“Excellent as always!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 1,073 hotels in London
Frome, United Kingdom
“Excellent as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I love Dean Street Townhouse...great location,great service,lovely rooms (even the tiny ones),I love the products, lively bar,great food.....I could quite simply move in permanently....when my numbers come up!

Stayed January 2013

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Manchester, U.K
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend just before Christmas. As I arrived earlier before the check in time of 3pm, I was shown to a nice bathroom to have a quick freshen up. Check in was quick and friendly.
The Small room that I booked was actually fairly spacious and cosy. The bedding was very comfortable and room was clean. There is no need to mention the fabulous extra “high power” shower (beats my rain shower at home!!) that came with luxurious Cowshed products. Take your pick depending on the one that best suits your mood…i.e. Grump Cow, Horny Cow, Moody Cow etc!
There are lenty of teabags in room and proper ground coffee in the room. Plus some lovely homemade biscuits is a treat to any guest. The staff was wonderful and attentive especially the guy who manned the lobby area where the coffee machine is located.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely return here again in the near future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my husband just for a one night stay on Friday 18th January. It couldn't of been a better choice for a romantic evening. We thought this hotel was a little gem for the following reasons;
Cosy, classy, intimate.
Wonderful bed with amazing pillows and gorgeous sheets.
The most amazing choice of toiletries to use including a choice of 6 full size shower gels from the Cowshed range.
A deep free standing bath in the bedroom with a lovely Cowshed bath oil to use.
Warm and snug bathrobes
Fresh coffee and tea was provided with fresh milk in the fridge oh and yummy cookies!
Despite being located right in the heart of Soho our room (room 4) was blissfully quiet
We didn't eat here but have done in the past and the bar and restaurant are very good with a great buzzy atmosphere.

Special mention for Damien for being so lovely on the phone regarding my room request and for his patience with my snow worries,

If the management are reading my review I would like to point out that the black young lady on reception is by far the most unfriendly, unprofessional and rude front of house team member that we have ever come across and we have stayed in many many hotels. If you would like to contact me I will be happy to discuss further.

Room Tip: Room 4 is very quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights. Not only was the location convenient or the tube, but also for exploring by foot, which my husband and I prefer. The staff was great and helpful. The toiletries are a treat, and actually included more than I thought, so we didn't have to hit up a store or make a special request from the front desk. I also liked having tea and cookies put out everyday. Perfect way to start the day or for an afternoon snack. We would recommend the Dean Street Townhouse, and we would not hesitate to stay again. The one thing I would change is I would not stay in the small room next time. With our two carrion pieces of luggage, the room was tight. I can't imagine if we had brought full sized pieces with us!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I always enjoy staying here - it’s the perfect location if you need to be in the West End. And as I’ve come to expect from Soho House - the quality and service always hits the mark. It’s super comfortable - set in a beautifully designed Georgian townhouse with a lovely atmosphere that's friendly and efficient. The restaurant is buzzing and soulful - food is fabulous. The only improvement could be new carpets. They’re shaggy and give off fluff that ends up everywhere. Annoying but I love staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
woodbridge, suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We recently stayed here in a medium room. It was wonderful from the moment we arrived the staff were incredibly helpful and the room was lovely. Not enormous but plently of space ( note clue is in the description) with a sitting area and a lovely sized bathroom. There was also the bonus of a claw foot bath in the room which was perfect after a long day Christmas shopping, especially with the wonderful Cowshed Products that are in the room. The Bath and Shower were overflowing with Full sized product to use, these are only charged to you if you take them home afterwards. The location of this hotel is fantastic, central Soho and within walking distance of Oxford St, Bond St and Mayfair in one direction and Covent Garden and all of Theatre land in the other. We did not eat in the hotel but there are an abundance of fantasctic restaurants surrounding it to satisfy any and all tastes and cuisines. We have stayed very close by in the Soho Hotel before but given the choice I would come back here again and again. There had been a mention of street noise but frankly it was not an issue and we were on the front of the hotel and always sleep with our window open for air.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently returned from a 3-night stay at the Dean Street Townhouse. We had a medium room which came with a claw-foot tub in the bedroom. The service was spot on and the room was lovely. The cowshed products are great too. The location is perfect for visiting one of the many great Soho eateries in the evenings and we didn't have any problem with noise despite the fact that the hotel is in a lively neighborhood. I look forward to staying there again during my next trip to London.

Room Tip: Room 17 has a tub and very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dean Street Townhouse? Share your experiences!