“Ideal place to stay for business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7UT, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 15%
Ranked #108 of 1,073 hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Edinburgh
“Ideal place to stay for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. I stay at hotels and apartment hotels in London frequently for work and I will definitely stay here again. A major plus point for me is the fact that there is a kitchen area in each room with a microwave, fridge and nespresso machine. This meant that I could make a quick trip to M&S and had everything I needed for dinner and breakfast without having to get room service / go down to the restaurant.

I was upgraded to an executive suite which was great. The lighting was easy to control (often a gripe I have with hotel rooms), as was big TV etc. The suite was nicely laid out, the shower was excellent and the bed was comfy.

The main downside was that the pool/sauna/steam room closed at 9pm which seems very early - I saw lots of disapointed people. It meant I could only swim for 30 mins by the time I had finished work and checked in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review ClareBlackEdinburgh glad you enjoyed the upgrade and our comfy rooms.

My apologies regarding our Spa and fitness facilities during your stay, regrettably due to emergency maintenance works we had to shut the pool earlier than usual.

I hope we can welcome you back soon to enjoy all our facilities.

5,543 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,236)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great, central location...walking distance to Parliament, Whitehall, Westminster Abbey, etc. Right next door to Waterloo Station as well. Very modern and comfortable. Just be careful which rooms you get...views can either be amazing or horrible (as in the inner "courtyard" that stares into other rooms). Also, not much in the way of restaurants, pubs, shopping, etc. in the vicinity...need to take a good 10 minute walk for anything worth walking into.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thanks floricuse for your review, we’ve got a great location haven’t’ we.

Yes, we encourage all guests to view our room types on the Park Plaza Westminster website before booking to ensure you choose your preferred room and location.

For an external view you’d need to select a Studio room, for a room with an Iconic view, its Studio Iconic View.....but please note these room types are not always available via other websites.

Thank you.

Cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights from Jan 14 to 16th. The location is perfect for West End theatre shows and all the usual tourist attractions. Prices were reasonable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Room 504 was excellent, I knew at time of booking that room had an internal view so that wasn't an issue. Bathroom was superb and the mood lighting is a nice touch. Food was excellent and my only gripe was you could order Peroni lager in the French restaurant but not in the bar.

Room Tip: I booked hotel through lastminute.com and had a great discount with bed & breakfast. If you wan...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks Spence L, we’re glad you enjoyed your time with us, I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Chaguanas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a total of 3 nights from December 10-13, 2012 on business.

The location is superb...walking distance to Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Bridge, the London Eye, Southbank and two Underground stations.

The prices were not that bad, given the time of year that I travelled and also that my booking was made only a week or two prior to travelling.

The staff are great, very accomodating and friendly. Their express checkout service is fantastic as it eliminates all the associated hassle of regular checkout. The concierge desk is always manned as is reception.

The restaurant has an attractive modern decor, spacious and clean.The food, while nothing special, is tasty and always warm. The choice of juice drinks is also welcoming.

The room that I stayed in was sufficient; properly heated, clean and secure. Only one complaint though....the universal a/c outlet that is supplied was not working but it did not affect me much since I always travel with my own universal a/c adapter.

For a hotel of over 1000 rooms, management seems to be doing a pretty good job, and that's as much as I have to say about this one....4 stars!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the atrium....its quiet, desolate and pleasing to the eye in a sort of...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you trinlimer for your review, glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

What was your room number please and I’ll double check the adapter outlet, I do hope we responded promptly to repair it during your stay.

Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in January 2013. It's a good hotel with very friendly and helpful staff and it's in a great location.

However I have a few comments - Firstly I booked a Superior double room, which in my opinion should be superior to a standard room. Not so. The Park Plaza Westminster (and I presume the whole group operates like this) call standard rooms superior rooms. Now that's just misleading people which is not right.

Secondly, be careful which room you choose. We stayed in Room 729, and we only then discovered that on each floor there are a number of rooms which only have a tiny amount of natural light. When you pull your curtains you are looking out at a white internal wall which is about 2 feet from your window. The windows are a curious L shape and if you are a contortionist you might be able to climb on the window sill to see some natural light but it's not really worth the effort. Take it from me that you will have to have the lights on in these rooms all the time, no matter how bright the day is. That really should be explained to when you book and it should be made clear on the hotel website.

