“Great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 1,075 hotels in London
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed in the Townhouse earlier this summer during the Olympic season and I just can't stop thinking about what a wonderful time I had whenever London is mentioned. So I'm finally here to make a review! The staff were so great. The hotel manager is fabulous and he has such a great reception staff, all the girls behind the desk were fabulous!! And gosh, the biscuits...irresistible today the least.

Room Tip: Each room is unique, and all beautiful!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Norton Sub Hamdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have stayed at Dean Street Townhouse probably half a dozen times in as many weeks. Great Location as smack bang in central Soho so great restautants, bars and members clubs on your doorstep. I tend to book the smaller rooms as generally just me and somewhere to lay my head but beds are huge and so comfy. There is a great Nespersso machine by the guest sofas at reception to sip on as you choose a DVD to take to your room. Rooms are clean and cozy and so much nicer than the majority of faceless 5* hotels in London. You never need a washbag as they thoughtfully include everything for 2 from toothbrushes to all Cowshed products. All rooms have retro Roberts DAM radio as well as Bose Soundock for your iPhone. Yet to try breakfast as not an early morning person but will try and get up that little bit earlier next time as by all accounts have been told it's one of London's finest.

Room Tip: On a budget the "Broom Cupboard" is fabulous and actually a split level mezzanine with tin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Dean Street Townhouse on three occasions, I would have stayed there more often but on my last two trips to London it was full, and that is just about my only complaint. First impressions are important and the reception staff go out of their way to welcome and make you feel at home. The rooms come in small, medium and large; I have yet to try the large, but for one person the small room is fine, the bathroom is large, very well designed wet room (I took pictures, I am going to copy it at home). The medium room comes with a standalone bath tub in the bedroom (perfect for sharing) and a wet room. The rooms are well decorated, very comfortable and unusually for English hotels, well heated. The hotel is great, but my favourite part of the Dean Street Townhouse is the restaurant and bar. It is just so full of life, so full of interesting, unpretentious people that you can (and I have) happily spend a night there solo and be sure to find engaging conversation and good company. The menu is simple but excellent, plenty of comfort food, whatever you do you must try the Haddock Souffle it is simply one of the best dishes you will find anywhere.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Heckmondwike, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I can't comment on the hotel as we didn't stay but went for breakfast and it was lovely, the service was attentive although the tables are set too close together. we ordered toast to start, ham hock hash with a brown sauce reduction and the beetroot hash with a red wine reduction, both came with more toast, also ordered fresh Orange and pink grapefruit juice and Americano coffees. it was all delicious and felt fresh and different. also when we paid it was a pleasant surprise to notice they weren't out to wring every penny from the customer, both the extra toast, jams and fruit juices were all complimentary! highly recommended.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed here last year and loved it so much booked again when we went to London last weekend. I love the Soho House Group in general as regardless of who you are they always make you feel like a star. We stayed in the same room (9) by request, which is one of thier small rooms, but it's right in the middle of the hotel so really quiet. It has the most comfy bed ever, a big eneough bathroom and more than enough room to move around for the weekend. The hotel itself is ideally situated for most of London.
They are exceptionally welcoming and no request is ever overlooked and they do their best to accomodate.
We only ate breakfast there, which again was fab and reasonablly priced. The bar of an evening is very buzzy and a great place for pre or post night out drinks with a great atmosphere.
All in all I haven't really a bad word to say about this place. We would definitely recommend and stay when we're next in London again.

Room Tip: room 9 is right in the middle so no noise, otherwise ask for a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Breakfast and Coffee.

I'm not a fan of Soho. I don't like how it's a little bit like Shoreditch where everyone wears glasses for no reason or how everyone says they work in 'media' when they actually mean they are an out of work graphic designer. I would never go there to be part of an edgy crowd where people lay about on sofas suspended in the air, so when a friend suggested going to this place for breakfast for his birthday, I was more than a little apprehensive.

But...what an absolute find. The waitresses were unbelievably polite, the host or manager (portly guy wearing a tweed jacket) was well mannered and seemed very comfortable despite the place being full and the atmosphere was delightful. I'd expect a place that was catering for as many people as it was to be a bit of a cattle market, but as it was we were sat down, given menus and weren't rushed in the slightest. The waitress came to order after a few minutes then returned moments after with the drinks. The tea was served through a tiny sieve quite common in places which put a lot of emphasis on authentic experiences but like in others I had visited there wasn't that sense of 'O look at us, aren't we posh,' it was more of a 'this will taste better if it's done like this.' The breakfast was top notch, the avacodo and eggs on toast (i think that's what it was) were excellent and the full english...was full.

I intend to take a few clients there in the near future as a safe spot in Soho. With regards to prices, you pay for what you get. I've paid double for an experience half as good before. I wouldn't stop going there if the prices were even a few pounds more experience.

I have to give it five stars because I can't quite work out anything negative, not enough to even bother wasting a sentence on anyway. Congratulations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Living close to London we don't tend to stay up in the big smoke, but as a surprise birthday treat my husband booked an overnight stay here. What can I say it was excellent, the entrance is like stepping back into an victorian london. We had a small room but it was so elegantly laid out and the bathroom was large and spacious just right for our one night. Breakfast served next door was so extensive and reasonably priced, if you can't find anything on there to satisfy your morning hunger you never will! Not only is this hotel great in inself, but you have the all joys of Soho on the doorstep and a small walk to Piccadilly circus and theatre land. Go on treat someone!
PS. The Cowshed toiletries were fantastic!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dean Street Townhouse? Share your experiences!