“Great Location! Great Service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

You added Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7UT, England (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #130 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Puyallup, Washington
“Great Location! Great Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Besides having a great location, we experienced great service at this hotel. It was the first stop in our European Extravaganza - April 2012 and we left very pleased with the level of service, amenities and overall experience!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks for your review and recommendation MonicaV2, we're pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and hope we can welcome you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,536)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I spent a night there recently. We had resd such wondreful reviews that we expected more.
Our room was nice but with no view as our room faced inward.
The hotel was extremely busy and we could notfind a seat in bar afterdinner. Also rhere were long queues for breakfast.
The breakfast was very good as was the hotel's lication.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I’m sorry to read you did not enjoy our usual Park Plaza Westminster Bridge experience Diana M.

As you’ve noted we’ve received many wonderful reviews and therefore your stay experience was certainly not the norm, my apologies.

Thank you for your feedback, it has genuinely appreciated and has served as a great reminder to our team of the need to be consistent in the great serve we deliver.

I hope to welcome you back to enjoy our improved service.

Dyffryn, , United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two night in January to celebrate a 34th wedding anniversary, arrived by Taxi to find the hotel is in the middle of a roundabout, in not very attractive surroundings. We had upgraded to studio room which had views over the bridge to Big Ben but mainly over St Thomas's hospital. Large airy room, comfortable bed and sitting area, small area for making tea and coffee, with provision of crockery and cutlery so you could bring food in, small microwave as well. There was little noise from rooms next door, but don't think the hotel was very busy, so may be different if full, Sirens from ambulances could be clearly heard and traffic noise (9th floor) was enough to wake you in the early morning. The hotel had made us a lovely chocolate cake to celebrate our anniversary which was in the room when we arrived, little stingy on the tea and coffee provisions, I don't think four tea bags and four sugars is enough considering these rooms usually cost nearly £300 a night. We ate in the restaurant that evening, long periods of waiting involved and asking a question of some of the waiting staff results in a blank look and a "I'll go and ask". Food in the evening was very good, well presented, well cooked and generous portions. Breakfast however, I found the choice good, but the cooked food was not hot, it was dry and not very appetizing, the second morning I asked for two soft fried eggs and after waiting 15mins received two egg which resembled plastic frisbys, hard dried up apologies. I left them on the side of my plate and it was some 20mins later that someone actually took my plate away and even then I had to say that they were disgusting, I wasn't asked, and no apology was offered. We later ordered a "high tea" £19.50 upstairs in the bar, I asked if it would be possible to have and extra sandwich instead of the clotted cream and scone and after a little hassle, (three girls having to come and check what it was I wanted) we received the afternoon tea. I was shattered to find that the sandwiches were obviously pre-made, pre-cut refridgerated jobbies, cold hard and very un appetizing, little things that really spoilt it for me, I didn't expect to get that sort of thing in a hotel of this standard, not for the price you pay. Overall, I was un-impressed, I was certainly glad that we had got the hotel at a special price, £150 per night for B&B, as I have paid a lot less and got a lot better. Perhaps I expected too much, I don't know, but I certainly wouldn't go back there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review Lyn L, however I am sorry that you did not enjoy the true Park Plaza Westminster experience.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your surprise complimentary cake to mark your special occasion.

Please note regarding the amenities in our rooms, we generally cater for 2 persons, however more tea, coffee, sugar and milk is available upon request.

Your comments regarding the service in Brasserie Joel and your Afternoon Tea experience in the Executive Lounge is disappointing, but appreciated. I have shared this with our Food and Beverage Manager and Executive Chef. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality foods with exceptional service and I am sorry this was not your experience.

I do hope we’ll have the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Bedfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during an anniversary stay in London and booked a special Iconic View room as we had seen that these views were special. They really are amazing views, our room overlooked both the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye. The room was spacious and modern and had a separate lounge area which was lovely to take breakfast in the next morning. Speaking of breakfast, that was delicious too, and the room service was on time!

This is a modern hotel with striking interior and the service seemed to be attentive and excellent throughout.

Room Tip: Book an Iconic View room for a great view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for your review and comments following your great experience with us.

We are delighted that you have added this great 5 star rating and I have shared your review with the entire team and it’d be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Braga, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stunning hotel. If you have the budget and like modern style confort, this is it. The location is perfect, just off Westminster Bridge, with Big Ben looking straight at you. Common areas are gorgeous, the staff is very friendly and efficient, the restaurant (Brasserie Joel) serves wonderful food, rooms are spacious, confortable and nicely decorated. Overall the hotel is a bit dark but that just adds to the sophisticated feeling of it. Very lively bar at night, choice of breakfast from continental to full english (crowded at week-ends, you may get served in a different floor) great spa and such facilities... What else do you need? There's only one note on the minus side: the executive lounge (which you can get upgraded to, but otherwise can't access) is located not on a top floor but on the 2nd, and corridors on all floors overlook it, so if you are not paying to be there it gets you a feeling of being excluded from the best view of the Big Ben right in your face... Well, anyway I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member! ;-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you MartaC for your 5 star review and recommendation.

We have some great offers that include the Executive Lounge, why not visit the Park Plaza Westminster website for more details. Then on your next visit you can enjoy breakfast, afternoon tea and light snacks/canapés in the evening...and of course a great view.

Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having to stay in London a lot for work, this is the hotel I choose when it is a pleasure trip. I have stayed many many times since March 2010 when it opened and yes there have been a few little problems over the time BUT always gets sorted straight away, (things like internet gone down or the maid has not cleaned fully).

I would recommend any out of town or foreign visitors to stay here, with lovely views from the inside over the bridge and Big Ben it is a close walk to different tube stops and nice walks to many many attractions London has to offer, or for business one tube stop and your in the City.

Can't go wrong with this one and one tip .... join the loyalty scheme as there are many good hotel chains in it and great rewards.

Room Tip: Try to get Higher floors as no matter what way you face the views of London are great and the bedroo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, recommendation and continued loyalty 666UKTraveller666, we’re delighted you’re enjoying all the great benefits of our Club Carlson Reward programme.

We’re always pleased to welcome you..for business or pleasure.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with 2 friends during a snowy weekend in London.

Excellent location, 5mins walk from Waterloo underground, ~10 min walk to Westminster tube station.
London eye,Westminster, Big Ben, Westminster abbey all within walking distance; 5-10mins away. Buckingham palace about 30mins walk away, and from palace, Trafalgar Square is about 30mins away.

Room was lovely, comfortable and clean. There were three of us sharing the room and the room was a good size. My sofa bed was comfortable and quite big. The type of place you look forward to coming back to at the end of a tiring day out.

Breakfast was plentiful with a wide choice of food.

Hotel has a spa and fitness centre, but I didn't visit these. There's a lounge bar and coffee lounge.

Really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your feedback Flyingoaktree. We’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted that you’ll be back on your next visit to London.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon, do let me know when you’ll be coming back.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London? Share your experiences!