pool for there children to find out on arrival it was out of order. I understand maintenance work is an ongoing issue with a building of this size but if you know at the time of booking it is your choice. If its not scheduled work that needs doing due to safety reasons or other then a simple email or form of discount isn't much to ask.
An over and above things they didn't have to do was i mentioned that it was my anniversary when booking the room. On arrival they had left a bottle of wine for us, a large bottle of water for my children and a very nice chocolate cake on a plate with happy anniversary written in chocolate. This as far as I am concerned is a lovely touch, as there are over a thousand rooms and someone took the time to make a note on booking.
I will be returning to the hotel again but may go for a twin suite next time as the rooms are more than big enough and after all you are there to see the city. If you read the bad comments on here as i did before booking most of them are complaints of internal rooms with no light. All i can say to this is don't book a standard room and expect an outside room as someone has to stay in the middle. Pay the extra for an exterior room and you wont be disappointed. Have fun and enjoy your break in London.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel and ask for a cheaper price it worked for me. I got the room for the same price but...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Dr-Clare-Hughes,

Thank you for posting your detailed review. It’s a great read and I’m grateful for all the feedback and praise you have given us.

I’ve duly noted your room number and the room has already been inspected to ensure it is maintained to our high standards.

Regarding breakfast, please at anytime, request any items that may have inadvertently been omitted from the selection and it will be our pleasure to serve you.

You’re spot on regarding our rooms, depending on individual requirements, our 2 bedroom suites is more that suitable and spacious for 2 adults 2 children, and if you’ve got really young ones who can share a sofabed, then one of our Studio rooms is ideal.

Executive Lounge, you’ve said it, at only £39 per night per room (2 sharing) breakfast, afternoon tea and canapés in the evening, great value!

Re. the pool, yes, I’m sorry that you were not aware of its closure. We did our utmost to ensure all major agents were aware of the important Health and Safety works. I do hope you will be able to return soon to enjoy our new improved facilities.

Thank you for adding another 5 star review and I hope we can welcome you all back soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London? Share your experiences!