“A night to remember” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #192 of 17,931 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The third restaurant to be opened by acclaimed chef brothers Chris and Jeff Galvin, La Chapelle has been consistently praised, winning no less than 8 top restaurant awards in its first year, including AA London Restaurant of the Year, and Tatler magazine's Restaurant of the Year. Chef Patron, Jeff Galvin, provides a menu of modern French cuisine, gaining a Michelin star in the 2011 Red Guide, just a year after the restaurant opened. There is also a menu gourmand, prix fixe lunch, early dinner menu, and Sunday Roast lunch menu. The service, under the direction of Alessandro Piombino and his team, effortlessly combines warm, friendly and attentive hospitality with a fine sense of tradition and decorum, in keeping with the grandeur of this Grade II-listed building. The restaurant is one of the few restaurants in London to hold a vertical list of Hermitage La Chapelle wines.
“A night to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently returned to the UK after working in the middle east and decided that it was time to propose to my girl friend. After eating at Café A Vin a number of times and always enjoying the experience and the food I chose La Chapelle as the destination to propose as it is a beautiful building and a very romantic setting.

When booking the table, Fiona in the reservations department was very helpful, nothing was too much of an effort or too much to ask. My girl friend loves the snails at Café A Vin and Fiona not only made sure we had one of the best seats in the restaurant but also made sure the snails would be available for our starters. Fiona also made arrangements for the ring to be brought from the kitchen and presented to my girl friend under a cloche at the table.

When we arrived at La Chapelle everyone was very friendly and we were made to feel welcome, we arrived slightly early and had a drink at the bar before our meal. My girl friend was unsure of which cocktail to have, the bar tender was very knowledgeable and helped guide her to a cocktail that she would like. Once we were shown to our table the waiting staff were very attentive and always close by should we require anything, it was clear to myself that they knew of the impending proposal yet they were discrete enough so as not to raise the suspicions of my girl friend.

My girl friend chose the snails for her starter and I had the foie gras terrine. My girl friend then had the Brill and I chose the roast steak and oxtail, all of the dishes were sublime, well presented and cooked with care and precision. Once we finished our main course we were full and could not eat anything more, this is when the waiting staff presented the ring to my girl friend under a cloche as a pre desert and I asked her to marry me. After she said yes we retired to the garden as a newly engaged couple and had a discussion with the cigar waiter over the best cigar to have after our meal.

The whole experience was very enjoyable from booking the table, to the bar tenders, to the waiting staff, to the food and finally the cigar waiter who explained the selection of cigars available at the end of the meal, we will certainly be going back to La Chapelle in the near future.

• Greek first
Birmingham
“top notch - excellant service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I arranged a corporate lunch for 30 people and the event could not of gone better.
The venue is stunning and it does have an outside terrace for drinks and dining if required.

We have a set menu due to the large party but the food was fabulous and the service perfect - nothing was left to chance - no wine glass left unfilled and yet all the waiters we so unintrusive.

I would definately go again

“Wonderful Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit for Sunday lunch and the three of us had the fixed price lunch menu. A fantastic experience all round. A stunning ambiance, lovely food and very professional service that was extremely friendly and helpful. To top it all there is a jazz trio playing in the background. With three courses at £29.50 a head or £38.50 with half a bottle of wine what's not to like? Difficult to beat.

Visited June 2013
“A very special evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My now fiancée booked a table here last night and had everything organised with Fiona to make it a special evening.
The food was amazing and the service was exceptional like other Galvin restaurants.
Thank you for making it a very special evening, one to remember!!

London, United Kingdom
“Truly great Prix Fixe dinner menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I decided to treat my partner to Sunday dinner here, and the prix fixe dinner option seemed the best for this modest treat. A super selection of dishes with some classics and foodie touches too. We got help from the polite sommelier for wine choices - pitch perfect. Great service and a stunning menu beautifully realised, what more could you want? We live in Spitalfields, and I can't believe we've hesitated to come here before thinking it should only be a very special occasion. I'm sure they do special occasions really well, but this kind of excellence should not be rationed! After you've been here you'll want to come back to try other menus, we certainly will.

• Visited June 2013