“Anniversary weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7UT, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 15%
Ranked #109 of 1,054 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Derbyshire
“Anniversary weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked this hotel for a wedding anniversay weekend, the room we had was on the 13th floor
with a balcony view, which we could see the London Eye. The room itself was spacious, modern with all the mod cons you would like to see and need . the fridge was a little small if you wanted to keep wine or juice in, but was added a bonus for cans. The hotel offers a take away- dining in room service which is a good option if you didnot want to use the restaurant or go out, the prices are very reasonable, especially if you have children. The breakfast was disappointing, the food was only just warm and we had to wait around for the food to be topped up the waiters , they were very slow attending to this. We are frequent travellers so on a comparison with other hotels this was poor service that requires addressing immediately. It happened every morning we were there! the other problem we found was if you were a couple youre seating arrangments for lunch or breakfast was very cramped and close together with other people and therefore any conversations you had were not private. On a good note there was a variety of food but not hot! The hotel has a fab location, but the dining experience let it down, however well worth a visit.

Room Tip: chose a high floor and a suite
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear towntocountry,

Thank you for your review and for choosing us for your special stay.

Glad you could enjoy one of our spacious rooms.

Thank you for your feedback on our breakfast service. I continue to focus heavily on our guest experience and we have seen some great improvement as some of the reviews here suggest. I am sorry this was not the case on your visit.

I hope we can welcome you back soon and know you’ll enjoy the breakfast experience as it should be.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,275)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for two nights in the beginning of march.
Even though, the room was with no view everything else was excellent .
The service and hospitality was very kind helpful and professional .
All facilities were very well designed and maintained.
The breakfast was fresh and rich

• Stayed March 2013
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear efrat1972, thank you for reviewing your stay with us and for adding another 5 star rating.

My team and I are delighted we provided such a wonderful experience for you, this is truly our aim for all our guests.

I’m pleased you enjoyed our facilities and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel is nicely located and up to date in furnishings. The service was good. The only problem was that we were not given the room that we thought we booked and nothing was done to correct the situation for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your reviewing your stay with us Jill R. I’m pleased to note you enjoyed our location and design.

I’m sorry to hear about your room. Without knowing your booking details I am unable to comment freely, however, you would have been allocated the room that was booked and confirmed. Regrettably, if we were at full occupancy on your arrival date we would not have been able to amend your room type.

Prior to your next booking, please do visit the Park Plaza Westminster website for a full listing of our room types, remember for an external room you would need to select a Studio bedroom, for a room with a view it’s Studio Iconic view.

I trust the above will help you with your next selection and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a lovely hotel, apart from a couple of things it really was stunning and great location. Upon arrival I was taken aback by how stunning, huge and bustling it was inside. I had a standard room booked but got upgraded to a suite and king size bed without even asking. The room was really really lovely, big and spacious and a wonderful bathroom. The only shame was if I had been just a few rooms over I could have had a lovely view of Big Ben and the Parliamanet building. Unfortunately due to this being a business trip I didn't get a chance to try out any of the two restaurants or the spa. Biggest regret was when I found out they had personal trainer treatment avaialable but unfortunately could not take advantage of that. The bar in the evening was high life and seemed to be extremely popular. There was a live band playing one night and they were really good. On my first night I took advantage of room service, food was good, wine was excellent and service swift.

Now my two complaints, unfortunately I was on the second floor and it seems that I must have been what felt like right on top of the stage, I could hear every word sung by the singer in the bar and it took a while before I managed to fall asleep. Secondly the breakfast was a little dissappointing, service was really good but food choice was so so.

Other than these two things I would highly recommend staying here for both business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Try and get a room as high as possible as you may get to see both Big Ben and London Eye from your r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hege_71,

Thank you for your review. I’m pleased to you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed one of our comfy spacious room...well almost.

I’m sorry the noise from Primo Bar disturbed you, we have managed this much better in the past and I’m sorry for this lapse in service and your poor experience during breakfast.

I will continue to keep an eye on these areas and look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy and improved service.

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation despite these hiccups.

Dundee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great location! If we peaked sideways from our room on the 14th floor we could see the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament which was a bonus. Check in could have been quicker but it seems to be an extremely busy hotel and the staff were doing all they could to work through the check in queue. Our room was very comfortable and quiet except for the guests that decided to have a party that lasted for most of Friday night ...... Not great. When we complained to reception about the disturbance caused by the guests, they had been made aware of the situation and were very apologetic. We received a note of apology the following night and some lovely chocolates which was very much appreciated and a nice touch.Breakfast was fine - lots of choice and all very fresh. This is my second visit to this Park Plaza and it won't be my last.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor last time I visited this hotel with a room looking out to a very busy road...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you pixcell for reviewing your recent stay.

Sorry about your noisy neighbours, hope the chocolate helped ease the pain!

Thank you for your continued loyalty and recommendation.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just had a celebratory weekend at the Park Plaza. Thoroughly enjoyed our time at the hotel and would happily stay again. This is a big international hotel service was polite and efficient, the room was clean and furnishings where of a high standard. Comfy large bed 2 TV's although no movies and Fridge and microwave made for flexible options. We paid extra to upgrade to a river view which was well worth the money. the bar and restaurant looked ok but given the amount of alternative options we chose not use them. I was especially impressed by the acoustics of the hotel and despite overlooking the bridge we heard no traffic noise not even the striking of Big Ben.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors and upgrade on the day for a river view if you have to.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your review Lee K and for choosing our hotel for your celebratory weekend.

We’re delighted you enjoyed one of our comfy iconic rooms.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My rate included breakfast which was great, free wifi as with all Radissons - all hotels should be like this and until they are Radissons deserve the business. One negative, my room has one window it's 'internal, so very dark. Facilities excellent !

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for you review, recommendation and continued loyalty T-potGlasgow.

I hope we’ll be able to welcome you back again soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London? Share your experiences!