“new years eve” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7UT, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #116 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Watford, United Kingdom
“new years eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

stayed at the park plaza new years eve ,we had a great stay from the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out super location for sight seeing london eye ,westminster abbey, fireworks new year ,check in was very quick and cloudia was very helpful the room was very nice comfy bed good entertainment system,we loved it and will book again soon

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Glad you enjoyed NYE with us oggyoggy69, we are certainly well placed for the celebrations and fireworks.

Look forward to welcoming in 2014 with you again!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,320)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I'm currently staying at the hotel and I checked in approx 20 mins ago, I came in too check in at approx 12.05 and was told that my room was not ready, my reservation with park plaza said check in from 12, however the receptionist indicated that this was incorrect! Not really my fault and more there websites fault. She agreed as a gesture of goodwill she would give me a room on the 11 or 12 floor with a good view happy with this I accepted and went for my theatre trip. On returning at approx 5ish I'm told that they have put me on the original floor (6) and not sure why the other receptionist said floor 11 or 12. She went away to discuss with someone and came back after 5 mins, to agree to the move to the higher floor. I've found that they have given me the 11 th floor overlooking the train tracks and I can hear the trains. Is this suppose to be the good view. Extremely disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear OtherUK,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Please could you confirm the website stating 12pm check in as our website currently states 2pm, thanks.

I apologise also for any confusion with regards to your room and have shared your comments with our Reception Manager.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for the opportunity to provide a wonderful experience for all our guests.

Thank you.

Isle of Man
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

It was our first visit to Park Plaza, Westminster Bridge and we were not disappointed. It's in a great location, just down the road from Waterloo Station and next to the London Eye and all the fun to be found in South Bank. The room was divided into a sitting area with sofa and big tv and the bedroom also with big tv. The little corridor between the two has sink, fridge and even a microwave with plates and cutlery. The bed linen and pillows were first class.
To top it off there was free wifi.
We slept like a log and surprisingly, even being in a busy location, there was no noise at all just brilliant views of London. We will be back....

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you maxcat55, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a large new hotel. The facilities and rooms are very good - if you are visiting London then try to get a room overlooking the bridge and Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Everything from check in to room service is slick.

My only negative is that it is maybe 15% too expensive - that aside if you are a regular and can do the 50% points 50% cash booking it is a real deal. Also the possible upgrade on booking is a great idea and I have never been disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review Bearit6741.

Tenby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stopped for one night on our way from West Wales to Gatwick. Wanted a hotel within walking distance of Covent Garden and Soho, shopping and evening meal. That we got, - a superb situation, would recommend for any tourist coming to London. Hotel was grand and impersonal, - but what would you expect from an upmarket hotel in central London? Room clean and well laid out. Early breakfast in room was excellent, lots of it and fresh croissants. Didn't have time to try any of the other facilities. Just two gripes... I had specifically asked for a room with a view, was told on arrival that was not possible with the room rate I had paid. No rooms available for an upgrade. Ended up with a room facing a blank wall six feet away. No daylight whatsoever. If I had known beforehand I would happily have paid more. The experience left a slightly sour taste in the mouth. Secondly, arriving by car is apparently not a common occurence. Was directed to a car park twenty minutes walk away on the other side of the river, to pay £40.00 for a night's parking. Fortunately prior research found me a secure attended car park 2 minutes away in Upper Ground for £12.00 for 24 hours. Some deal between the hotel and parking company? All in all, slightly disappointing.

Room Tip: Make sure if you want a view that you book it beforehand and have confirmation. Otherwise you will e...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear tudor9, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay.

I’m pleased to note you enjoyed one of our comfy rooms and our breakfast.

I apologise for any confusion regarding parking. We have Valet and offsite parking available to our guests, I’m sorry you were not aware of this prior to your arrival.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future to enjoy an improved service.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at Park Plaza Westminster from 27 to 30 October 2012. Had a fantastic stay and I give the hotel my best recommendation. Big thanks to consergier Andrius - he was incredibly professional in his job and took good care of us. I will definitely stay at this hotel next time I visit London. Thanks for a great stay!

Regards Hildegunn E

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review HildegunnE, in particular for your kind words regarding Andrius.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Park Plaza is a great location for sight seeing. My son and I stayed there for 4 days and we walked everywhere, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, The London Eye, 10 Downing Street, Hyde Park Corner, Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace. We also took a tour bus all around town, got off and walked all of Oxford St. then back on the bus and to the Tower of London, Tower Bridge.
After doing all the sights we were able to go back to the Hotel and relax, eat dinner and listen to live music in a beautiful lounge area to recharge for the next day.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking Big Ben which looked beautiful at night as London was decked out for the O...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your review lilenglish, glad you and your son enjoyed your stay with us and our beautiful city.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London? Share your experiences!