“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7UT, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 15%
Ranked #104 of 1,073 hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Yorkshire
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Me and my friend stayed here 2 nights in September 2012. We had the choice of upgrading to a suite for minimal cost so we did (cant remember how much). Our room had a glimpse of Big Ben, 2 double beds,separated by a small kitchen unit with microwave/fridge/sink. With no exception the staff were brilliant. Took advantage of the executive lounge which was fantastic and worth every penny. The young guy who worked in there was so accommodating. I'm sorry but I can't remember his name but he deserves a medal. We rang reception both mornings and had breakfast delivered to our room and this was gorgeous. We spent our first night in the hotel because there was a Michael Buble tribute. We had a fab nite and met some great people; the place was buzzing. Would definitely stay here again (if I could afford it). The location is second to none. Well done to everyone at the Park Plaza.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you pargaluvva, what a great review.

I have shared your comments with the team and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

5,463 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,192)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Guernsey, Channel Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I posted a review of this hotel last year after my stay in Aug and having recently returned from my 2nd stay and thought I would provide an updated review as it’s been just over a year since my first stay.

The stay

This stay was organised as a treat for my parents who had travelled from Spain. I wanted to make the trip memorable for them, so knew (from previous experience) that this hotel would give them a bit of a wow factor and the hotel didn’t fail to deliver on this.

The Check –in

We arrived at the hotel around 2:30pm, so slightly before the official check in time. We proceeded to reception and to a bit of a queue. There was a member of staff on hand organizing the queue for check in / check out and were advised that one of the agents would be free shortly to check us in. The wait was very minimal and we were soon being greeted at reception with a welcoming smile. I had originally booked Studio rooms, but had contacted the hotel prior to our arrival to upgrade the rooms to suites with terraces. The check in process took a little time, whilst the upgrades were processed and the formalities completed, but the whole process was completed fairly quickly and we were soon on our way to the 13th Floor and our rooms.

The rooms

We were allocated amazing rooms for our stay. Whilst I had stayed in a suite before, this was my parents first time and as they had no idea that the rooms had been updated to suites and they were amazed when they opened the door to their suite. The suites are furnished to a high standard, have great facilities and are a decent size. The additional of a terrace makes the stay all that more special. My parents had a view of the London Eye to the left and the Shard to the right. Our room was overlooking the front of the hotel, so we had views of Big Ben and the London Eye and the size of our terrace was amazing. Sitting in the sun with a cup of tea watching the throngs of people crossing Westminster Bridge was a nice way to relax on a Sunday morning. Once again I was amazed by the suites and couldn't imagine booking anything other than a suite when staying here.

Executive Lounge

I had included the executive package in the booking, allowing us access to the lounge on the second floor. Again we made good use of the lounge and during the whole of our stay, the lounge was never busy. The staff were always pleasant and welcomed us back each time with a smile. There was again a good choice of snacks available, though I did note that during the evening, the hot offerings only catered for the meat eaters and there were no hot offerings for us non meat eaters. At times it can get a little chilly in the lounge, but it’s difficult to heat such an large open atrium. You cannot avoid the amazing view up Westminster Bridge to Big Ben from the lounge.

Overall stay.

I have to say that I remain impressed with this hotel and the professionalism of the staff, especially those that I communicated with prior to arrival to ensure that we had the best stay possible. A year on since my first stay and the hotel is still delivering a great experience. This is a great hotel and it would be so hard to stay anywhere else now.

Everything went very well and all of us left having had a totally amazing stay. From the amazing rooms to the professionalism of the staff. A fantastic stay was had by us all and my parents definitely left feeling special indeed as did I.

I will be making my 3rd stay here when I stay for New Years Eve this year. Having stayed twice before I know that I will definitely enjoy NYE at this hotel and I am so looking forward to it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wow KyleGuernsey, what a great detailed review, thank you for your recommendation and continued loyalty.

