“Disappointed Visitors” 1 of 5 stars

+44 20 7403 8403
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Pont de la Tour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,389 of 17,998 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Scenic view
Description: Le Pont de la Tour is London’s ultimate destination for fine French dining with breathtaking views. Located by Tower Bridge with dramatic panoramas across the City, the glamorous setting is matched by executive head chef Tom Cook’s exquisite French cooking. In fine weather you can dine on our famous riverside terraces enjoying restaurant favourites including Dover sole and the celebrated seafood platter, alongside modern dishes such as ravioli of langoustine and Valrhona chocolate mousse. The adjoining Bar & Grill offers a sophisticated take on a Parisian brasserie, with a buzzing atmosphere and bistro-inspired food to match. An impressive wine list of Old and New World wines, overseen by Le Pont de la Tour's award-winning head sommelier Nicolas Clerc completes the experience. Whether it’s a luxurious three-course dinner, a relaxed lunch on the terrace or a cocktail in the Bar & Grill, dining at Le Pont de la Tour is unforgettable.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Disappointed Visitors”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This restaurant came recomended....we were so disappointed. Food was terrible. Over priced and poor quality. Better fillet steaks in M&S Food Dept. I think you are paying just for the location.

Will NOT return. In hind sight we should have returned the poor steak and fatty lamb (urgh)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kim S, General Manager at Le Pont de la Tour, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Madam,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our food on your recent visit at Le Pont de la Tour and that you thought the quality of food was poor. In order to investigate this further, I would appreciate if you could contact me directly on kimst@danddlondon.com with more details.
Apologies again for the negative experience you had with food and I do hope you will contact me soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Great value on a top table deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you want to spend a lot of money you can - but if like us you are looking for deal I would suggest avoiding ordering too much wine and the side dishes. With a top table deal it was £75 for a 3 course meal for 2 with a glass of wine, This was our second visit and we found it was not as good as the first. The food was warm but not hot, the roast beef a bit tough. The waiting staff were excellent, apart from the wince waiter who was abrupt.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Sir,
Thank you for dining at Le Pont de la Tour recently and for posting your feedback online.
I am sorry to see that your second visit at our restaurant was not as good as your first one.
I will definitely look into this and I will speak to my team and our Executive Chef. I hope you will return for the third time and your experience will be far better than recent one.
London
“Great view of Tower Bridge (and that grotty Guoman hotel!!)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nothing outstanding in terms of food, drink or service - just exactly what you expect from a D&D. The memory I brought away was of the Bridge. Lovely at night.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for posting your feedback online and thank you for your recent visit at Le Pont de la Tour.
As a restaurant we do indeed try to provide our guests with an outstanding food and service accompanied by the stunning views at the Tower Bridge and I can only apologise for the fact that you did not feel this way.
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly at kimst@danddlondond.com.
I hope you will visit us again and your impression of us will change.
Looe, United Kingdom
“Disappointing Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Was looking for a very special birthday treat for two & booked in advance. Dressed for the occasion & arrived in good spirits. I knew the restaurant was modern & stylish as often pass by & found the interior supported that impression. It was a fine evening so the close proximity to the river & the magnificently lit Tower Bridge provided a stunning view. For me the restaurant was uncomfortably hot & although I wouldn't say the reception received was cool it seemed to me somewhat aloof or distant.The one person who displayed a pleasing mix of professionalism & warmth was the sommelier. His knowledge was sound too. I went knowing it would be an expensive evening however I was prepaired to pay the prices for such a special occasion. I left feeling rather embarrassed in front of my guest as I had made such a poor choice. The meal was simply not good enough especially when comparing it to other 'high end' establishments in London. Worse still, I wouldn't have been impressed at half the price as I required something better. I won't be a returning diner but have the feeling this restaurant would be better as a luncheon venue.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Sir,
I am very sorry to read this and to see that you feel disappointed with your recent visit at Le Pont de la Tour.
It is very sad that you thought the food was not good enough and some members of staff were aloof. I will address the issues you raised with the full management team as well as our Executive Chef and we will investigate this.
I would be grateful if you can contact me directly on kimst@danddlondon.com so we can discuss this further.
I would like to apologise again for your unfortunate experience and I hope you will visit us again.
Sussex
“Highly professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

New to me, le Pont de la Tour is a stylish modern restaurant with fine views of Tower Bridge. The first thing that stands out, an essential for a proper City establishment, is that the staff are impressively professional. You feel cosseted and in safe hands.
Oh, and the food is the same. Ambitious luxury food, perfectly presented. I started with a thick chunk of fresh foie gras, perfectly fried. Then scallops with black pudding and (the only minus point) some bitter white beans, quite the wrong accompaniment - who cares, I left them on the side. Finally I had the best crepes suzette in 30 years, wonderfully thin pancakes piping hot in their plentiful rich orange sauce. How many times do you get thick crepes, lukewarm, with a marked lack of sauce? Not here!
My son had carpaccio, monkfish and the crepes too. He liked it all. With Martinis, warm olive bread, excellent coffee, truffles and service: £138 well spent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Sir/Madam,
It is great to see that you had such a lovely time dining with us recently and that your first visit at Le Pont de la Tour did not disappoint. Our crepes suzette are truly delicious and I am happy to see that you appreciated it.
Thank you for posting your comments online and I am looking forward to seeing you again.