“Appaling” 1 of 5 stars

Genie's at Hollands
6, Portland Road | Holland Park, London, England
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Genie's at Hollands is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12,073 of 16,890 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai, Fusion, Asian fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Appaling”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant with our taste card which is 50% off food. We ordered 1 starter and the 3 of us then ordered a main and a rice each. We then asked the waitress if ice cream is included in the desserts as we got a cake each she told us yes twice that ice cream comes with it. To our surprise when the bill came it was 100 pound and 72 after discount which was shocking. My bottle of fizzy water I ordered was 5.75 and our desserts we had we was then told by a different lady did not include ice cream and was not included in the taste 50% off. We cannot believe for the hours we waited in there with the appalling service they tried to charge us 11.60 service charge.
Avoid this restaurant it's a complete rip off for crap food

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

37% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Quirky place, poor food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The waitress was very nice, the live piano was a bonus (and the completely off key singing was very entertaining) however the food was a great disappointment. I had Thai green curry with which had no flavour (definitely wasn't agree curry) and my boyfriend who also had a Thai green curry with chicken tasted exactly the same, i.e. flavourless, just his portion was half the size of mine (tiny!!). It was definitely the worst Thai meal I've ever had (and I've encountered some pretty average ones in the past). Cannot comment on the British food they serve, but if you're looking for thai food, avoid this place!
We were sitting upstairs, it was not very clean (stains on all table cloths) and smelled of damp. Despite the few positives of the place (nice personnel, quirky interior), the food was a deal-breaker and I won't go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Thai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Not the best Thai I have eaten. Pretty average. Very quiet for an early Saturday night in a affluent part of London. Maybe that is telling you something? Expensive for what we had. Not going to rush back. They accepted Taste Card which softened the blow somewhat when the bill arrived. Pleasant staff. Piano player arrived but did not stay long enough to hear him play!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had a very nice meal here - the setting is beautiful, and the hostess is extremely welcoming. The food was the best. I wish I had discovered this on my first night in town instead of the last.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Saturday night at Genies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I loved the decor of the restaurant and the staff were friendly, but we were the only people in the restaurant on a Saturday night! The food was good, although overpriced for what it is. On Saturdays they have live entertainment and as the guy set up he burped loudly whilst we ate! He apologised, but for someone working in a restaurant this is somewhat inappropriate. All in all we will not rush back there in a hurry. Which is a shame as they could do well in the location.

• Visited April 2013