We eagerly await enjoying and welcoming 2013 with you in a few weeks!

ps - just a note for your next visit , I’m pleased to confirm we do offer vegetarian canapés during the evening service, however, I will make sure it’s clearly marked.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Every hotel stay has its own highs and lows. Park Plaza Westminster had the stiff upper lip service, sometimes way too stiff. I loved the big room, the chocolates that seemed to appear out of nowhere and the English breakfast was so traditional (albeit chaotic). The hotel staff even managed to break my world adaptor into pieces (wonder how!) and when I complained I was directed to recharge my mobile at the business centre for a price.
Yet I give this place 4 stars and would love to stay there again...just 3 reasons for that...location, location and location! Walking out of the lobby to the view of Big Ben and the prettiest view of London eye across the Thames at night, the fun and frolic on South bank and Waterloo station a whistle away, I possibly can't spoil this review, can I?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your review sourav_sil, despite some concerns we are all delighted you’ll be giving us another chance.

Our surroundings is indeed one of our many strong points, so is listening to our guests, why not let me know when you’ll be back to enjoy our improved service?

Milton Keynes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

A great hotel tastefully renovated, has a suite with separate lounge, excellent lighting controls, access to microwave, even had sink to fill the kettle and china and cutlery should you wish to serve your takeaway in style -bathroom had shower and bath -comfortable bed -service very attentive and reception areas clean and tidy-attended an awards dinner and the food and service were excellent-very modern styling throughout

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review Normsky2007.

Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here last week with my mother. Booked this hotel for a present for my mums 70th birthday. Arrived at 10am and staff were so pleasant. We were met at the door and welcomed to the hotel. Congratulated my mum on her birthday and as my mother sat down they took care of storing our luggage and told me discreetly that a birthday cake would be in our from after 3pm for my mother. The concierge and reception staff were so friendly, When we had returned we got our keys and went to our room. Our luggage was delivered to our room. The cake was gorgeous and there was a lovely card with it. We knew we had an internal room and had read that the rooms were quite dark.

The lighting in the room is very low and discreet and to be honest a light over the mirror in the entry hall of the room would be good but the lighting in the bathroom was fantastic.

Beds were so so comfortable and did not hear a thing. Soundproofing was great.

I had forgotten my toilet bag but was delighted to find that it was not just a shower gel/shampoo there for our use but a separate shampoo, conditioner, showergel, body lotion. Of top quality also. What was great was that there was a toothbrush and toothpaste, razor, shaving cream also provided along with the usuals.

I was pleasantly suprised to find on our return the following day from our sightseeing that new toiletries were put in place even though the half used ones were in the shower. Was a bonus.

We did have a meal in the french restaurant. My mum had a problem with her main course and the hostess was absolutely fantastic making sure she could have a replacement meal. Now I know they would have to do that anyway but never once was my mother made feel as if her complaint was annoying the staff. They were so lovely and friendly, not just polite.

Location was perfect. Walk out the front door and you are looking at Big Ben. We went to see Scrooge in the Palladium which was fab and felt very safe walking back from the tube station later that night.

Would I stay here again. Definately. Would I recommend it Definately. Some people may not like the decor of the room. I know I read a few reviews about the large lady's face on the wardrobe door but we loved it and even my mum who is quite conservative loved it. Superb entertainment system.

Everyone of the staff from cleaning staff to reception desk was so friendly and so helpful.

No problem printing out boarding passes just go to the business centre and free to print out.

Saw loads of familes there to. We did not get to visit the spa and swimming pool but will definately go again.

Room Tip: If you want a brighter room go ahead but we had no problems with the inner atrium
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Delighted to have made your weekend so wonderful Ceyw, thank you for your review.

Do let us know when you wish to return, it’ll be our pleasure to look after you both.

tel aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The best hotel i've ever been to !! amazing room and amenities..
Would definitely come back! It seems like the hotel designer and managing staff thought of every little detail and the result is fun to use ..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks 1_israeli_traveler for this AMAZING review.

Co Durham, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. We stayed in a suite on the 13th floor which was fantastic with 2 bedrooms 2 sitting rooms a kitchen dining room 2 bathrooms and decking overlooking the Financial District. The hotel is modern and I loved the decor. Breakfast was gorgeous. Hotel location is central and the staff were extremely helpful. I would definitely stay here again and will be hopefully going back in August next year

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Great Danielle S, can’t wait to see you again next August.

Thanks for your review and recommendation.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London? Share your experiences!