“Terrible treatment of customers with ncrowd voucher” 1 of 5 stars

0207 586 7755
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Coco Bamboo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,858 of 17,041 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Brazilian, Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: They say reputation is a treasure to be carefully collected and hoarded, especially when you are first establishing it. This is entirely true. We have worked very hard to establish ours by providing our clientele with pulsating and exuberant Brazilian and Caribbean vibes in our restaurant/cocktail bar in Camden, and now we think it's time to share that treasure with even more people here in Belsize. If you wish to forget London for a while and travel across the Atlantic to reach exotic locations where you can savour colourful cocktails and delicious food, you basically have two options. Either you book a plane ticket or you book a table here at Coco Bamboo Belsize - we will take you on a flavour-filled journey! And while you're sitting in our cosy, relaxed and charming dining area , you will taste and feel Brazil and the Caribbean through explosion of flavours in our drinks and dishes - which we believe is proof that both those traditional and modern cultures are apt to merge and create the astonishing fusion at Coco Bamboo Belsize we pride ourselves on. So to find out how true these words are, you basically have two options. Either you contact all our customers around London or you contact us and pay us a visit. And remember, we are passionate about our hard-earned reputation and we look forward to having you here for a memorable experience.
London
“Terrible treatment of customers with ncrowd voucher”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

My party of four booked a meal at this restaurant stating we held ncrowd vouchers. When we arrived at the restaurant, they refused to honour the vouchers and claimed they had sent an email and had attempted to contact by telephone the person who made the booking. This was not true.

The restaurant claimed that ncrowd had failed to pay them in the past and so would no longer honour vouchers. Whether or not this was true, we had a booking with the restaurant and they accepted it knowing we had ncrowd vouchers.

“Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

I went last night for a date....such a warm and nice place! Food was great! Also, the staff very very kind!!! I'd suggest it especially for a date! I'll deffo go back there!

Visited March 2015
London
“Mothers Day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

I went to this restaurant for Mothers Day after scouring the net for caribbean restaurants.
The menu seemed the most exciting, although we were disappointed as they had a set menu for Mothers Day and the a la carte for some strange reason was not available. I found this strange as a restaurant should be able to cope at full capacity with their normal menu and it was not even that busy.
We drove pass the restaurant a couple of times as there is no shop front as such just a door as it is downstairs. Nothing great to look at just average.
I found the greeting poor. We stood there awkwardly for a little while before we we're acknowledge and even then it did not seem as though they had revived our booking.
The restaurant was cold and lacked atmosphere.
Anyhow we ordered of the somewhat limited menu. When the starters arrived the plates were cold and the cutlery was freezing.
The mains came, again cold plates. The food tasted ok but nothing great . Presentation ok but no garnish as such. There was was no wow factor considering the bill came to over £100 for two peopłe including cocktaiłs for two.
The cocktails were the best thing. They were freshly made and delicious.
Again the service was not great, just average.
Everything just average, except the price.
To be honest I was disappointed and wished we had gone to cottons or Shaka Zulu or just somewhere else.
In my opinion this is not a special occasion restaurant just somewhere to go with the family maybe when you feel hungry.
I resented the cost of the bill and will not be going back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Poor service for overpriced flavourless food!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

Visited Coco Bamboo this evening for the first time as we fancied something different for dinner. Entered the restaurant and was greeted by a fairly pleasant young lady. We ordered our starter which took approximately half an hour to be served, bearing in mind the restaurant was pretty quiet.

We have never had such poor service, the young lady who served us just didn't care. When the starter finally arrived, she chucked it on the table and didn't even asked us if we wanted more drinks, as our glasses were obviously empty.

The waitress that brought the mains over (which was served 45 mins after the starter) was much more professional and delivered the kind of service I expect whether I'm paying £ 10 or £ 100. It's ashamed as she wasn't our primary waitress.

The main was ok, nothing to get excited about, however my husband did say the quality of his steak was very good but flavourless.

I went to the restaurant with great expectations, as I read quite a few good reviews, but was extremely disappointed and won't be back.

London, United Kingdom
“Steep!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

I start with a warning! To get in you need to go down a pretty steep flight of stairs which may be difficult for some....but once down you emerge into a very well-designed and decorated set of rooms. The mixed Carib and Brazilian menu is full of good choices.The Seafood Gumbo and Feijoada were both tasty,but the Feijoada portion could have been a bit larger! Nice version of Ackee and Saltfish.Service excellent and prices reasonable for the area.My only niggle...portion sizes could have been a tad bigger overall.

• Visited February 2015