“Should be better” 2 of 5 stars

Terminal 3 | Heathrow Airport, London, England
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rhubarb is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10,069 of 17,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Should be better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Looking at their menu, Rhubarb seemed quite promising, but I was hugely underwhelmed by the whole experience.

After waiting to be seated for about 5 minutes (I was the only one at the entrance), someone finally acknowledged me and I was directed to a table. The staff, although not busy, had no sense of urgency and were distracted and disinterested. This was the tone of the service for the rest of my meal. In fact my waiter started the service calling me sir and as soon as I had my food, he just called me mate - a little too informal for my liking.

I ordered a Mexican burger and was informed that it had to be well-done due to British law (which is fine), but what actually came out was a hockey puck. It was dry and chewy. There were no jalepeno chillies and the guacamole was almost non-existent. On the plus side, the sweet potato fries were good and went very well with the sour cream.

With some major tweaks in their delivery, Rhubarb has the potential to be a good restaurant on the basis of their concept, menu and decor. They really need to sort out their staff issues in order to achieve that though.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Over priced with the Ambience of a Cafeteria!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I had a meal 6.30pm on the 25/1/13 just before we flew to Bangkok and i have to say I felt totally ripped off!!
To start i have to mention what happy staff I think not! of the three that came to our table not a hint of a smile evident it was if they were deliberately trying to look miserable!
We ordered a bottle of white wine approx £25 ( I think the cheapest on the wine list ) the male waiter came to our table in what only can be described as dashing to our table almost skidding to a halt with our wine and a bottle of bubbly for another table he literally plonked ours on the table rushingly undoing the cap and disappearing off to the other table with their bottle of wine, we sat there bemused for a moment is he coming back to pour some for us to taste or even confirm it was the wine we had ordered or even pour some for us we just left it on the table for approx 6-7mins to see if he was going to return eventually I can only assume the head waitress came over and proceeded with things as they should have been done in the first place.
The tables are so crammed in you are sitting embarrassingly close to other diners you have more space between tables at a supermarket cafe!
We had the Angus burger approx £12.50 not impressed just tasted very rubbery i would have had the steak but the seating and ambience did not feel right so much so I was almost expecting plastic eating utensils to arrive with our food thankfully they didn't!

Try it at your Peril & Expense!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Witney, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This what an airport eatery should be, quick, comfortable, good value and quality.
I stopped in for breakfast and ordered a bacon butty. This was billed as coming with tea or coffee.
I don't drink either, so ordered one of their fresh juices, Apple and Ginger. The juice was an excellent pick me up. The bacon butty was served on excellent granary bread.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had discounted the butty price to take into the fact that I hadn't had a hot drink. Butty and fresh juice for £5, great value.

• Visited January 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“try the knickerbocker glory ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Thank god they got rid of that awful TGI Fridays - seriously how much 'Flair' does one have to put up with just before a long haul flight when all you wanted was something to eat and a quick beer ! Rhubarb is a vast (and i do mean a vast) improvement to the eataries in T3. Sit at the front and watch your fellow passangers go about thier business. Make sure you also have that 80s classic knickerbocker glory (but caution it does contain mango - even it doesnt mention this in the menu [which is a shame as iam very allergic to it]) but other than that its great !

• Visited December 2012
London/Worcs
“A welcome addition to T3”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

A fairly new, and welcome, addition to Terminal 3 - on the site of the former TGI Friday. We only had drinks and a snack as were flying mid afternoon. Menu is quite pricey - £5.00 for a cheese and tomatoe croissant but that said it was very tasty and nicely presented. Waiter was totally charming and service swift. Would certainly revisit next time flight departs from T3.

Flight monitor is in the restaurant so no need to constantly run out to check for flight update.

• Visited November 2012