“The Perfect Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Arch London

You added The Arch London to your Saves list
The Arch London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Great Cumberland Place | Marble Arch, London W1H 7FD, England (Marylebone)   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #15 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Tel aviv
“The Perfect Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

This unique hotel is simply unparalleled in my many travel experiences. Seems like they have everything one can hope for in a hotel experience down to a tee.

From the moment you walk into the warm stylish lobby you realize you are in a hotel where every little detail has been carefully thought-out and designed, making it state-of-the art. It was very modern but warm, extremely comfortable, the modern furniture simply luxurious but also very personal and inviting. The sophisticated lighting throughout the hotel creates an atmosphere I've seen in no other city hotel.

The rooms are much larger than probably any other hotels I've seen in London, beds and room furniture great, making the physical stay in the hotel room also very convenient. Location is outstanding, 2-3 minutes from Marble Arch but completely quiet at the same time.

The hotel itself and its amenities are only equaled by the impeccable and really friendly and caring service of the Arch's staff. I saw how every single staff member I encountered - management as well - did the utmost to ensure that I as their guest was 100% satisfied during my stay.
Although this related to every detail, I will give 2 examples that are simply outstanding in the level of service one can hope for: 1) For an early morning meeting with one of my business associates we were offered and escorted by staff to meet in one of the amazing meeting rooms at the Arch. We peeked into the warm and homey room, only to see that two other staff people were in the midst of a meeting in the room. Nevertheless, they would not hear of us not using the room, and despite our own insistence they stopped their meeting and literally ran out of the room, absolutely insisting that we use the room for our meeting, 2) I left a pair of shoes in my room after checkout. Within hours I received an e-mail from management notifying me that the shoes have been found and will be sent by mail to my home,

It was so excellent and the staff were so helpful that I eventually tried to transfer any meeting I could to the Arch (the restaurant itself has this kind of lounge area that is very conducive for meetings) . BTW, any of the business people with whom I met at the Arch were completely impressed as well. What a better way of doing business, and then when done within minutes being able to unwind and enjoy the relaxed leisurely vacation atmosphere which the Arch creates.

Can't wait to get back to the Arch !!

I stayed at the Arch for 3 days.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Gabe613,

Thank you for the lovely feedback - we all love the title!

The team and I are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, the facilities, location and service we provide.

Please do let me know personally whenever you are planning to return, it would be wonderful to look after you again.

With warmest personal regards and thank you fro your genuine support!

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a week. First impression of this hotel was a little disappointing. The lobby area is small and the walkway towards our room is narrow. It is certainly unlike the grander hotels like Hilton or Hyatt. Our hotel room is tiny and we had difficulty walking around especially with 2 huge luggages in the room.

However, the hotel staff are extremely pleasant. We dined at the restaurant 3 times during our stay and the food is great! The breakfast sets looks stunning and taste good too. There is a cosy little room opposite the restaurant for afternoon tea as well.

The location is fantastic as well. Just 5-8 mins walk to Oxford street. I would recommend this hotel to tourists who love shopping!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Jane_Shen,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay and thank you for staying with us!

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and especially liked your comment regarding the service you received and our restaurant here - thank you.

Regarding the design of the lobby and corridors and first impressions, The Arch was build out of 7 Townhouses and being relatively small with only 82 bedrooms the hotel does certainly have a more intimate feel when you first step in - very different to a larger corporate hotel. As we are small and family owned we try hard to match this boutique feel and I am pleased you felt the service was personable, sophisticated and friendly.

Please do let me know personally whenever you are planning to return to The Arch. It would be my pleasure to show you a variety of bedrooms which all come in different shapes and sizes and I am sure we will find the right match for you.

Thank you again for staying with us and with warmest personal regards,

West Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

The Arch is a great boutique hotel just a few minutes from Marble Arch. Located on a quiet part of the block, the rooms are very nice and modern, nice bathrooms, free mini bar selections, and very quiet. The staff, from the door man to front desk, and the restaurant servers were all very friendly and really go out of their way to provide excellent service. The hotel is nicely decorated and had comfortable vibe, not 'stuffy old English' as many other places. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jeff G,

Thank you for the lovely feedback.

I am especially pleased to see that you enjoyed the service aspect of your visit and you felt "at Home".

This is exactly what we are trying to achieve and I am pleased you felt the hospitality you received was genuine and warm.

Please do let me know personally if I can be of assistance in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times, and it's completely fine-- good neighborhood, close to the city (and shopping). The rooms need refreshing, as things like paint was peeling from the bathroom doors, marks on the wall from the mirror and mirrors hanging off the wall-- and there were marks/ smudges on doors, etc. The decor is a little over the top but the service excellent and the beds comfortable. Also nice to have robes and the tvs by the bathtubs are nice for a soak and a relax.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear dromamania4evr,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in December 2013.

Being only 4 years old we are a relatively new hotel but regardless of this the maintenance of bedrooms and public areas is a top priority for us. I am sorry that your room was not up to our very high standards at the time of your visit

I wanted to let you know that since you stayed with us last year a lot of redecorating has been done especially in the bedrooms. We currently have a preventative maintenance system in place where each room is completely redecorated at least once a year.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will come and join us again whenever your travel brings you back to London.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We had a group of 35 people from India coming to London for an incentive and we stayed at the Arch London for four nights. I cannot speak highly enough of the level of service we received! The attention to detail was impeccable and all the staff worked so hard to make our stay and the event seamless! The hotel is stunning, both the communal areas and the room - I had such a fantastic night sleep which is uncommon on event! This is my new favourite London hotel by far!! :) Thank you for such a great service!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear SuzieG,

Oh I remember it well!

Thank you for the lovely comment, it was very nice working with you and your team. I am thrilled the event went well for you.

Please do let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

With warmest personal regards,

Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Stayed at the Arch whilst in town on business. Hired a meeting room and the staff were great in terms of refreshements and pointing our guests in the right direction. Great hotel, will stay here again and can definately recommend.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear DavidP,

Thank you for the lovely feedback, I am glad your meeting here went well and please come and visit us again regardless if it is business or leisure!

With warmest personal regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

What an amazing experience! Thank you!
We visited The Arch for my partners birthday. The staff made our experience very special throughout our stay. Excellent attention to detail and customer service. The room was very impressive with a beautiful bathroom and great wifi/sky facilities. I would recommend any one to this hotel which provides a more personal and better standard of service than other 5 star hotels in London. Conciege and reception team were very knowledgable and helpful with our car and luggage. We will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Worth going for an Executive Room as the bath has a TV in it and soft drinks are complimentary. Room...