“Boutique and stunning like it says on the tin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Arch London

You added The Arch London to your Saves list
The Arch London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Great Cumberland Place | Marble Arch, London W1H 7FD, England (Marylebone)   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #16 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“Boutique and stunning like it says on the tin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are spacious, with beautifully designed and hand picked furnishings. Nespresso machine, sky, king size bed, wet room, huge bedroom, plenty if furnishings to lounge on. Immaculate throughout with very friendly helpful staff. Ideal for Hyde park a short walk to Oxford st and soho.

• Stayed September 2013
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Kbranco,

Thank you for the nice comments. I am thrilled you liked the hotel and our great location.
Please come back soon.

Michael Voigt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night a few weeks ago with my husband - we were really impressed! There was a nice cake waiting for us in the room as it was his birthday - a nice touch. Also, they upgraded our room for free. The hotel is located in a nice and quiet area, just off the main street, near the shops and Hyde park. Room was very nice, clean and modern and the staff were very friendly. Will go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Atla_10

We are all pleased your trip was a success especially as it was a special occasion.Thank you for your support, its noted and appreciated!

With warmest personal regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have reviewed this hotel previously, but as I have stayed many times at The Arch since the last review, I believed it was time for an update. Well, I am pleased to say things remain as perfect as the very first time I stayed. The whole experience is truly exceptional. I have been staying here every time I come to London and all the staff make it feel like I am returning home. Everyone goes out of there way to help me and make the stay feel so special. The rooms are delightful and I think I sleep better in the Arch than i do at home! Every last detail is considered in the room and I still love the fact I can lie in the bath and watch TV!

It is still the only hotel in london I enjoy staying-in, drinking amazing cocktails and having a relaxed dinner in the restaurant. It really is just like being at home....a very smart home of course!

The location is very central, yet on a quiet street. You can simply stroll down to Hyde Park of Oxford Street in 3 or 4 minutes.

If you want to spoil yourself in London, then this is the place! But don't tell everyone...i still consider this hotel my little secret! As you can tell, I really love The Arch!

Room Tip: Try the junior suite....!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear badger 36,

We know who you are and we love having you as a guest!.
Thank you so much for your support.

Hong kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel is in a good location. I have high expectation about reading many good reviews, especially about the hospitality... However I find that the service is not up to 5 star!

We arrived at the hotel in the early morning, expecting to be able to check in since we paid the night prior to arrival. Surprisingly we found that the room was not ready! The requests that we submitted when we booked the hotel was not being addressed. Moreover, we paid the room with 2 separate beds but only to find the room only had one bed! The staff even said there was no room available with 2 beds ... !

Breakfast was good. However we found that they overcharged our breakfast, and tried to deny about it upon check out. In fact, at check out, they even forgot to give us 25 pounds credit as promised when we booked the hotel.

Overall the staff at the reception were not efficient and meticulous. They were not extremely helpful as one would have expected from a 5 star boutique hotel. We did not have a good experience on both checked in and checked out.

Room Tip: Check bills at checked out
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Further to your visit in July I wanted to thank you for your feedback. I have carefully investigated the situation with our Front Office team and all issues have been addressed and I am sorry for the frustration we have caused you at the time.
I have taken the liberty to reply to your personal e-mail and hope to be able to talk to you regarding your visit at some stage.
We are so proud to deliver exquisite service every day to so many of our guests and I know the teams here are genuinely passionate about great guest experiences. I am confident we can do a great job and please do let me know whenever you are planning to return to The Arch in the future and we will make your next visit memorable for all the right reasons.

With warmest regards,

Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just back from London and a few days @ The Arch, great hotel and great service, very happy with my stay as was my colleague who was visiting the hotel for the first time.
Wonderful place to have my meetings and recommend trying out.
All my London stays are now at The Arch and recommending to all my friends and business colleagues.
Met the new GM who seemed very friendly, helpful and look forward to working with him.
Going to do a Private Engagement Dinner at the hotel for one of the charities I work with. Great place to showcase.
Special Thanks to Michele in Sales who always ensures I am looked after to an exceptional standard.
Cant wait to go back in September.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your support – you are such great ambassador to The Arch.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Arch is a very welcoming oasis of calm just minutes from the bustle of Oxford Street and Marble Arch. The bedrooms are very stylish with every modern amenity, spotlessly clean and quiet. The staff are particularly friendly. The public rooms are very smart with some good modern art. We didn't eat at the hotel but the menu looked very good. I would definitely stay here again. The Arch is an excellent small five star hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Gill,

Lovely to read your comments – thank you. The team and I are really pleased your enjoyed the service, style and location of the Arch.
Next time please try our restaurant too and let us amaze you!
With warmest personal regards,

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at The Arch London Hotel just before New Year’s Eve.
We booked from voyage-prive.fr and we had an executive room. The room was very spacious, the bathroom enormous with a TV in front of the bathtub and we also had a shower cabin! The non-alcoholic drinks and the snacks were free of charge as well as the coffee and the tea. We appreciated the bed, which was very very very comfortable!
We also had the breakfast included. The first day we didn’t know that we had to order our eggs etc. so we were kind of confused with the variety of the buffet. Fortunately, we didn’t make the same mistake twice! Really rich English breakfast when you know how to order it!
The hotel is 5minutes walking from the metro, at the beginning of Oxford street. There is a mini market across the street and a small coffee shop.
A big thank you to the stuff for their help and we hope to see you again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear anna,

Thank you for taking the time to post such nice feedback of the hotel and let me know whenever you are planning to return to The Arch.

Michael Voigt

Been to The Arch London? Share your experiences!