“Laughed and laughed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Playhouse Theatre

Playhouse Theatre
Northumberland Avenue, London WC2N 5DE, England (Westminster / Belgravia)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #436 of 853 Attractions in London
Suffolk
5 attraction reviews
“Laughed and laughed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

You don't have to be a Monty Python fan to enjoy Spamalot! The theatre is small so where ever you sit you are right in the action! The cast we saw included Les Dennis, Warwick Davis and Bonnie Langford! They were superb, we just didn't stop laughing (the cast were having trouble too!) Great night out and a great end to our trip to London!

Visited October 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Spamalot was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Spamalot was a great show! Very entertaining. Didn't stop laughing for 2 hours straight! The entire cast was on top of their game. Could see it every night!

Visited September 2013
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
22 attraction reviews
“Spamalot- excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The show was amazing, I highly recommend it for the adults out there. The female lead Bonnie Langford was fantastic. Well worth it.

Visited August 2013
Burlington, North Carolina
39 attraction reviews
“Glad I didn't just walk past!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Visiting the Playhouse Theatre was the grand finale of a busy day of sightseeing in London.

I had been from Knightsbridge to Tower Bridge and numerous places in between. It was a hot day. My feet were tired, and were ready just to get me to the hotel where they could rest. I tried to see something at the IMAX theatre on the south bank, but I didn't want to wait up for a late show, as I was certain I would sleep through it. As I walked back to the hotel, I passed the Playhouse Theatre which showed SPAMALOT as the show for the evening. I walked in, bought a ticket seating me in the upper balcony, then refreshed myself at the hotel before the show. Couldn't be easier!

Upon my return, my ticket was checked and I proceeded to climb the stairs. And more stairs. Did I mention there were stairs? Up I climbed, until I reached the upper balcony. Wow, what a view! I found my seat, and relaxed. The seats were somewhat small and steep, but this should not be a problem for a shorter person. At 190cm height, at times I felt a little cramped, but the seat was otherwise comfortable.

I could see most of the stage from my seat. If I leaned forward and to the side, I could see a little bit more. It's the cost of buying a discounted ticket, of course. Regardless, I found myself admiring the decor of the theatre itself. The staff person on the balcony repeatedly advised that photography was not allowed. It was a tempting thought though, the decoration really was worth looking at. I tried to capture the best mental image possible, and hope that there were photos online to refresh my memory later.

The play was a comedy and I laughed - so all was as it should be in the world of theatre. I didn't laugh at everything, but I laughed. Mission accomplished. I enjoyed the experience and it was an ideal closure to a full day.

Visited July 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“One of the highlights of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was a bit nervous about bringing the family to Spamalot since some reviews had put it into the silly pantomime category. Well, I thought it was brilliant! Sure, there were some moments where the humour wasn't quite the 'clever' kind that characterised Monty Python (eg Boris Johnson cycling across the stage), but the action moved so quickly that it all worked very well. I'm not a great fan of musicals but the songs really were good, and fitted in so well. Highly recommended. And Bonnie Langford was very gracious in giving autographs to our children at the stage door afterwards.

Visited July 2013