When we expressed concern about the room we were offered another room but at a cost of few hundred Euros more. As I had already paid €800 for 5 nights (which is not cheap) I wasn't about to splash another few hundred to get what I should have had in the first place.

The final complaint I have is about the bar where they add on 12.5% service charge without as much as a by your leave. I accept it is stated at the bottom of the bar menu but not everyone reads the small print on a menu. I think it's a bit thick to automatically add on this charge even if you order the drinks from the bar yourself. I only cottoned on to this after the first couple of transactions so I stopped it at that point and even though I got some funny looks there was no argument.

Would we stay in this hotel again? Yes we would, because as I already mentioned, it is in a great location, the rooms and beds are comfortable the bathrooms are well appointed and large. As also previously mentioned, the staff we encountered were all excellent.

A few changes would make for a much nicer stay.

Traveller tip - A London transport travel card is excellent value at approx £30 as it gives you unlimited travel on all buses and tube trains in Zones 1 and 2 (plenty for visitors)

Room Tip: Ask for an outward facing room and avoid rooms which are facing a wall.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you John K for your candid review.

I’m sorry you were not aware of our room types listing, please note for your next visit that they are listed on the Park Plaza Westminster website.

I’m glad you’ll be returning to us on your next visit to London and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is extremely well run and has a army of well trained, polite, friendly staff.

For a 1000 room hotel, I am surprised how smoothly everything ran.

Check-in was sub 5 minutes, after being greeted by friendly door staff.

We (my girlfriend and I,) received a complementary room upgrade, which added to a fantastic London experience.

We were situated on the 5th floor, and we had a spacious bedroom, bathroom (with shower separate to a large bath) and living room. There were two separate flat screen large TVs (one in each room) complete with multimedia centres.

There was also a small kitchen area, with more facilities than most hotels. (Kitchen sink, kettle, microwave, full set of plates, bowls, cutlery and other cooking utensils).

The lighting control in the room is very modern, and allows a whole array of lighting choices from bright, to atmospheric to pitch black (thanks to the very effective blackout curtains).

Bed was very comfortable, sofa was ok. Good amount of desk space. Foreign power station (good for travellers), plus free internet (fairly fast).

Bathroom was very clean and modern, a large separate shower cubicle with rainforest head complemented the adequately sized bath nicely. Lots of towels provided, more than enough. They were also changed daily, as was the bedding.

When walking through the corridors, the atrium view (windows near the lift area) are spectacular. The slick glass of the hotel juxtaposed with Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament makes for an interesting sight.

Breakfast was dealt with well. We had no queues, and at no point were any of the buffet dishes empty. They were constantly full and at good temperature. Custom items were also available to order (FoC) such as waffles, pancakes etc. I had a waffle and it was very good.

The hotel location is a 5 minute walk from Westminster station; the walk is over Westminster bridge which offers some amazing views. This walk really did kick every day off to a great start. I'd rather walk for a few minutes than the station be on the door step of the hotel.

The area outside the hotel and up to the station feels safe, even late at night.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, and will definitely be back.

All of the other 5/5 reviews that I've echoed just hold testament to how good this hotel really is.

I loved it so much that I've just booked a trip there for my parents. I didn't think I could do it justice by talking about it, so thought they should experience it themselves. I know they will love it too!

Please see 4 attached images. 2 I've taken with proper gear, and 2 iPhone images.

Room Tip: Even rooms near the main road are very quiet. Higher the better (for views).
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Adam W,

Wow, what a review, thank you for your recommendation.

We are working very hard to maintain the great experience you have just enjoyed and your review is better than any marketing we could put together.

I have shared your comments with the team and it has served as a great reminder of how when they show their great passion for delivery outstanding customer service it produces a wonderful experience for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon...and your parents of course!

Twickenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We found the hotel very friendly, very comfortable and well equipped
Our function was well supported and went very smoothly, dinners all served on time, and the staff efficient and helpful
Don't be confused when you arrive, there are two Plazas next to each other.
You want the one with all the taxis queuing up outside

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review mikeinmalaga, glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London? Share your experiences!